Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > .waste.of.time.

.who.said.that.

by ViciousHouse 5 reviews

I got him where I want him.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-05-30 - Updated: 2009-05-31 - 944 words

1Funny
I was surprised to see my mom’s car in the driveway when Gerard dropped me off at my house later that day.

“Isn’t that your mom’s car?” Gerard said.

“Yeah,” I said. “I wonder what she’s doing here.”

“She lives here, remember?”

“Very funny.” I unbuckled my seatbelt. “Seriously . . . It’s too early for her to be back.”

“That’s what I thought. Well, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Yeah,” I said, opening my door. “Bye.”

As soon as he was gone, I realized I’d left my green ski cap in his car. Whatever. I’d get it back tomorrow.

“Mom?” I called, walking into my house.

“Alixz?” she called from the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes. Who else was going to call her Mom? I’m the only child she has.

“Hi,” I said, walking into the kitchen. “You’re home early.”

She shook her head as she stood at the sink, stirring a cup of coffee idly. “I’m working from home today,” she said. “I needed a break from the office. How was school?”

“The usual.”

My mom smirked at me as she took a sip of her coffee. “Gerard drive you home?”

“Of course.”

“You know, Grammy was really upset about what happened on Saturday.”

“Gee, who’d have thought?” I said, sitting down in a kitchen chair.

“She’s only trying to look out for you.”

I scoffed. “Right,” I said. “She accused us of having sex. In so many words. I mean, you’d think she’d at least use some euphemism or something. But nooooo, she has to go and say those very words in front of Gerard. She even mentioned me getting pregnant.”

“Well, are you?”

“Am I what?”

“Sleeping with him.”

My eyes almost fell out of my head. “No!”

My mom laughed and sat down in the chair across from me. “I know. I’m sorry. I couldn’t resist that one.”

I sighed.

“Look, honey,” my mom said, “at least she cares. How would you feel if she didn’t care?”

“Happy.” That came out before I had a chance to think about it. It was true, but it was definitely something I didn’t want to say in front of my mother, who is very close to Gram.

My mom laughed. “Well, you might think so, but trust me, you’re very lucky that your grandmother loves you so much. How many people do you know that would drop everything to come here and look after you for a week?”

“It wasn’t a week.”

“It would have been if I hadn’t come home early.”

I shrugged.

“I know she’s very overbearing—”

“To put it mildly.”

My mom smiled. “I’m going to put this in extremely simplistic language — at least she cares enough to try to stop you from fucking your life up with some skanky guy.”

My mom only uses profanity when she injures herself or is trying to drive a point home to me, and the latter never fails to make me laugh. It’s very strange to hear my professional, clean-cut mother use foul language.

Never mind that I use it often.

“Mom,” I said.

She laughed with me. “Get the point?”

“Yeah.” I got up and grabbed a cherry popsicle out of the freezer and returned to my seat.

“Now, even though we both know there’s nothing like that between you and Gerard—”

“No kidding.”

“—I can see how she’d get ideas.”

“How?” I was genuinely confused. “It’s not like we walk around . . . I don’t know. Kissing. Or even holding hands.”

“Alixz. You two are practically inseparable. You’ve been like that for years. And now that you’re growing up . . .” Her voice trailed off and she shrugged.

“So?” My mind wandered back to what Gerard had said a few days ago about how nobody says anything if two people are of the same gender. “It’s okay to just assume, then?”

“No, but it is natural.”

I sighed. “I guess.”

“Are there any guys that you’re interested in for real?” My mother’s eyes sparkled over her coffee mug.

This was fun for her. It was even kind of fun for me, because she and I have always had the kind of relationship where we can talk about anything. Gram says I can do that with her, but I don’t, since I know she’ll twist my words and my mother won’t. My mother is very open-minded and never judgmental.

I shrugged. “My friend is trying to set me up with—”

“Friend?” said my mother, looking confused. “Someone that isn’t Gerard? I wasn’t aware that such a person existed.”

I gave her a sarcastic smirk. “Very funny.”

She laughed. “Would that be Evie?”

“Yeah. She’s trying to set me up with her brother.”

My mother nodded. “Do you like her brother?”

“I don’t know. I just met him the other day.”

“Ah.” She nodded again. “So? Is he cute, or what?”

“Eh. Kind of.” I tilted my head back and forth. “He’s got gorgeous eyes. They’re weird, but gorgeous.”

“Weird like crazy? Or just weird?”

“Just weird. As far as I know. I mean, they’re this insane shade of green. They can’t be real.”

Mom tilted her head to one side. “I used to know a girl with aqua eyes. We thought they were colored contacts, but they weren’t. You honestly never know.”

I shrugged.

“Is he nice?”

“He seems to be. I guess. I don’t know.”

My mother grinned at me.
Sign up to rate and review this story