Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Clandestine Industries Presents: disasteRomance

broken in 45

by killxsmile 11 reviews

It's broken both ways.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-05-30 - Updated: 2009-05-30 - 1344 words

1Moving
Author's Note: No, I haven't died. No, I haven't forgotten about this story.

I'm sorry it's taken so long to post. Writer's block + prom + graduation = MESS. But after what seemed like an eternity, I've finally overcome my writer's block. Even though prom and graduation are still looming, and finals are next week, this update has be more than a month overdue. I hope you guys enjoy this.

THANK YOUS:
chocolatechortle22 : I have no idea what Panic's new record is going to sound like, but if i remember correctly, I read in AP magazine that they're going to put out a new album within the next year. SO SORRY that it took so long to get this chapter posted. I appreciate the encouragement.

xFallxOutxBoyxFanx: Ever since the beginning of this fic, I've been planning on a DVD saving Pete and Soap's relationship. That's actually how I came up with the title. Like I've said above, I have no idea what the Panic record is going to sound like, but I agree with you. I miss their days with an exclamation point. A Fever You Can't Sweat Out > Pretty. Odd. BND was fucking AMAAAZING. I pushed my to the barricade after Hey Monday's set and spent the rest of the night front and center. I was screaming my lungs out during 'Saturday' and managed to call moocow during the madness.

moocow: Girlie, you NEED to update Brothers and Sisters. And as for your prediction on a Soap having a girl, my lips are sealed. I know what you mean about Pete making the pit horrible. The second time I saw FOB, Pete didn't think we were hyped up enough for "Dance, Dance," so he and Joe did a demonstration of a circle pit on stage and encouraged everyone in the crowd to follow along. No me gusta.

Tissamy: Haha, thanks for the enthusiasm.

alex_-nods-: Yep, I've finally gotten around to fixing Pete and Soap. Gabe and Soap on the other hand...

tonytay113: I'm glad you like this chapter. It was probably my favorite one to write.
1,000,000 cool points go to you for correctly identifying where the quote came from. I actually watched Say Anything again this morning. Lol. I like the Alex & Jack compatibility video, too. But I didn't need to know about Alex's "crooked" penis. Anyways, props to you and chocolatechortle22 for being so persistent about me posting this update.

Luveulongtime: Only time will tell if Soap has a girl.

x_slowdown : Aww, thanks for taking the time to read this.

somethingorother: It looks like you'll be getting your wish...

Lizzard: Glad you like the Poap love ;)

easykeys: Here's the update! I hope you enjoy it.

And now for the feature presentation...

45: b r o k e n i n 4 5

+++++
Soap’s POV

When I was released from the hospital, it had been more than a day since Gabe and I had last talked.

No texts. No calls. No “goodbye”s.

He told Hannah that he’d be in the studio for a while, then off to Ryland’s place for the rest of the week. In addition to that, Hannah passed on the message that by the time Gabe got back to the house, he expected me to get all my stuff out of there.

As I sat in the passenger’s side, Hannah would glance at me every so often. She didn’t think I noticed, but I did.

“Are you sure you want me to move in with you?” I quietly asked. “I mean, it’s fine if you don’t. There was a nice apartment that--”
“Soap, don’t worry about it,” she reassured. “I’ve been looking for a new roommate since last month, and I wouldn’t have offered if I didn’t mean it.”

With the best smile I could muster, I nodded, then looked down at Rigby as she contently sat in my lap. Her large brown eyes met mine and it seemed that she knew what was going on. Sensing my sadness, the small bulldog nuzzled against my hand as I pet her head. Then with a sigh I turned my attention toward the passing street signs.

How things got this messed up, I had no idea. Alcohol never seemed to be a big issue between Gabe and I. At least I didn’t think it was. After all, Gabe, parties, and alcohol were synonymous with each other.

And before you ask, yes, I know it was stupid not to choose him over booze, but at the same time it was a really trivial question. If he thought I valued liquor more than him, what did he think about me?

As these thoughts ran through my head, I fought the urge to cry. But it goes without saying that I was in a losing battle.

When we reached the apartment, I tried to pack as quickly as possible while at the same time avoiding Gabe’s belongings. As I transferred my clothes from the closet to the large box on the floor, I couldn’t help but remember the day Gabe had encouraged me to stop living out of boxes.

“Fuck…” I mumbled, wiping tears from the corners of my eyes. Somewhere between then and now, things had drastically changed. And the worst part about it was that I didn’t know how it happened.

I carelessly dropped an armful of clothes into the cardboard container then took a seat on the edge of the bed. Hannah sat next to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

“You’re gonna get through this.”

I couldn’t find the heart to believe her.

+++++
Gabe’s POV

“You alright, man?” Ryland asked, snapping me out of my daze.
“Huh? Yeah,” I replied.
“Sure? So you’re legitimately interested in learning whether or not it’s normal for women to fart all the time when they’re pregnant?”

Confused, I attention toward him, and he in turn pointed at the television screen. Tyra Banks was standing in her studio audience next to a woman who was talking about how she had gas all the time due to the baby she was carrying.

Grossed out, I quickly grabbed the remote and changed the channel.

“Listen, it’s obvious that you’re hung up on Sophie. Wanna talk about it?”
“Not really.”
“Come on, Gabe. I’m trying to help you out here.”
“What do you want me to say? She chose vodka over me.”
“She has a drinking problem, but that doesn’t mean that you’re not in love with her anymore.”

Rather than giving him a response, I let out a sigh.

“Soap needs help. Do you think breaking up with her and kicking her out of your house was the right things to do?”
“I’ve been getting on her case about drinking for the past month and it hasn’t done anything. So far breaking up has been the only thing that got her attention…”

I looked up from my hands and saw that Ryland’s eyes were full of pity and concern.

“But don’t think for a second that this is what I wanted. I just wanted her to realize how serious her drinking was. I never thought that it would turn out like this…”
“How did you think it would turn out?”
“I thought she’d pick me. That she’d stop drinking and we’d live happily ever after. How stupid was that?” I asked, mentally punching myself for being so idealistic.
“I know it doesn’t seem like it now, but even a blind person could see that she’s still in love with you and you’re still in love with her,” he said. “Just give her some time to figure herself out.”

I let out another sigh and placed my face in my hands. Sophie meant the world to me, but I had no idea if she felt the same way.

I could only hope that she did.

+++++
Ratings + Reviews = UPDATES.
Feedback makes me smile. A lot.
Sign up to rate and review this story