Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > 1991

The Mystery Boy

by wheresyourheart 7 reviews

uh-oh

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2009-04-29 - Updated: 2009-04-29 - 1087 words

3Original
In the evening air, I sat on the porch, watching joggers, dog-walkers, and cars go by, thinking about... well, everything. Whatever came to mind. I was thinking about Gerard when someone came walking up the driveway. Having my small-town mind set, I didn't think much of it.

The someone was about, around my age, with brown shaggy hair and glasses. He was tall and lanky, standing atleast half a foot taller than me. As he approached me, he smiled. "Hi," he said. I guess I should be more cautious in this town, but his boy seemed harmless enough.

I smiled with my mouth closed, not sure of what to do. "Hi."

He stood there for a moment. "Can I... sit next to you?"

I nodded hesitently, replied, "Um, sure."

Taking his seat next to me on the stone step, he pulled on the sleeves of his green sweatshirt and looked out at the road. I looked out at the road, too. We were silent. Who was this boy? I was curious and it was driving me insane. But I didn't want to ask, because I didn't want to offend him and have him leave.

"Well," he started, then stopped. I looked at him, his eyes quickly averted to his feet. I waited for him to speak again. "Do you completely hate me?"

I had no clue what was going on, but obviously something happened between the real Amanda and this guy. I was freaking out, because I didn't know what to do. I still wasn't used to being someone I'm not (literally), even after four days.

"That's a yes," he said, laughing slightly.

"No," I uttered. We made eye contact and he gave a sad smile.

"Well that's good to know."

I cleared my throat. "I don't know if I should ask this, but... why would I hate you?"

He looked at me kind of angrily, "I don't really want to, like, repeat everything. You went through it, too."

"Oh."

I listened to him breathe. "So you and that Gerard kid, you're a couple now?"

"Yeah."

"That's cool, I guess. What went on with Pete? If that's alright to ask. I know we didn't end on great terms, but I miss talking to you."

Miss talking to Amanda? Seriously? I thought to myself.

"Me and Pete... we just, um, ended. And that's it."

"You guys seemed like the perfect couple."

I snickered, "You are far off. Maybe perfect for the old Amanda, but I'm not that girl anymore." I paused, then added, "You don't even know."

"No I don't know about you, Amanda. Your a mystery to me," he sighed, giving me a look. My heart skipped.

But wait, I'm in love with Gerard, my mind fought off the surge of butterflies.

I heard the door behind me open. Jake said in a flat voice, "It's safe now."

I stood up to go in. "You can come in if you want," I told the boy next to me, not wanting to be rude.

He shrugged, also standing up. "I shouldn't. I have to get home, anyway. Um, I'll call you."

"Sure."

"Alright. Talk to you later, then..." he told me as he began to walk away.

I said, "Bye," then went inside and shut the door behind me. I was still filled with curiousity about this boy, and I was confused whether I liked him or not. Of course I couldn't, because I was with Gerard. The Gerard Way. I get him before he's famous.

But here's the thing; What happens if we break up, and I'm stuck as Amanda? Or what happens if we're still together and I go back to being Casey? Then Amanda is going to make a complete ass of herself and be like, 'we are so not dating'. And if I do go back to Casey, it's not like I can tell anyone about dating Gerard. Think about it, "Oh yeah, I dated Gerard way in 1991 before he was famous. It was sophomore year at Belleville High. Oh, I'm sixteen? It's 2009? Yeah, I know. I know I wasn't born, but it happened, because I went back in time." Completely believable.

Not.

"You alright, Mandy?" a girl's voice squeeked. As I walked through the hall toward the stairs, I realized that there was a girl walking down them. The girl Jake was, uh, /with/.

"Fine." I told her, then began walking up, past her, and into my room, shutting it behind me. I walked over to my unmade bed and collapsed into it, closing my eyes. My blankets still smelt like Gerard, which was the smell of laundry detergent, a slight bit of cologne, and that smell that boys have. I layed there for a while, pretending that Gerard was laying next to me, but still wondering about that boy before.

Then I remembered what was in my pocket, so I took it out and unfolded the paper. I studied every line, ever smudge of shading, and the scribbly writing in the corner. And I thought, does Gerard really like me as a person? Or just the girl he sees, perfect body, hair, and face?

I wanted to be alright with it because, hey, atleast I have him, but the thought made me a bit uneasy.





______________________________________
new chapter, finally, a bit short but i'm tired :( :(
sorry. next chapter or the next next chapter, i'll put an insane amount of effort into. i'll be editing some stuff soon, and i'll tell you if i changed anything that might change the story line but other than that, it will just be things to help the story make more sense and to be more interesting.
one more thing... I WANT TO SEE BOUNCING SOULS SO BAD ON FRIDAY but i don't think i can go. FUCK. THAT. i'll go anyway.
well as always, rate and reviewww :)



EDIT
so right now i'm in the process of editing the storyline a bit. i'm getting kicked off the computer now but i will get back to it as soon as i can. the story changes are;
- takes place in the spring, not the fall.
- so they're going to spring fling together, not homecoming
- and peter plays lacrosse
i think that's it. plus i just fixed some awkward wording and stuff. nothing too drastic :)

ALSOOOOOOOOOOOO if you have an xanga, add me as a friend so you can read my ranting and look at my photog/read more of my writing :)
http://incitearevolution.xanga.com/

END EDIT.
Sign up to rate and review this story