Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lasting Impressions

Pinky Promises

by killxsmile 3 reviews

You're gonna like this.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-05-06 - Updated: 2009-05-07 - 1284 words - Complete

1Insightful
Author's Note: Ridiculously fast feedback = CRAZY FAST UPDATES

tryingtohard_x: w00t! New reader! I'm glad you're liking the story so far!

doyleangel: I have a feeling that you'll like this chapter.

somethingorother: I don't want to give too much away, but drama will se in sooner or later. That's just the way I roll.

Tissamy: lol. 'Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too' is still my ringtone at the moment. Paul should worry you, but in a good way. Maybe. And don't worry. Jackcatchingthemness will be arriving SOON. And just so you know, I don't find you in any way weird or stalkerish. You're easily my faaavorite reviewer ;)

STORYYY!

Pinky promises.

“Barakat, wait up,” I heard someone call out as I walked down the hotel’s hallway.

Turning around, I saw Paul jogging toward me.

“Hey, Poolie. What’s shakin’?” I asked, stopping so he could catch up.
“Nothing much. Just looking for something to do. The guys are being complete lazy asses and don’t even want to get out of bed. You?”
“Same. The guys are still hungover from last night’s festivities.”
“That bad, huh?”
“There’s a broken pinata, an empty mini-bar, and various bottles of liquor all over the room. And I don’t know how it happened, but I woke up on the coffee table, using a bag of tortilla chips as a pillow.”
“Damn, I’m surprised that you don’t have a hangover.”
“Same here. I guess I’ve built up a tolerance,” I said, shrugging. “So where are you off to?”
“I was about to ask you that same question.” A slight chuckle escaped from my lips as he continued following me.
“Well there’s an Ihop down the street. Care to join me for breakfast?”
“I thought you’d never ask.”

I linked my arm with his and we made our way to the International House of Pancakes.

After fifteen minutes or so, we arrived at our destination. A middle-aged woman quickly directed to a booth in the corner of the restaurant and gave us menus. Paul took a seat and I slid in next to him. While I flipped through the laminated booklet, Paul sat back and stretched.

“Should I get the Belgian waffles or the French toast?” I asked.
“I’m getting the French toast, so if you get waffles, we can just split both.”
“I like the way you think,” I said, closing the laminated booklet.

A waitress came by a few minutes later and took our orders. As we waited, I took a package of creamer and downed it.

“Did you just do a shot of half-and-half?” he asked, puzzled.
“So what if I did?” I said, peeling the top off another one.
“You’re so weird.”
“Why, thank you.”

While I finished my second one, Paul watched me with curious eyes.

“You know you wanna try it,” I said.
“How do I know how long those creamers have been sitting there?”
“The mystery is part of the allure.”

He hesitantly took one of the tiny cups and held it in his hand.

“I don’t know…”
“Stop being such a chicken. It’s just milk.”
“Fine.”

He peeled the plastic off and downed the creamer.

“See, it wasn’t that hard.”

Paul just laughed and took another.

“Before you drink that, I’d like to propose a toast,” I said. We both peeled the cups open and held them up.

“To breakfasts without hangovers.”
“Cheers.”

Just as we tapped the cups together, a waitress stopped by with our food. I’m not gonna lie. We pretty much inhaled the food once it was set down.

“Shit,” I said after letting out a loud burp. “I’m so fucking full.”
“Me too. I feel like the toast is expanding in my stomach.”
“That sounds gross.”
“It feels gross.”

I poked at the side of his stomach and he quickly swatted my hand away.

“You’re right. It does feel gross,” I commented.
“Hey, I’m quite proud of my slim physique.”
“Psh. Okay,” I chuckled.
“Are you calling me fat?” he asked, mock offended.
“Of course not. You’re one of the skinniest boys I know.”
“Damn straight.”

We asked for the bill, split it, then tried to walk off the massive amount of food that we’d just eaten. Luckily, by the time we reached the hotel, our bloatedness (for lack of a better word) went from “if I eat anything else I’ll puke” to “I should probably skip lunch.”

“Thanks for today, Chloe,” he said, as we approached my door.
“I should be thanking you. Who knows what would have happened to me if I walked the mean streets of Cleveland alone?” I joked.

He chuckled and smiled down at me. And before I knew it, he was leaning down for a kiss.

“I’m sorry,” I said, turning away. He looked down at me with sadness in his eyes.
“I should be the one apologizing,” he quietly said.
“No, it’s my fault. I didn’t mean to lead you on,” I said. “Paul, I have a boyfriend…”
“It’s alright…”
“God, I feel like such a douche,” I said, looking down.
“Don’t, Chloe. I should have known better than to trust your brother’s word.”
“Well, he doesn’t exactly know that I’m dating Alex…”
“Gaskarth?” He sighed. “I guess that explains the dirty looks he’s always giving me backstage,” he said with a half-hearted smile.

Neither of us knew what to say, so we stood there in an extremely awkward silence.

I can’t believe Alex was right…

“Listen, I know this might be a stupid question, but do you think we can still be friends?” he tentatively asked.
“Yeah,” I nodded.

He wrapped me in a half-hug, then quietly headed back to his room.

Confused and extremely guilty, I slipped inside the room I was sharing with Alex and Zack.

“How was breakfast?” Alex sleepily asked as I closed the door.
“Umm, it was interesting…” I said, slipping in next to him.
“How so?” He brushed my bangs to the side, then wrapped an arm around my waist.
“Promise you won’t be mad?”
“Cross my heart and hope to die.”

I took a deep breath and hoped that he’s stick to his word.

“Paul tried to kiss me.”
What?
“You were right. I was wrong. I know. I’m sorry.”

He let out a frustrated sigh, then looked up at me.

“So he only tried? He didn’t actually kiss you?”
“No. I turned away before anything happened.”

Alex furrowed his eyebrows and skewed his mouth to one side while I tried to interpret his reaction.

“Does he know that we’re together?”
“Yeah. I told him right after,” I said, nodding.

His face immediately softened.

“Good,” he said, pulling me closer to his chest. “Because I’m the only one who gets to kiss you.”

With that, he softly pressed his lips against mine, then buried his face in my neck.

“So you’re not angry?” I cautiously asked.
“Nope,” he said, lips tickling my skin. “Just promise that you won’t leave me for him.”
“Okay. I promise.”
“Pinky swear?” he asked, extending his little finger toward me.
“Pinky swear,” I replied, lacing my pinky with his.

+++++
If you've read 'Here Is Your Verse,' you know I'm a sucker for pinky swears ;)

As you can see, this was a super fast update due to fast feedback. If you want the next chapter, all you have to do is ask via REVIEWS, and I'll post ASAP.

I love you guys like Heidi & Spencer Pratt love attention.
Sign up to rate and review this story