Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Last Days

Last Days

by SoFakeSoReal 3 reviews

While playing a show the band is attacked, will they be able to fix their broken family?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-04-26 - Updated: 2009-04-26 - 864 words

0Unrated
“ Frank, you doing okay?” Gerard asked, taking his mouth away from the mic while I was playing the backup to Ray’s solo, I leaned into him and lay my head on his shoulder, “ Yeah, its really hot in here though” I laughed.

This was the club we played in every Friday night, and Mikey and I were the only kids that could get away with being in the club on the count of us being in the band. I was not even sixteen yet and Mikey was only seventeen. Ray, Gerard, and Matt were able to get away with in because they were over eighteen of course, all of them twenty.

He laughed and went back to singing. I looked out over the crowd, the usual group of people that came to our shows, except for one, who looked like he didn’t belong anywhere. I made my way over to the other side of the stage where Ray was and threw my head in the direction of the guy in the crowd, he looked out and his eyes grew wide, seeing what he was holding, a gun. Ray and I seemed to be the only ones that noticed him and we couldn’t get Gerard’s attention while he was talking to the crowd, oh yeah, the song had ended. I put my guitar down and set it next to the amp, “ GERARD!” I yelled over his voice and the voices of everyone in the crowd as the boy came closer, and then the shots rang out.

I think I felt the pain before the bullets reached me, the pain rippling through my body as I fell to the ground. Three more shots flew through the air and Ray fell to the ground and Matt slumped against his drum set. My head hit the ground hard and I cried out for someone, anyone, they had to know I was lying on the ground, right? Gerard was right next to me after a few seconds.

“ Hey, Frankie, don’t worry about anything, Jepha’s calling 911, you’re gonna be fine” He whimpered. I looked up at him and smiled a little, “ Where is everyone else?” I asked, I think I slurred my words, but I couldn’t tell. “ Mikey’s with Ray, and Matt, well… Don’t worry” He said, smiling sadly, Jepha came flying beside us and pushed my hair slightly out of my face, Jepha was always my favorite of Gerard’s friends. “ 911 is going to be here in about five minutes, I have to go outside and wait for them, they said just to keep him awake and talking,” He said rushed, “ You’ll be fine, Frank, okay?” He said. I nodded back almost fell asleep until Gerard nudged me, “ So, your birthday is in seven days, its Friday isn’t it? What do you want? It’s your sixteenth birthday,” He giggled a little bit and I smiled, “ I need some stickers, those smiley face ones… And…” The pain suddenly hit me and so did my weakness, my head was pounding and it was harder and harder to breath, “ Where did he hit me?” I asked, “ He hit the side of your head and your chest and your stomach” He sighed, still trying to get me back on the birthday subject with his eyes, “ Is that why I can’t feel my legs?” I asked, “ What do you mean?” “ I can’t feel my legs… and my back kind of hurts too” I said, he looked up, I would assume to Mikey and looked back down at me and smiled, “ What else do you want for your birthday? Come on, I gotta shop” He grinned.

We continued talking until lots more voices appeared, and people came into my blurring vision. Gerard was pushed out of the way and there were things being yelled back and forth. “ Gerard…” I called out weakly. “ Don’t worry sweetie, he just had to move so we could help you” A blond haired lady said, leaning over me, shinning a light in my eyes causing me to move my head to the side only to find that hurt more than it did just to lay down like this. I heard Gerard’s panicked voice saying about how I couldn’t feel my legs and that my breathing was weird, I didn’t notice I was having trouble until he said that, and then I couldn’t focus on anything. “He’s lucky enough to be alive after his injuries” Another voice said, slipping a mask on over my face, cool air rushing into my lungs but I was still having a little trouble. What? I could die? I tried to move to see Gerard; I couldn’t even hear him now. “ Frank, we’re going to move you so we can get you to the hospital, okay?” The lady said as I felt someone’s hands on my shoulder, “ I don’t… I don’t like hospitals!” I tried to get out as pain shot through my body, they were moving me onto my side and someone was about to get attacked by angry-Frank.
Sign up to rate and review this story