Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Pieces Of Me

Chapter Forty-Nine: We Were Born For This…

by xStabxMyxBackx 6 reviews

THIS IS WHERE IT GETS JUICY...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-05-24 - Updated: 2009-05-24 - 1735 words

0Unrated
Chapter Forty-Nine: We Were Born For This…
Alright, So You Think You’re Ready…
~Paramore


I sighed as I waited to go into the Doctor’s office. I glanced around the waiting room and jumped when my phone began playing ‘Born For This’ and the name ‘JITTERBUG’ flashed across the screen. I pressed Accept.

“Hi Jess.”I said.

“Hey…have you seen the new issue of US Weekly?”

“No…who’s in it?”I replied, frowning.

“Peter fucking Wentz. Also Adam Lambert, major swoonage, but that’s not the point of me calling you.”She rambled.

“Why is he in the magazine?”

“Well…there are pictures of him partying with some strippers or playboy bunnies or something and he’s NOT with Ashlee!”

“Whoa…well, does she know?”

“Nah, I don’t think so…Patrick is headed over to Pete’s mom’s house where he is and he’s gonna talk to him. Pete was in LA and Patrick was in New York helping Gabe on vocals for the new Cobra album.”

“Alright, well, I gotta go. I’m at the Doctor’s office.”I said, when I saw the receptionist motioning for me.

“Oh, okay…is everything alright?”

“Yeah, just minor pains…nothing too bad. I’ll talk to you later, okay?”I said.

“Okay, bye hun.”

“Bye babe.”I replied, hanging up.

I pocketed my Iphone and walked into the Doctor’s office.

[~30 Minutes Later~]

After taking some blood and checking me out, I left the Doctor’s office, a little shaky because I absolutely HATE seeing blood…especially mine, and I’m not very fond of needles and “Finding Veins”. Hey, that sounds like a cool band name.

I made it to my car, just when the pains started again, worse this time.

I called the one person I knew could help me without telling William.

“Nikki?”

“Ryan? I need you.”I said, weakly, slumped on the ground next to my Honda Civic.

~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~

Ryan Ross kept glancing over at me while I sat in the passenger seat of his car.

I moaned softly as the pain radiated from my abdomen.

“Are you going to be okay?”He said, concern and worry in his voice as he drove me to his apartment.

“I don’t know…the Doctor gave me some pain meds.”I replied.

“Okay…”He said.

It was a silent ride to his apartment.

~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~

“Um…could you please not tell William about this? I don’t want him to worry.”I said softly, as Ryan helped tuck me in.

“Yeah…sure. But, he’ll wanna know why you’re taking medication.”

“That’s why I’ll need to stay away from him for a couple days.”

His eyes widened. “Here?”

“Well…yeah.”

“You know he doesn’t like me that much.”Ryan whined, sitting on the bed next to me.

“God, Ryro, quit whining. Like I said…a couple days. Besides, the guys are on tour and if I told Ashlee or Jessica, they would SO tell him!”

Ryan sighed.

“Fine…I won’t say anything.”

“Pinkie swear?”I said, holding out my pinkie.

“Pinkie swear.”He said, looping his pinkie with mine.

I smiled and then cringed, clutching my stomach.

“Is it really bad?”He said, worried.

“Pretty bad.”I sighed.

“Well…I’m going to let you sleep for a while and I’ll come check on you.”Ryan said.

“Oh, Ryan?”

“Yeah?”

“Thanks for taking care of me.”

“You’re welcome.”He replied, kissing my forehead.

I sighed as he left the room and placed my hands protectively on my stomach.

Nothing was going to come between me and my baby.

“Nothing…”I whispered before falling asleep.

~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~

The pains hadn’t gone away completely, but they were better and I was extremly bored lounging around at Ryan’s house. Being pregnant and taking maternity leave from work at Clandestine wasn’t what I had imagined.

I sighed and boredly changed channels on Ryan’s plasma screen telly until I found an interview with TAI.

I turned it up.

“There’s your daddy!”I told my belly and I swore I felt a kick.

~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~

Ashlee Simpson-Wentz’s P.O.V.

I sighed as I relaxed on the sofa at mine and Pete’s house in Chicago after putting Leia to sleep.

I grabbed my phone and called my husband, missing the sound of his voice.

“HEEEEEYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! THIS IS PETE-AND ASHLEE-BABY, THIS IS MY PHONE BUT, ANYWAYS…I’M NOT HERE AT THE MOMENT PROLLY MAKING LOVE TO MY HAWT WIFEY OR ON STAGE, EITHER ONE, I DON’T KNOW HAHAHAHAHAAAAA…LEAVE A MESSAGE AFTER THE BEEP. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep…”

Straight to voicemail. Hmm…the Peter Wentz I know NEVER leaves his phone off.

I bit my lip and turned off my phone.

~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~

Pete’s P.O.V.

“Pete, man, don’t you think you need to slow down?”Dirty, my second bestie next to Patrick, asked.

“Nah, man…it’s alllll good!”I replied, gulping down my fourth shot of Absolut.

“At least call Ashlee.”

“She’s fine. I’m sure she’s out with Jessica and Kels.”I slurred, letting the girls grind on me.

~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~

Jessica’s P.O.V.

“Have you talked to your best friend lately?”I asked my fiance.

“Not lately…why babe?”Patrick asked from his spot on the floor where he was dusting off the guitar Prince gave him for his birthday.

“Well…US Weekly says that he’s partying in Vegas WITHOUT Ashlee and he’s dancing with hoochies in the picture.”I said, holding up the mag.

He glanced at it fleetingly, then did a double take and snatched it from me.

“Holy shit!”Patrick gasped.

I frowned and covered Kaitlyn’s ears.

“Sorry baby.”He whispered.

I smiled.

“Are you sure?”

I nodded frantically. “Do you not SEE him right there?”

He chuckled. “It’s just Pete…he always parties like that, honey.”

I sighs.

“I guess…I just hope he doesn’t do something he’ll regret…you know?”

Patrick nodded and kissed my cheek.

~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~

William’s P.O.V.

“Honey…I’m hoooome!”I said, chuckling as I dropped my bag onto the couch in our home.

No answer.

“Kelsi?”

Still no answer.

She must be asleep.

I quietly went upstairs, my intent on climbing into bed with her and snuggling.

I slowly opened the door…the find her not there.

I pulse quickened and I ran downstairs and quickly dialed Patrick and Jessica’s number.

“Hello?”A familiar male voice said.

“Hey, Pat…can I talk to Jess?”

“Yeah, sure Bill…hold on.”

“Hey Bill, what’s up?”

“Hey Jess…um, have you talked to my wife lately?”I asked, chewing on my lip.

“Not since her doctors appointment, why?”

“She had a Doctors appointment? When?”I asked, wondering why she didn’t tell me.

“Oh…you didn’t know?”

“No…she didn’t tell me. She’s not here. I don’t know where she is.”I said, getting more nervous by the minute.

“I’m sure she’s okay…she’s probably at Ashlee’s. Check there. If she’s not, call me back and I’ll help you look.”She said.

I sighed, relieved. “Thanks.”

“No prob. Bye Bill.”

“Bye Jess.”

CLICK

I sighed, ran my fingers through my hair and grabbed my keys, yet again, and left the house.

~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~

Kelsi’s P.O.V.

I sighed as I finally turned off the TV.

I looked around his living room at the many pictures cluttering the almost empty space,
since he usually lives on the bus, and occaisionally in Las Vegas.

I slowly got up, pushing myself up carefully from the couch, my slowly growing belly protruding.

I walked around the room and looked at the pictures when my eyes landed on one I forgot about.

It was a picture of Ryan and I when we were dating.

It was a picture that Brendon had snuck up on us and took. We were in the middle of a passionate, heated kiss and Ryan knew Brendon was there and almost flipped him off, when I grabbed his hand and intertwined our fingers.

I smiled softly and then heard the door open and shut.

“Kelsi?”

“In here.”I replied, sighing.

“Hey…did you, Oh.”He stopped, seeing me looking at that picture.

“Hm?”I said, snapping out of my daydream.

“That…”He said. “That picture.”

“Yeah…I can’t believe you still have it.”

“Yeah…well I wasn’t gonna just throw it out.”He said softly, coming up behind me.

I felt my heart speed up and I froze in my spot.

~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~

Ryan’s P.O.V.

I hesitated, but started to reach out and touch her shoulder.

‘No.’I told myself. ‘She’s married with a baby on the way.’

I quickly dropped my arm and changed the subject.

“Um…so, are you hungry? I bought some food to cook.”

“You cook?”She said, eager to change the subject, but not turning to look at me.

“Uh…yeah. I’m kind of the only guy in Panic that can make something more edible than PB&J’s or microwave mac `n cheese.”

She laughed softly and then finally turned around and followed me to the kitchen.

~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~

Kelsi’s P.O.V.

Ryan and I were sitting on his couch, eating the Thai food he ended up ordering on account of nearly burning down the kitchen, and we were watching American Idol, when his phone rang.

“Hello?”He said, not looking at the Caller ID.

Then, he looked at me with wide eyes.

I shook my head ‘No’.

“Nope…haven’t seen her Ash.”Ryan lied.

I sighed in relief.

“Yes, I’m sure.”He said, his voice faltering a tiny bit.

“I’m NOT lying.”He said.

“Okay, bye.”

He hung up.

“Was that Ashlee?”I asked, placing my fork down.

He nodded. “…And your husband.”

I gulped.

“Are they worried?”

He nodded a little bit.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes. “Damn.”

“Do you still wanna keep this from him?”

“No…yeah…I don’t know.”I said.

Ryan sighed.

“Ryan…I just…I need to stay here a little while longer. Please?”I hated to beg.

“Well…”

“Please, Ry?”I said, turning my big blue eyes on him.

He gulped and bit his lip.

“F-fine.”He whispered.

I smiled, relieved and hugged him.
Sign up to rate and review this story