Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Never Would've Guessed

Having a GRAND old Time...

by thingamafrank 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-04-11 - Updated: 2009-06-22 - 2302 words

0Unrated
Sunlight snuck through my black curtains, gently caressing my face, and waking me from my peaceful slumber. I groaned and pulled the purplish-red covers back over my face. Right before I had gone back to sleep, I jolted up. Today was my 19th birthday. Are you fucking kidding me? Moaning I slumped back on my bed and stared at the ceiling. Something glittered from the corner of my eye. What the fuck, I thought to myself. Getting back up I saw a gorgeous black dress. It was knee length, had an inch wide collar around my neck, a teardrop cut that started at my collar bone and ended with an inch of cleavage showing, and upon turning it over, there was no back. A silver tarnished chain, connecting the collar to the bottom of the gap, held it together.
“I’m gonna kill her…” I murmured to no one in particular. I heard the door open and to my great relief it was just Anisa.
“Hey, guess what!” She whispered skipping into the room.
“Hmm?” I asked, glaring at the dress.
“It’s your birthday and Kathryn planned something for you whether you like it or not,” Anisa said poking me in the side.
I squealed and gave her a stern look. “You rapist!” I told her and poked her back.
She gave me a fake surprised look and we had a poke the other person in the stomach war. A few minutes later, the war ended and she won as I lay on my bed almost in tears from all the laughing.
“So, what would the birthday girl like for breakfast?” Nisa asked sitting on my bed.
“Just some peanut butter toast. Do I have to wear the dress?” I whined.
“Yes, if you don’t Kathryn will be pissed at me and will force you into the dress herself.”
I groaned and decided that it was best just for me to give in and let Kathryn have her way. Nisa left to go make the toast as I picked up the dress, turned on some loud music, and went into my tiny bathroom.
When I came back out, I noticed how quiet it was and wondered where everybody was.
“Where is every one?”
“I can’t tell you because that would give away what we’re trying to keep secret.” She put a finger to her lips and made a ‘shh-ing’ sound for a few seconds before we both broke down in laughter.
“Well fine, do you know when we finally leave this hell-hole known as these damned apartments?” I asked her, sick of the yellowish color on the walls that covered the tiny apartment.
We had lived in the small apartments for about 2 years and I had gotten the pleasure of sharing a room with Frank for the first 2 months before he moved back in with Mikey and Bob. So now, I had my own room and Kathryn has to share with Anisa. Kathryn had recently received a call telling her that her parents want to move to Australia but don’t want to sell their Californian vineyard. Therefore, she has decided that she will live there and take her eight weirdo’s with her. The vineyard is supposedly beautiful and HUGE. Us three girls will get our own wing and so will the guys. That means no more being cramped in this shitty, tiny, nasty-yellowed apartment anymore!
“Yeah, Kat said that we’re leaving the day after tomorrow. She also said that tomorrow there will be guys packing up everything and putting it in cars so that they can take it to California while we ride the plane.” She replied handing me a glass of Orange Juice to go with my peanut butter toast.
“Thank you and it’s about time that we get to leave! They told her over a month ago and I can’t take that ugly yellow shit that’s on the walls anymore!” I vented to her. She giggled at me and started to mess around with my short black hair. On any other day, I would have told her off for this, but I let it go and just ate my toast knowing that whatever is to come my way today is going to be far worse than her playing with my hair.

Kathryn’s POV

“Outfits? Check. Guys know what they’re doing? Check. Anisa? Check. Make sure the car is ready to go? Almost check,” I mumbled to myself, naturally earning a several odd glances from the people I rushed past. Today had to be perfect, unlike last year’s disaster with that asshole, Cameron.
“Kathryn! Explain to me again why I have to wear this?” Frank whined at me. I looked at him and shook my head in annoyance. 
"Frank, do you remember what happened last year with Cameron?" I asked in a cold voice. He nodded slowly a look of fear crossing his face. "I don't want that to happen again. And the party is going to involve a lot of people that are important. Like your boss. Like Cassidy. They are the least of your worries." I said adding emphasis on the ‘Cassidy’ part. I turned on my heel and almost ran into Mikey.
"Kathryn!  Cassidy's boss wants to know when the party starts." He said with his hand covering the speaker on his Palm Treo. He was already in his party clothes like the good boy he is. Wow he looks-wait! Not the time for checking Mikey out Kathryn. Not. The. Time!
"I'm bringing Cass at seven, but he can get there around six thirty if he wants to help you guys set up a little bit. He knows where it is, right?" I said while doing a mental head count of who was coming. He said something into the phone and mouthed ‘yeah’ before turning to help Ray with his hair. I stood there for a second thinking, and then remembered that I had to get the rental car ready.
I sprinted towards the elevator and skidded to a spot before the doors opened to reveal Bob. 
“The party is on this floor right?”
“Yeah, remember that, and don’t you dare write it on your arm. You wearing a T-shirt remember?" I replied sternly. I could’ve sworn that I heard him groan but I ignored it and dashed into the elevator. I pressed ‘Garage’ then ‘Door’s Close’ silently cursing any more distractions. It felt like forever until the elevator doors finally opened again. In that short period, I ran my ‘To-Do’ list in my head making mental notes of what I needed. I have to change into my dress and do my make-up before 6:00. I had to make sure that everything was to my specifications before the guests arrived at 6:30. Then I had to make sure everything was running smoothly before rushing to the Stinky old apartments to pick up Nisa and the birthday girl at 7:00, and then I get to party till either Cass or I drop. It's kinda funny, if anyone from work were to see me now they surely wouldn't recognize me in my sweats and plain hoodie with my hair pulled back into a messy bun, my bangs half done and my 5 minute make up job.
I was getting increasingly more stressed every second that passed. I was so stressed that every second my hands were not in use they started to twirl around one of my red brown curls, something I rarely do. Once outside the elevator, I ran to the stairs and went down to the bottom floor. It was underground where I had parked the rental car, a red Corvette and started organizing everything in it that was in plain sight. The jeep that the guys (Frank, Mikey, Gerard, Bob, Ray, and Nic) drove down here parked next to the beautiful little Corvette. Everything was stashed somewhere except for my dress for tonight and my makeup out and hoped that no one decided now would be a good time to get back for my bossiness the past couple of days. I sighed out loud and returned to the elevator to go make sure everything was going the way it was suppose to before I went to go pick up Cassidy and Anisa.

6:30
Cassidy’s POV
   I finally put on the little black dress and Nisa helped me get the boots on. Anisa had complemented me to no end when I emerged from the bathroom in the little dress. While putting it on, I discovered that the inside of the skirt was a metallic purple that you could only see when I spun around. Anisa was looking amazing in a purple and black tiger striped halter-top over plain black skinny jeans and knee high shiny black boots. Her hair was clipped up in the back and fountaining out the top of the clip. Her makeup was simple but it made the outfit stunning. 
      My hair was straitened and brushed to a glossy sheen. I left it down because Kathryn probably had an idea of what she wanted done with it. I did do my make up though. I carefully applied some of my sparkly mauve eye shadow over black eyeliner. It was all done to perfection with a practice hand. But you couldn’t see it at the moment because I was wearing Gerard’s stoner glasses. He probably had left them there the last time he and the guys came over to eat most of our food and hog the TV.
The finale touch to my make up was sparkly red tinted lip-gloss out of my secret stash of lip-glosses. This one was everyone’s favorite so I had to be careful where I hide it so they can't hoard it anymore.
I sighed as I let Anisa drag me outside into the bright sun shined day. I hate having my birthday in the summer, more accurately on July 28. I wished my birthday were in the fall like Franks. The lucky bastard. I exhaled loudly letting her know, subtly of course, of my discomfort.
She smiled and said, “I feel your pain.” I smiled lightly, whilst waiting for whatever we waiting we were waiting for. A Corvette pulled up to us. It’s red paint shimmering in the sun as someone got out. No it can’t be—
“Hey guys,” Kathryn said walking around the car.
“Is that for me?” I asked hoping she would say yes.
“Nice try Cass. It’s rented,” she said killing all hope. I made a face and she giggled. Her hair was down and she wore a blood red dress going down to her thighs to reveal her black skinny jeans and open toe heels that were red-black. As usual, she looked stunning and taller than I did. I was 5’2 and I was shorter than everyone was, even Frank! “Anisa you’re driving while I do Cass’s hair.”
Anisa nodded and skipped over to the driver’s side while Kathryn and I got into the back where she had a hairbrush and a few other hair things. I sat down and scooted over to the other seat so Kathryn could get in. I put my purse on the ground and stared out the window, wondering where we were going.
It took a half hour ‘till we got to the big building we were going to. The place was called ‘The Axis Lounge’ and it looked like a fancy hotel.
“You’re taking me to a hotel for my birthday?” I asked giving Kathryn and Nisa a look.
“No, you’ll see…” Nisa said putting a blindfold over my eyes. Someone started to lead me to wherever we were going and soon I heard a noise and felt my stomach drop as the elevator went up. The soft tune of the Darth Vader Theme echoing throughout the elevator did nothing to comfort me in this situation. The elevator stopped and someone pulled me around for a few minutes then stopped. Nisa took off my blind fold and Kathryn let go of my arm. There were big gold and turquoise doors in front of me that Kathryn and Anisa opened. Well they tried to open them but the doors wouldn’t budge.
“I think you’re supposed to push the doors open.” I told them, smirking and holding back a few giggles. They looked at each other and mouthed ‘Ohhhh’ then pushed the doors open.
A crowd of people all yelled surprise and ran around me to compliment on how I looked. I blushed and allowed them to let me be the center of attention no matter how much I hated it. Eventually they all brushed off and Frank dragged me over to where Gerard, Nisa, Nic, and Bob were. He handed me a beer and gave me an almost subtle once over that I decided to ignore.
“Thank you!” I said taking a sip of the beer. The sound of Nirvana’s ‘Smells like Teen Spirit’ pulsed through the room and I found myself soon tapping my foot to the beat.
“So, do you like it?!” Frank asked over the music.
“It’s amazing and I really shouldn’t be drinking this beer!” I yelled back at him. He laughed at my low alcohol tolerance and me as I took another swig. Upon feeling something grab my leg, I looked down and saw Nic.
“Nic, what are you doing?” I asked as he took a drink of his beer and continued to crawl around on the floor.
“I’m being a NINJA!!!” He screamed and army crawled his way to the DJ.
“We have weird friends.” I told Nisa, while we stared at the dancing Nic.
“Yes we do…”
Sign up to rate and review this story