Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Concrete Girl

eight

by ViciousHouse 3 reviews

Keep a calendar, this way you will always know.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover,Drama - Published: 2009-05-27 - Updated: 2009-05-31 - 431 words

0Unrated
"Mom, where are you going?" Aronnax stood in the doorway of her parents' bedroom, watching her mother pack a suitcase.

Her mother looked up and smiled. "Your dad and I are going on a trip. You know that."

Aronnax walked in and sat on her parents' bed. "I don't think you should go."

"Don't be silly. We'll only be gone a few days. Your brother will take perfectly good care of you."

"I don't think you should go."

"It's all going to be okay, honey. Trust me. We'll be just fine."

"No, you're not," Aronnax said, feeling like she was going to cry any second now. "You're leaving me. And you're never coming back." She buried her head in her hands.

"I promise you, I will be back. In the meantime, your brother will take perfectly good care of you. You know that." Her mother closed the suitcase.

Aronnax looked up. "Who?"

"Come on, cutie." Her mother picked up the suitcase, grabbed Aronnax's wrist, and led her out of the room. "You'll be fine."

"Who's staying with me?"

"Come on."

They stopped near the front door. Aronnax watched her father walk over, take her mother's suitcase, and take it outside to the car.

She looked around. There was a man sitting in her living room, reading a magazine.

Her mother kissed her forehead. "I'll see you in a few days, okay?"

Aronnax shook her head frantically. "No. You're not coming back. Ever!"

"Don't get so hysterical. We love you. See you soon."

And with that, she walked out the door.

Aronnax was going to watch the car drive away, but all the windows were too foggy. Or maybe her eyes were just blurred.

"Aronnax, right?" said the man from the living room.

She turned around. He was standing behind her.

"Who are you?"

"Now, that is a ridiculous question." He handed her a glass of water. "Thirsty?"

She shook her head even as she took the glass. "Why are you here?"

"Just have some water."

She took a tiny sip, and instantly she felt like she was choking to death. She'd almost drowned in a lake once when she was younger, and this felt like it was almost as bad.

Or maybe even worse.

Through her blurred vision, she saw the man just standing there, watching her as she hacked and gasped for air.

"I'm sorry," he said, and went outside.

She sagged against a wall and slid down to the floor, panting.

The floor was wet.

That was when she noticed that the house was rapidly filling up with water.
Sign up to rate and review this story