Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Vampire

Bye

by sickly_ill 2 reviews

Phoenix needs to change her identity every 100 years. She's lonley and needs a best friend her kind. But that's not what she finds in New York.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2009-05-09 - Updated: 2009-05-14 - 3069 words - Complete

0TrainWreck
I had just moved to New York, New York for my new promotion and my boyfriend. He has work over here too. He works for The New York Times magazine. He moved here before me. I work for the AP (Alternative Press) magazine. As a photographer, I take interviews with bands and get to hang with them, write some articles here and there. I only interviewed a few bands. I moved for the local bands.
Anyway, here I am with a map, my cell phone and no clue where I was going. I couldn't find the new location for the AP press building. I was lost in a sea of people and had no idea where I was. I looked down at the map in my hands and then back at the street signs. My boyfriend was at work and I knew no one in this city. I was totally lost. So I looked around and saw a desent looking guy. He had a long jacket and sunglasses. A nice structure and visage. He looked okay. So I went up to him. "Excuse me." I waved at him. He turned to face me. "Hi, do you know where the new AP press building is?" I asked showing him the map and the address on my phone that the staff had texted me.
"Oh, yeah. Go down 7th and turn right at the second light onto 5th avenue. It's just about two blocks from the apartment building there on 5th." He made gestures with his hands pointing down the streets and stuff.
"Okay, thank you." I was about to walk away when he stopped me.
"Hey! You shouldn't wander alone in New York. Escpeciallly that pretty." He smiled as I turned back to face him. I shrugged. "I'll go with you. Just so you don't get lost again. Or stalked by some perv." He stood by my side.
"Well, that's very nice of you, but you don't have to. You probably have something better to do than tour me around." I smiled and walked a few steps toward 7th.
"I insist." He wrapped him limp arm around my shoulders.
"Sure. Okay." I nodded.
We walked and he showed me through the streets. "So, why did you come to scummy New York?" He asked shoving his hands in his pockets.
"I got promoted in the AP industry and got moved here." I smiled the map and phone still in my hands.
"Ahhh. Okay. So, you work with AP. Great magazine. What do you do?" He asked another question.
"I photograph the bands, I interview and write a few articles 'nd catch-ups here and there. It's fun. I love taking pictures." I smiled.
"Cool." He nodded pushing his shades more up the bridge of his nose.
"What are you doing in New York?" I asked this time.
"I live here. Moved from Jersey to New York for some business." He looked up at the skyscrapers towering above our heads.
"What do you do?" I asked.
"Just stuff." He pondered on the question a bit for answering. And seemed a little hesitant to answer.
"Okay." I smiled. "Mysterious guy over here." I glanced at him. He just smiled and nodded looking down at the sidewalk. I nudged him. He just giggled.
"If I told you...I would have to kill you first." He smiled.
"Okay. I won't ask again. I would like to live and keep my job." I raised my hands in the air for surrender.
"Well, here's your stop." He stopped and looked up at the building.
"Thanks for walking me." I moved up the steps and turned back when he said.
"Would you like to hang sometime? Just me and my gang?"
"So, you're in a gang?" I asked. Maybe he kills for a living. Could be where he gets his money for those fancy clothes.
"No. I just call my friends my gang." He smiled.
"Okay. Here's my number." I jogged back down the steps and asked, "Phone please?" I held my palm open and he dug in his pocket for his nice sleek BlackBerry, and placed it in my hand. I took it and entered my number and took a picture just so he knows who's calling incase he forgets. "Okay. Text me, call me, whatever. I'll reply."
"Okay. I will." He nodded and left. I sighed and entered the building.

Later that day

I walked back to my place and opened the door. I closed it behind me and sighed. Long day at work. I walked into my living room and dropped myself on the couch. I was exhausted from running around the whole building trying to find people. Boring!
I closed my eyes and steadied my breathing. Just as I was about to slip into complete dark bliss my phone rang. I looked at the ID but didn't recognize it. "Hello?" I groaned.
"Hey, this is that stranger who walked you to the new AP Building. Want to hang?" It was that guy. I didn't even know his name.
"Sure. Where?" I was fully awake this time.
"Maybe I can go to your place? I'm at Starbucks and bored of boredom, so maybe I can come over. Where do you live?" He asked. I gave my address pausing trying to remember if it was correct.
"Okay. I'm-a-comin'. Be there in twenty tops. See ya." He hung up.
"Okay." I slipped into sleep.

8:00 p.m.


Knock Knock Knock

I heard the door. I imediatly woke up and headed to the door. I looked through the peep hole and saw that guy. What was he...? Oh yeah! He was coming over to 'hang'. Shit!
I opened the door and saw him with this other guy. He had black short hair in a short of a fringe slash mohawk thing. He had hazel eyes and nice tattoos all over his arms. "Hey dude! Can we come in?" He asked.
"Yeah. Sure. I'm kinda out-of-it. I just woke up." I stepped aside and shook my head.
"I can tell." The guy with the tattoos said. I just took a blow to the face. That hurt. I'm pretty sure I didn't look that bad. I'm pretty sure.
Once they entered I slammed the door pissed at the tattoo person. Such an asshole. "Nice place you got here." The guy that walked me to AP complimented.
"Thanks." I smiled. "Dude, I didn't even know your name." I walked over to his side and placed my hands on my hips.
"Michael. Michael James Way." He outstretched his hand.
"Phoenix. Phoenix Harley Victor." I shook his hand. Firm and rough. Big too.
"And this is Frank. Franklin Anthony Iero." Michael let go and pushed Frank in front of him. He also outstretched is hand and I shook it. Their names rang a bell but I couldn't place the names anywhere. I'm sure I've heard those names once in my life.
"Hey." We took our hands back and just stood there for a few moments in awkward silence. "Well, this is a good way to hang." Frank giggled. Like a girl, which made me giggle. "Okay, I know your laughing at me and my girly giggle, but don't underestimate me. I can kick your skinny ass anyday everyday." He shook his finger at me.
"Oh really, Frank?!" I raised an eyebrow.
"Fuck yeah!" He placed his hands on his hips in a really gay kinda way. I just started laughing again. I couldn't help it. Next thing I knew he pounced on me and I was taken by surprise. He pinned me down to the floor. "Told ya!"
"Frank! Get off her!" Michael was making his way towards us.
"No, it's okay. Let's get this bitch started." I flipped Frank over now with him under me.
"Unfair! I wasn't ready!" He whined.
"Neither was I." I shrugged. We just ended up going back and forth wrestling with Michael watching. He pulled up a chair and made some popcorn. Once we were done wrestling Michael told us it was a tie. Too close to call which was the best wrestler. "Whatever. I know I was the best." I panted.
"NO! I was! I totally was!!" Frank punched my arm.
"OWW!!! Dude, take it easy!" I smacked him back.
"Fine. Let's go out to Starbucks. I need coffee." Frank headed to the door and headed out. I shrugged and got my keys from the key hold next to my door and my coat. Followed by Michael. It was a bit dark out at this time of night. But I could see perfectly.
We reached the Starbucks just around the corner and entered. It was just about to close when the employee saw Frank, then her eyes wetn wide and she opened the door and we placed our order. "What did you get?" Frank asked me as I sat down at the table once I got my drink.
"Strawberry n' cream frappochino. With whiped cream on top." I sucked in my straw, sucked up and felt the cold warm sensation on my mouth, go down my throat and into my tummy.
"Gross." I heard Michael groan.
"What?" I asked shocked. How could anyone not like the strawberry n' cream frappochino.
"My coffee is cold." He put it down and made a bitter face. He had finally taken off his shades and I could see his face. He was pretty.
"I can make you another one. More hotter." The employee said as she came up to us with a dreamy face on her as she gazed at Michael.
"Sure. Thanks." He handed her his coffee and she took it biting her lip when she touched his hand. She was too young for him though. She seemed 17 or so and he is around 25. Too many years between them. It was illegal.
"Anytime." She giggled. He just rolled his eyes and looked at Frank. Frank just giggled. I didn't know what was so funny. I just sighed and looked down at my coffee.
"Inside joke." Frank smiled.
"I don't want to know dude." I snorted. Just then the girl came back and handed Michael his coffee.
"Thanks." He nodded and took the coffee.
"You're very welcome." She giggled again and left going behind the counter and staring at Michael and Frank in a gaze so soft, but hard and firm. I just sighed again until my phone rang. I looked at it. It was my boyfriend.
"Hey." I smiled acting happy.
"Hey babe. Wanna come over? Nice party I'm havin'." He laughed. I could hear the music and people in the background. It was really loud.
"Um, sure. I'll be there in half-an-hour." I sighed.
"Okay babe! Bye." He hung up. I closed my phone and put it on the table.
"Who was that?" Michael asked glancing at me before taking a big gulp of his, now warm, coffee.
"My boyfriend, Jim. He wants me to go to some party." I rubbed my eye with my fist.
"Can we come?" Frank asked almost eager to go.
"Sure. I guess. If you want." I shrugged.
"No Frank. We can't. We have work tomorrow." Michael killed Frank's happiness.
"Dammit!" Frank smacked the table.
"Okay. Well, let's finish up. I have to go." I finished my drink and paid. Headed out and started walking. Frank and Michael came a bit after. I wonder why. It doesn't take ten minutes to pay for a cup of coffee.
"Want us to walk ya to your guy's party?" Michael asked me.
"Yeah. It's dark and cold. I don't to be mugged or kidnapped, or even killed." I smiled.
"Right." Frank patted me on the back.
We arrived at my boyfriend's party and I said my goodbyes the Frank and Michael. They left and I made my way up to my boyfriends pent house. I entered with the key he gave me to be surprised by what I see.
Some lady in a pink thong and on top of him fucking him. What the hell!? "What the fuck is going on here?!" I yelled.
"Come join the party babe!" My boyfriend held out his hands as he was getting blowed on his bed.
"Fuck no! We're over! I hate you!" I threw the key at him and slammed the door. I jogged down the steps hearing a door slam and footsteps rush behind me; following me.
"Phoenix wait!" I heard Jim shout. But I didn't stop. He grabbed my arm and pulled me roughly close to him. I'm surprised he had a robe on. "Stay." He breathed.
"NO!" I shook my arm off and started again down the stairs.
"Look, I'm sorry. I love to party. I thought you would be okay with it." He followed me.
"What girlfriend would be okay with their boyfriend getting sex by some skank!?" I turned around and shoved him to the wall.
"I'm sorry. I-I wasn't think..thinking.." He stutterd.
"That's for fucking sure!" I was pissed right now. I walked down the rest of the steps and shoved open the door. It was pouring down rain.
"Fine then! Leave, I hate you!" He yelled and jogged back upstairs.
I was free now. A very heavy weight of a part of my world was lifted off my shoulders and I could breath again. Ever since he moved to New York he wouldn't stop partying. I knew this was coming, but didn't know when. But now I'm free I can look for something better. Someone better.
I was walking in the rain. All the drops that landed on my clothes soaked through and wet my skin. I couldn't smell anything but the wet pavement, I couldn't hear anything but my heart beat, I couldn't see anything but the sidewalk I strolled on, and I couldn't think of anything I can do now that I've got no boyfriend. I felt empty as a tear strayed down my cheek. I kept my head down as I walked. Just as I was passing a pitch black alleyway a sound broke through my train of thought. I looked up and saw nothing. I could hear breathing, heavy breathing. I scanned the alleyway over and over but couldn't see anything. My senses were failing a bit and I couldn't use my night vision. Maybe it was some hobo that was living behind the dumpster. I shook my head and was about to walk away when something grabbed my arm. I snapped back and used all my muscles to force the thing back off of me. The thing flew and hit the dumpster. It groaned. "What the fuck, Phoenix?" I heard a hoarse voice.
"Who the fuck are you?" I asked.
"It's me Michael." He got up and held his side.
"Shit." I mumbled. I rushed over to him and saw his face clearly. My eyes ajusted and his face showed much pain. "I'm sorry, Michael. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to." I apologized waiting for him to respond.
"It's okay." He hunched over and spewed on the ground beside me.
"Holy shit. Michael, are you okay?" I asked.
"I'm fine." He coughed.
"Come one. Let's get to my apartment." I led the way as he followed beside me.
We arrived at my apartment and I turned on all the lights and turned on the heater. "Lay down." I told Michael. He did as I demanded.
"We're all soaked." He giggled.
"Yeah." I filled. "Let me look at your side." I demanded. He lifted his sticky shirt and I saw a big bruise on his hip. "I'm sorry." I apologized again.
"It's okay." He groaned as I ran my fingers over it.
"How much does it hurt?" I asked.
"This much." He held his arms out and stretched far. I just smiled. He laughed but winced in pain.
"Do you want anything?" I asked. He just shook his head. "Why were you in the alley?" I asked.
"Good question." He smiled. "I wanted to make sure you were okay?" I looked at him confused. "I don't know why...but I felt something was off. I kinda overheard your conversation with your 'boyfriend' and he sounded like a tool. I heard the background music and a women in the backgorund. You need to listen for that stuff. Especially when you don't recongnize the voice." He smiled like he knew everything.
"Well, he's not my boyfriend anymore and I didn't really hear anything in the background because he talks too loud." I felt a knot swelling in my throat. Now, I was truly alone in this world.
"I told you." He smiled. I just glanced at him and I felt a tear roll down my cheek. He just sighed and sat up. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that." I glared at him then looked away. "Did you love him?" He asked hesitantly. I nodded. "I'm sorry." I just nodded again. I couldn't talk. "I should go." He got up. But I liked his company. Even when I couldn't read his thoughts he was a good silence.
"No!" I got up after him. He looked back. "I need someone here. I can't be alone." I looked down at my hands.
"Don't you have any friends?" He asked a bit harshly. I thought he was kind of getting annoyed with my face.
"No." I said quietly. Still looking down at my hands.
"I'll have to ask my wife if I can stay a while. Just till you get to sleep." He took out his phone and pushed a few buttons then put it to his ear. I could hear everything. My senses were kicking in and I was getting a bit...nosy.
After he said goodbye I already knew the answer. "I can't. I have to be home. I have work tomorrow. Maybe Bob can come." He tried.
"No. I don't know him and I'll be okay." I faked a smile.
"I can come tomorrow, if you want?" He asked.
"Okay." I faked another smile and followed him to the door.
"Bye." He smiled.
"Bye." I waved and shut the door and locked it. I waited till I couldn't here his footsteps anymore. Which ended half a mile until he entered a cab. I needed a drink.


A/N: I know this chapter doesn't make any sense what so ever, but it will. Rate and Review if you can. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story