Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Knocked on My Door

Chapter 3

by Jaxxy 2 reviews

Sorry it took so long. I LOVE this chapter. It's just some randomness, but it sounds nice. Sicily is coping with the shizz :] hehe O.o

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2009-04-19 - Updated: 2009-04-19 - 587 words

0Unrated
Sicily’s POV

Gerard. Gerard wasn’t my father. My father was an abusive loony, and anytime I thought of my true father being this boy-ish, but kind man, my heart stopped. It wasn’t so. His brother, Michael, or Mikey, is tall and quiet. But for some reason, Mikey seems a lot more…understanding. He seems to know what I’m feeling, even though he was fortunate enough to have Donna and Donald as his parents. He doesn’t know what it’s like, but he understands the worry in my eyes and the fright in my voice. He knows it’s like crystalline tower---built up high and seemingly okay, but so delicate and precariously balanced. They’re all being so hospitable, but I’m so, so scared. I’m afraid that if my mother tells my ‘father’ the truth he’ll hunt me down. And if someone says one wrong thing, even just the word ‘father’ I get terribly frightened.

One of Gerard’s friends came to see me, as well. He is about my height, and makes me laugh, a sound I haven’t made since I was young. My laughter is so underused, it’s blocky and rough, unlike the smooth reverberations of Frank’s. That’s his name. He’s bright and charismatic, with dancing eyes and a mouth that’s forever in motion. I can talk to him. Although he knows nothing of the horror I before witnessed, he listens to me and makes me laugh. Although I’m not sure how to love my supposed ‘father’, I think I can love Frank.

And then there’s Gerard. He is so nice. But I can see pain in his eyes, and though he doesn’t say it, he feels responsible for the things I had to go through. He doesn’t talk to me, but he’s drawn me a few times. Once, when I was pretending to watch something on TV, and another time, when I was absentmindedly doodling on the polished celebrity’s in a ’People’ magazine.

Donna tested me on some things, because schooling is an option, and she was surprised at how much I know, despite the way I had previously lived. My mother taught me math, all the way up until simple algebra and even taught me a ‘language arts’ of sorts. We read A Midsummer’s Night Dream, and although Shakespeare is pretty confusing, I also found the story incredibly enchanting.

So, I’ll be starting school. I’ll be starting 8th grade, and even though I’ll be a two years behind other kids my age, it’s a start. Donna talked to the principal, and they said that they’d boost me up if I catch up well. Frank says he’ll drive me to school, even though Gerard offered. I never really get to talk to Gerard, he’s always drawing or writing lyrics or talking to the other guys. Or smoking. When he smokes, he wrinkles his face up and closes his eyes, like he’s thinking of something long ago and far away. I don’t know if he accepts me as his daughter yet. But I hope he does, eventually. And I pray that when he does, I can accept him to be the father I never had. It’s not to late to turn this around.



I love this chapter :]
Remember--tell me what you want in the story, and I'll see if I can squeeze it in somewhere.
Sign up to rate and review this story