Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Knocked on My Door

Chapter 4 :]

by Jaxxy 1 review

Another chapter :] yay. im on a spree. ^ crap summary xD anywho. Gerard has some issues and a chat with Mikey...O.o

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2009-04-22 - Updated: 2009-04-22 - 990 words

0Unrated
Gerard’s POV

Mikey pushed my feet over and sat at the end of the chaise parked on the porch, in back of my mother’s house. I had a cigarette in my mouth, and the newspaper in my hands. Not that I was actually reading it, mind you. My thoughts wandered as my eyes passed over screaming headlines.
“Gerard. You have to make an effort here,” He said solemnly, looking intense.
“What are you talking about,” I muttered, still scanning the newspaper.
“Hmm…maybe Sicily, your daughter? She’s never known a real father, and know that she has one, you don’t do shit.” He raised his voice in annoyance.
“What do you suggest I do, dear brother?” I laid the newspaper on my lap and ground the end of the cigarette into the arm of the chair.
“Maybe just talk. It will probably work. Frank talks to her all of the time, and she and him are pretty close now.”
“What do I talk about? What the cement felt like in that basement? How many drinks her father had each night? What was the air like? You don’t have some long-lost teenage daughter, Mikey. It’s harder to interact with someone…when…you’re expected to be close.”
“Gerard, just a little effort, please.” He pleaded.
“I can’t help but feel responsible for what she went through. I could’ve responded to Celeste’s letters, and this never would’ve happened. What if she feels that way, too? What if she thinks that I’m responsible? And what if she holds it against me?” I laughed at myself. “Listen to me, like a teenage girl, ‘What if they don’t like me?’”.
“If you can talk like a teenage girl, I’m sure you can talk to your daughter.” Mikey stood up and walked to his car. He sat in his car.
“You bastard. It’s my fucking life! Trying to tell me how to take care of a friggen child? What the hell is wrong with you?! I’m not fucking stupid, okay?”
He just looked at me. He closed the door of the car and drove off. I yelled after him, “I don’t even care, I’ll probably just send her back to where she came from. Mother fucking retard. It’s my life, my problem, okay? Thank you!!!”
I spun around to see a slender blond girl staring at me in shock. Memory clouded her eyes and she ran into the house.
“Fuck. Sicily! I didn’t mean it! Sicily!” I ran after her in to the house. My head was pounding. I needed a drink. No. I had been sober for a few years, now, and…
Shit. Who cares? We’re all going to hell anyways, I thought as I grabbed a beer from the fridge. Sicily was nowhere in sight. And as much as I felt bad about it, I needed time alone.

Frank’s POV

I was watching LA Ink on the television in Donna’s living room. I had been spending most of my time with Gerard, lately. It was getting difficult for him to cope, and I was afraid he’d turn to drinking again.
The door burst open, and Sicily ran in, her face wiped of emotion. She sat down in the floor and held her knees to her chest. Her eyes were open, but they weren’t seeing anything, and I could tell something had triggered a memory of the horrific past she had suffered.
“Sicily?” I shifted onto the floor, an knelt beside her. I wrapped my arms around her, but she showed no acknowledgement. Her heart was racing, as was her breathing. “Sicily? Please. C’mon. Nothing around here is dangerous.”
“He’s coming. He found me.” She murmured, fixating her eyes on a stain in the rug.
“Who?” I asked, even though I knew she was thinking of her father--the abusive one. Though he had never laid a hand on Sicily herself, I knew she must have suffered some psychological damage. It was unimaginable.
I pulled her onto the couch and sat. I kept my eyes on LA Ink, while her eyes remained glazed over. About an hour later, Gerard stumbled in, obviously drunk.
“Fucking Mikey.” He laughed. “What a dick, you know? Trying to tell me something even though I’m already knowing it, you know? You know Mikey, right? My brother. My brother. What a douche bag. Hahahaha.” He slurred, peering at me through one eye.
“Yes. Yes I do, Gerard. Say, have you been drinking?” I was contemplating what I should do. Gerard was pretty harmless, even when drunk. Even so, I wasn’t sure what my next move would be.
“Good Frank. Good Frank.” He petted my head. Sicily continued to stare into the carpet. “Omygoooshhh. You’re hair looks just like your mothers.” He lunged for Sicily’s head. She didn’t flinch. I held Gerard back. “The blondie girll is so pretty, she is. Hahaha!” He began laughing and didn’t stop until he was on the ground, practically asleep and fading fast. “Frank! Frank! You take care of mom, you got it? got it? Good. Got it good. You do.” He lost conciousness.

Gerard’s POV

I woke up on the floor. I recalled drinking a bunch of beers. I remember Sicily‘s haunting, blank stare. My head throbbed as I looked around. When I sat up, a wave of nausea swept through me. I ignored it and stood up shakily. Taped to the television was a note scribbled in Frank’s messy handwriting.
Sicily and I have gone to my apartment. We told Donna that you‘d been drinking. She said it would be best for you to stay where you were and sleep it off. She’s out with us.
-Frank



yay. I enjoyed writing the drunk part, lmao.
:]

-Jessie O_o
Sign up to rate and review this story