Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Secrets We Keep...

Chapter 31

by flawedrainbow 3 reviews

Sorry! I am so sorry about the wait, I made it extra long though :) Evie's POV

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-04-30 - Updated: 2009-04-30 - 3892 words

0Unrated
I am soooo sorry about this taking so long. I wanted to make it the best that I possibly could. I hope you forgive me and tell me what you think in a review.

Evie and Holly say 'Please?'

-Evie’s POV-

I was high. On pain meds that is. Brendon called the in-house doctor not long after we got back into his room to check out my foot. He drugged me so I wouldn’t feel him extract the glass and clean it up, etc. I did end up needing stitches though, so that was annoying.

I began to giggle hysterically when I looked up at Brendon and saw pretty lights surrounding him.

“B-Brendon, there’s pretty lights around you!” I giggled as I laid on his bed.

“No there’s not baby, it’s just the meds.” He smiled amusedly before lying beside me.

Brendon began to look even more attractive-if that’s possible- so I grabbed the back of his neck and pushed his lips to mine. Things became more heated and Brendon ended up above me, kissing back like his life depended on it.

“Brendon? Stevie? Awe shit guys!” somebody exclaimed suddenly, causing me to break from Brendon and begin to giggle hysterically.

“What the hell! Stevie, are you high?!” the voice exclaimed, sounding closer now.

“N-no,” I giggled, “silly.” I added, lying back on the pillow.

“Brendon! I thought you gave up that shit years ago!”

“I have!” Brendon shouted back, causing me to flinch slightly.

“No yelling! Love and peace!” I said, sitting up and giggling.

Brendon and Ryan began to yell back and forth so I grabbed the crutches I was given temporarily by the doctor before hobbling out of Brendon’s room and down the hall.

I knocked on door 291 and waited eagerly outside.

“Evie?” Peter asked as he opened the door, “What are you doing here?”

“Oh isn’t it a wonderful day Peter Wentz? I mean- just look at all the pretty colours flying around! It’s just... whoa!” I exclaimed, seeing a light pass by his head before giggling.

As I was examining all the pretty lights, Patrick came to the door and look at me worriedly.

“Are you ok Eve?” he asked.

Why do people keep asking that?’ I thought to myself before answering, “I’m fine! Ohmigod! Holly! Holly my love, where are you?” I sung happily, swaying and moving a bit with my crutches.

“She’s high man.” I heard somebody say, but I ignored them and continued on my quest to find Holly.

Another door opened and a confused Holly walked out, followed by a girl with bright pink hair.

“Ahh! I want your hair!” I said, admiring the pink haired girl, who looked at my oddly.

“Uhh, thank you?” she replied confusedly, but I took no notice and hobbled over to Holly.

“Holly, Holly, Holly! Remember-remember when we had so much candy we kept giggling and everything?” I asked quickly.

She nodded, “Well, I feel like that right now, but like, a million times better!” I exclaimed, laughing.

“Evie, we should get you to bed.” Patrick said, walking over to us.

“No, no. Ryan and Brendon are yelling, I told them peace and love but they kept going so I came out here... ooh! Let’s dance! Come on Holly!” I said excitedly, hobbling over to her and grabbing her hands.

“Evie, are you-”

“Come on, let’s dance!” I giggled before bursting out into song and jumping.

“Eve, your foot! It’s bleeding bad!” somebody cried worriedly, but I dismissed it... and the odd pain.

I kissed a girl and I liked it, the taste of her cherry chapstick. I kissed a girl just to try it, I hope my boyfriend don’t mind it. It felt so wrong, it felt so right, don’t mean I’m ‘in love’ tonight. I kissed a girl and I liked it, I liked it!’ I sung the last note before kissing Holly smack bang on the lips and giggling... before realisation hit me.

My eyes widened, “Oh my god! I just kissed you! Meaning I cheated on Brendon, meaning he’s going to get mad a-and upset and break up with me! Meaning he won’t love me anymore and I’ll be alone and I’ll cry and it’ll be awkward and oh my god I cheated on him! I’m a horrible person! And my foot hurts.” I rambled before I began to cry hysterically.

Holly stepped closer, a look of worry in her eyes, “Evie, breathe babe. You’re scaring me, we don’t need you passing out.” She told me, but I couldn’t.

Everything was scrambled in my head, the ground was spinning and my foot was aching.

I took one step backwards and immediately regretted it because I hadn’t realised it was my bad foot.

“Oww.” I whimpered as I fell to the ground with tears running down my cheeks.

“Shit!” somebody exclaimed before a pair of arms swooped me up before holding onto me tightly.

“It hurts.” I moaned, burying my face into their neck as my foot throbbed.

“I know sweetie, come on. Let’s get you fixed up.” They said softly to me as they walked down the corridor and into another room before laying me down on a bed.

“Shh.” They cooed as another sob escaped my lips.

Even though I tried, I could not stop crying. The pain was intense, so that must mean either; I was hysterical or the pain medication was wearing off. I closed my eyes and tried to forget the pain but it wasn’t going away.

“Hey now, we’re getting the doctor baby girl. You’ll be ok.” They cooed to me again as a mangled cry left my lips.

The pain became too intense as I closed my eyes, so my body reacted in the funny way it sometimes does. So I passed out.

-x-x-

“Well, she definitely reacted... oddly.” Somebody said as I began to wake up-wait! When did I fall asleep?

“When did I fall asleep?” I asked groggily, sitting up on-what seemed to be- a bus bunk, “And where are we?”

“Hey, we’re in the bus.” Holly smiled at me.

“Oh.” I realised, as I laid back down.

“What happened?” she asked curiously, sitting down on the edge of the bunk.

“When?” I enquired back.

“How’d you hurt your foot?”

“Uhh, well... when Brendon and I went out, and I uh, took off my heels and we began to run back to the hotel. On the way, I stepped on some glass and... yeah.” I replied.

Holly looked at me for a second, before raising an eyebrow, “Why’d you run? ...something else happened.” She stated.

“Nothing else.” I said quickly, shaking my head.

“Don’t lie. I can tell.” She told me as If I were a fool.

I sighed, “Look, don’t worry about it ok? It’s fine, I’m fine, we’re all fine!” I said, trying to get off topic.

“Evie,” Holly started, sitting beside me on the bed, “tell me.”

Holly looked so worried yet in-control like, it was a strange look for her- it was a mother look, one I was only used to seeing from Adrienne. It made me feel more at home, if possible.

“Tell me.” She said again.

“Ok, umm, this-this guy was following us and I just had this feeling y’know? So I told Brendon not to panic, took off my shoes and we just ran back here and the guy chased after us. I’m fine though ok? Just some glass.” I explained, trying to brush off the subject.

“What?! Eve! Oh, uhh, god! Uhh, look, everything will be fine, you just can’t be alone like-ever ok? Uhh, does anyone else know?” she asked, a look of worry covering her features.

I shook my head, “Just you and Brendon, and calm down. I’m fine and nothing will happen.”

“Ok, well I think we should tell ‘Trick and the tour manager ok? Or, uhh- I dunno! Trick’s good in these situations, I mean- not that he’s dealt with anything like this before but-uhh, TRICK!” she called, sounding almost frantic.

He immediately appeared, “Yeah? Everything alright?” he asked the both of us.

“Everything’s fine.” I tried to tell him, but Holly interrupted me.

“Uhh, let’s just talk over here.” Holly said, quickly ushering him aside.

“Delilah?” a voice sounded.

I looked over and saw Brendon, “Is everything ok baby?”

I nodded, “Yeah, I’m ok... what about you? Are you ok?” I replied.

He nodded and lied beside me on the bunk, “I love you.” He whispered in my ear, kissing my neck gently.

“I love you too Bren,” I replied as I looked over, “Oh my god! Who gave you that bruise?!” I cried as I saw his cheek was swollen.

“Don’t worry about it ok? Just, get some rest.” He said, trying to change the subject.

“No! Ryan did it didn’t he? Why would he hit you?” I asked, placing my hands on both sides of his face to inspect the bruise.

“My ears are burning,” Ryan said, coming into view, “what’s happening?” he asked.

“Why did you hit him?” I retorted rather angrily.

“I was protecting you! I thought he had gotten you high and was back on that shit again!” he replied defensively.

“What does that mean?” I asked confusedly.

“Uhh, never mind babe.” Brendon said quickly.

Ryan looked at him frustratedly before sighing and focussing on me again, “So, are you ok?”

I nodded, “M’fine. Nothing I can’t handle.” I told him confidently.

“Alright, well I’ll leave you to it.” He sighed sadly, walking away.

It broke my heart seeing him like that.

“Wait!” I called after him, making him turn to face me, “Love you little brother.” I decided to say.

“Love you too sis.” He smiled widely before walking away and out of the bunk area.

“How’s your foot baby?” Brendon asked kindly, carefully sliding into the bunk with me.

“Fine. It’s more of a dull ache now.” I replied with a smile.

Brendon kissed me softly on the corner of my mouth, “I’m exhausted. Maybe you should get some rest too.” He suggested.
After he did, I yawned and nodded in reply, “You’re right. Nighty night babe.” I smiled.

“Night baby, sweet dreams.” He whispered, kissing my lips softly before leaving me alone to sleep.

-x-x-

“Evie, I don’t want you by yourself. Ever.” Patrick said, with Holly beside him.

“Guys, I’m fine. Which part of that do you not get?!” I asked frustratedly.

“I don’t care what you say, this makes Holly, Brendon and I feel much more at ease,” Patrick said in a stern manner, “just do it alright... please just go with me on this.” He pleaded.

I rolled my eyes and laid back on the bus couch, “Fine. So, who’s my designated babysitter?” I asked sarcastically.

“Well...” Holly trailed off, mumbling something under her breath.

“Well what? You don’t expect me to stay in this big bad bus all alone now do you?” I asked mockingly.

“Pete.” Patrick stated.

“Wait-what has he got to do with anything?” I asked confusedly, sitting up now.

He looked at me guiltily, causing my eyes to widen.

“You have got to be kidding me!” I exclaimed.

“Sorry Eve, he was the only one not doing anything.” He defended.

“How the hell does the self proclaimed front man of one of the biggest bands in the world, not have anything to do?” I asked floored.

“Sorry hun, I wish I could help but I can’t.” Holly said, looking at the ground shamefully.

“Why though?” I asked in a softer voice, causing her to look back up at me.

“I uhh, have a shoot.”

“A ‘shoot?’ What’s that?” I asked, scrunching my nose in slight confusion.

“Umm, a modelling shoot. Y’know, cameras, make up, and fashion with Audrey!” she exclaimed excitedly at the prospect.

“Oh, Audrey.” I said, lying back down and closing my eyes, rejection stinging.

“Oh Evie, I’m sor-”

“No whatever, it’s cool. Go and... shoot stuff with your cameras... I dunno. Go do your thing, I’ll be fine.” I said, keeping my eyes closed and waving her off.

“But-”

“It’s fine!” I said, my voice raised to end the conversation.

“Ok... well, me and Patrick are going. Pete’s in the back. Uhh, have fun?” she said unsurely, grabbing her bright pink handbag-which looked expensive and brand new- before grabbing Patrick’s sleeve and dragging him off of the bus, closing the door behind them.

I closed my eyes once again and sighed. Left on the bus, with an enemy whilst my brother (s- if you count Patrick), boyfriend and best friend go and live it up and leave me with a stitched up freakazoid foot. Ok, now I’m being selfish. They all have jobs... but Holly? That kinda stung the most.

“What’s got you down?” a voice asked from above, causing me to open my eyes in fright, only to see a smirking Peter Wentz looking back down at me.

“Arrgh, go away Peter.” I said as I rolled my eyes and sat up, ready to walk away.

“I wouldn’t walk if I were you. You’ll open up your stitches and have to get them redone. Plus you’ll be drugged up again,” he chuckled, “damn, you kissing Holly was pretty hot I must say.” He basically moaned!

“Excuse me?” I asked confused.

“You were as high as a kite, kinda worrying but entertaining all the same. You started dancing and singing ‘I kissed a girl’ and planted one smack bang on her lips. Fuck!” he exclaimed, reminiscing.

“Right... you’re a creeper.” I stated, getting up but being pushed back down on the couch (though it was lightly, I feel the need to add).

“Don’t walk I said.” Pete told me sternly.

“Jeez.” I muttered, looking around for something to entertain myself apart from Peter’s oh-so-delightful face.

“There’s not a lot to do... I can put on a movie for you if you want.” Pete offered kindly.

I was surprised, I think he could tell too, because he smiled genuinely before getting up and walking towards a small cupboard.

“We have...” and he began to list many different movies before stopping on one, “Peter Pan?” he lastly offered.

“I haven’t seen it.” I replied honestly, causing his eyes to go wide in shock.

“I’m putting it on then.” He said before hurriedly putting the DVD in and sitting back at the kitchenette table, leaving me alone on the couch (phew!).

-x-x-

After watching many movies (and actually getting along & laughing) my foot began to hurt. I inhaled sharply as a wave of pain coursed through my foot, alerting Peter that something was wrong.

“What? Are you ok?!” he asked worriedly.

“My foot hurts, did the doc leave any meds?” I asked hopefully, tears coming to my eyes from the pain.

“Uhh yeah, let me-let me go grab them.” He said, running off the back and returning with 2 different pills which I quickly downed with a glass of water he gave me.

“Thanks.” I said hoarsely.

He smiled, “No problem. They’ll probably make you sleepy so we should get you to bed.” He said, moving me forward slightly before picking me up bridal style and carrying me into the back.

Wow! Do those pills move fast! I was already feeling sleepy!

I yawned loudly, causing Pete to look at me and smile before placing me in my bunk and covering me with the sheet.

“You ok?” he asked sincerely, to which I nodded in reply.

He then-very strangely, kissed my forehead and rested his against mine, “I love you.” He whispered before smiling.

I didn’t know what was going on in my head due to me being so tired, I could barely keep my eyes open. So I smiled at him sleepily before closing my eyes and drifting off.

-x-x-

A few days passed and the guys were organising to go out that night- to a club or restaurant or something else of that nature. I was in my bunk with the curtain closed and could hear people talking about how fun it was gonna be and how they were excited. It kinda irritated me because they had completely forgotten I was even there! I was seriously considering going back home or maybe even staying with Nate for a while in Chicago city.

“Evie?” somebody asked, taking me from my thoughts as the curtain opened.

“Yes?” I replied, looking out to see Pete.

“Do you wanna come tonight? You’ve been locked up for the past few days and I think it’s about time you got let out.” He smiled.

I smiled back, happy that I hadn’t been forgotten-even if it was by my enemy... at least I think he’s my enemy. Each day I’ve been on the bus, he has been too, and we’ve laughed and had a lot of fun. It’s really weird but I liked it.

“Yeah, that’d be great!” I smiled, throwing my covers off of myself to get ready.

“I’ve picked out an outfit for you, though if you don’t like it, I totally understand, I mean you wear what you wanna wear right?” he rambled, colour painting his cheeks slightly as he did so.

“That’s really sweet Peter. Thank you.” I said sincerely, taking the clothes he had in his hands.

“The back room is free.” He told me with a smile.

I smiled back again before hobbling into the backroom to get dressed. Peter had chosen a mod-thigh length strapless silver gown which came out at the hips and slightly puffed along with a pair of slip on silver sneakers (and he even put some padding in the shoe for my bad foot!) and a simple necklace.

I changed into the items, still being careful of my foot before walking out and bumping into Ryan. He looked my outfit up and down with a raised eyebrow.

“I don’t think you should come out with your foot the way it is.” He told me.

I groaned, “Oh come on! I’ve been cooped up in this bus for what feels like forever! Can’t you just let me go out for one night?!” I asked frustratedly.

“Evie, your foot-”

“To hell with my foot Ryan! I’m not invisible, I am actually here so when you all talk about how much fun you’re gonna have and I’m sitting here thinking, ‘Oh, am I invited?’ but I don’t know because nobody except Peter has been talking to me for these past days,” I told him, “It hurts. I am here and I do have needs, wants and most importantly, feelings. I’m not something that can be pushed aside because I’m not 100%!” I argued.

Ryan sighed, “Fine. But I doubt Brendon, Patrick or Holly are going to be very happy with this.” He said before walking to the front of the bus and out to the others.

“Don’t worry about them. We’re gonna have some fun.” Pete smirked, causing me to nod in agreement.

Oh if only I knew how much fun I’d be having.

-x-x-

We all arrived at the club, much to nearly everybody’s dislike of my foot’s condition and headed inside. It was odd because Pete seemed to be the only one to talk to me and keep me company.

‘Oh well,’ I thought to myself, ‘let’s have some fun.’

I carefully walked over to the booth and sat down, listening to the music that the DJ was supplying. Everybody got up to dance, except me, and left me at the booth to look after the drinks.

‘Great, still not doing what I want.’ I thought as I rolled my eyes.

Not too long later, Brendon, Holly and the bright pink haired girl who I’m assuming to be Audrey came back up to the booth, laughing and joking around.

“Well I’m glad you’re having fun.” I said angrily with my arms crossed.

Holly seemed to immediately go into bitchy mode, “Well we told you that you shouldn’t come. It’s not like you can dance anyway.”

My eyes widened in shock, “Excuse me?” I said, flabbergasted at how ruse she was being.

“Look Eve, we knew you wouldn’t be able to do much, so we thought-” Brendon started, but I cut him off.

“Exactly! YOU thought! You didn’t once ask me what I wanted to do. No! Holly here instead decides to throw me away because I’m damaged and get a new best friend, and my then blow me off for the past few days whereas you, my boyfriend does basically the same thing. Along with everyone else! I haven’t seen either of you one in the 4 or so days. Heard you, yes, but have you even bothered to come say, ‘Oh hi best friend,’ or ‘hi girlfriend.’ Nothing. No Ryan or Patrick either. So, until you actually want me in your lives, I’ll be on the bus packing.” I said, grabbing my cardigan and limping out of the club.

Do you know what hurt even more than all of that? The fact that they didn’t even run after me.

Hey!” somebody called from behind me as I walked to find a cab to take me back to busses.

I turned around and stared at their silhouette, before my eyes widened in fear. It was the same guy who chased Brendon and I near the hotel. My mind instantly went into runaway mode, but I failed and fell due to my injured foot. I quickly got up however and ran –well, hobbled down an alleyway which I thought led to the back of the club but only ended up as a dead end.

My heart was beating erratically, my chest heaved and my breaths were coming out short and fast.

“Well well, the cat has finally caught the mouse,” They said victoriously before pulling out a gun and pointing it straight at me, “on your knees. Now.” They demanded.

I immediately did so and put my hands up in surrender. They quickly tied my hands together before yanking me upwards and dragging me to a van.

I immediately knew I was being taken- yeah maybe a little late but I got there alright!

Help me!” I screamed loud enough so the who city could hear me, “Help me please!” I hope somebody can hear me!

I was quickly thrown into the van, hitting the metal side before the man came in also, closing the door behind him and holding a piece of cloth over my face.

“I’ve finally got you! All to myself.” A familiar voice said as I began to lose consciences.

“Sleep darling, we’re gonna have some fun.”
Sign up to rate and review this story