Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'm Nobody

Her Against the World

by jajajajaime16 11 reviews

We have a confession...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-05-16 - Updated: 2009-05-16 - 1059 words - Complete

5Moving

A/N: Nobody uses spell check on AIM, but for my sake and yours, Dani and Gee will be. xD


JerseyKid666: You were jealous of her! Admit it!

Dani groaned and clicked on the Instant Message Gerard had just sent her. That's what you get for logging on, idiot.

xdaniellaxaintxmyxnamex: By 'her,' d'you mean the random slut you only knew for a few hours and yet you followed her home?

JerseyKid666: Um, yes.

xdaniellaxaintxmyxnamex: Nope.

JerseyKid666: Mhmm...sure. But you were right, she is a slut.

JerseyKid666: She invaded my personal bubble and complimented my worn out jacket.

"Ha," Dani muttered to herself.

xdaniellaxaintxmyxnamex: Hmm...sounds like her. But what's wrong with your jacket?

Dani hit the enter key without thinking. "Shit! That makes me look like some over-eager..."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Back at his house, Gerard smiled to himself. I might actually be getting somewhere with her.

JerseyKid666: I don't know...my jacket's just old, I guess.

He waited for her reply patiently.

xdaniellaxaintxmyxname: I think it looks fine.

It would be safe to say that is Gerard was a twelve-year-old girl, he would've been squealing and hyperventilating. No, Gee. Focus on what you got on here to say.

JerseyKid666: Why can't you just let it out and tell me what's up with you? :/

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Dani sat, frozen, and stared blankly at the screen of her laptop. "I can't tell him. Especially not online," she said to herself. It took her a good minute and a half to type up a response.

xdaniellaxaintxmyxnamex: Can't.

JerseyKid666: Can't tell me?

xdaniellaxaintxmyxnamex: ...

Dani hung her head in her hands. She wanted to let someone else besides Frank know. She wanted somebody else to be able to...protect her, as crazy as that sounded to her own ears. She'd always sworn that no matter what, she'd keep her dignity and telling Gee something like this was definitely not part of that plan.

JerseyKid666: It's okay. It's okay if you don't want to tell me right now, on AIM. I can wait.

How did he know? Dani wondered.

xdaniellaxaintxmyxnamex: How did you do that?

JerseyKid666: Do what?

xdaniellaxaintxmyxnamex: Just...know stuff like that...that I didn't want to do anything like that online.

JerseyKid666: I've always been able to figure out little things like that.

JerseyKid666: But does that mean you'll tell me tomorrow?

xdaniellaxaintxmyxnamex: I don't know...maybe.

JerseyKid666: I like maybe :)

Dani took a deep breath and smiled softly. He's so cute...whoa, I did not just think that! She heard Issac's car pull into the driveway.

xdaniellaxaintxmyxnamex: Okay, well, I g2g.

JerseyKid666: Bye, then.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

On Wednesday, the next day, Gerard walked straight up to Dani upon arriving at the high school, without pausing or hesitating. "It's tomorrow."

She turned around slowly, like it pained her to do it in more ways than one.

"Um...hi, Gee," she said, her voice shaking.

"What the fuck?!?" Gerard yelled.

Dani had a huge cut on her collarbone that was just visible above her t-shirt and her cheek had another scary-looking bruise.

"We. Need. To. Talk. Now," Gerard said through his gritted teeth.

Dani's face crumpled. This was it, she had to surrender and accept Gerard's invitation or give up and go back to how things used to be, her against the world.

"Okay."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

First Frank, now him, Dani thought as she sat down on the ground outside the school with Gerard.

"I don't think I can take your shit anymore, so I need to know. Whatever Frank knows, I need to know," Gerard said angrily.

"I...I don't even know how to start."

"Try."

"Can't you figure it out already, dumbass?!?" Dani replied.

"I've tried. Believe me, I have my clues. But I want to hear it from you."

Dani stayed silent.

"Don't you ever get tired of keeping up this facade for the rest of the world? Don't you ever want to take a break from it, even if it's just for a little while?" he asked, looking into her clouded brown eyes.

She nodded without meaning to.

"You can do that with me. I know you've got Frank, but I'll be your shoulder to cry on. I'll be your best friend, or maybe even more if you'll let me," he continued.

Dani's eyes widened and she held her breath, a nervous habit. If he's implying what I think he is...

Gerard gently grabbed her by the shoulders and turned Dani towards him. "But you have to open up; you have to trust me."

Dani felt the tears in her eyes, but she wouldn't let them go, not yet, anyway. "He hits me!" She found herself yelling and sobbing uncontrollably, and none of the words she heard coming out of her mouth were what she wanted to say. "My sick excuse of a father fucking beats the shit out of me before he decides to make me his fucking whore!"

Gerard accidentally tightened his grip on her shoulders, but she didn't mind. She was too far gone to care.

"Are you glad to know, now? My life is a fucking mess and I take it out on everyone who tries to help!" Dani's face was turning red, her eyes crazed and the tears spilling out only made it worse.

Gerard swallowed the lump in his throat and without a second thought, he pulled her into a bone-crushing hug, his arms completely around her. He held her against his body, so close to crying with her.

Instead, he settled for resting his cheek on her head and whispering in her ear, "Go ahead. Let it all out."

Dani cried and cried, keeping her arms tucked between them. Gerard was warm and comforting, like a perfect blanket.

Eventually, she stopped just long enough to look up at him. Something passed between the two of them, and it was something that made her stay put and let him hug her again, rubbing calm circles on her shoulder blades.


AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm crying over here...someone hand me a tissue...I know plenty of people who'll be happy with what just happened. I know I am...
IF YOU WANT MORE OF THIS, THEN RATE AND REVIEW! :) Love to everyone who's reviewed and reviewing.
Ah, this was so cute...okay, okay I'm done.
Song for this chapter: "Alone"-Heart(or Allison Iraheta, either one :D)
Complimentary handkerchiefs for reviewers. xD
Sign up to rate and review this story