Categories > Original > Horror > Fatal Fairy Tales

Evil In The Woods

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

Don't believe everything you hear, sometimes the stories are wrong. Sometimes the real story hasn't been told. Evil dwells in places you would never think.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-06-05 - Updated: 2009-06-06 - 590 words

0Unrated
“You have to do something about the children,” the woman said to her husband quietly. She was afraid to raise her voice, afraid the children would hear her.
“They killed again last night,” she whispered, “I found the bones of the cat in the fireplace.”
She shuddered and wrapped her arms around herself.
“Next time it could be human,” she said, “next time it could be one of us.”
Her husband nodded and stood.
“I’ll take them to the woods,” he said, “they won’t return.”
He gently caressed his wife’s face, then left the room, going to where he knew the children would be.
For a moment he stared at them, watching as they gleefully threw stones at a bird’s nest.
His children, his hope and joy. When his wife had discovered she was pregnant, when she had given birth to twins, he was so happy. That was until he found out, his children were evil.
“Hansel, Gretel,” he said, “come we go to the woods.”
They turned and looked at him and he tried not to shudder at their cold, dead eyes.
He felt like they stared right through him, like they knew his thoughts and what he planned to do.
“Of course father,” Hansel said.
He took Gretel’s hand and they followed their father out into the woods.
He took them far away, to the darkest part.
“Sit here,” he said, pointing to a tree. “Don’t move until I return for you.”
“Yes father,” they said in unison and he turned, leaving them alone in the woods.
They sat for awhile, until Hansel looked at Gretel.
“Mother no longer wants us,” he said, “she thinks we’re evil.”
Gretel giggled, “we are,” she said and he giggled too.
“We’ll deal with them,” he said, then stood up, taking her hand.
Together they walked through the woods, until they finally came to a small cottage.
“This will be fun,” Hansel said, then he rubbed dirt on both their faces and told Gretel to cry.
She did as he led them both out of the woods, to the cottage.
The door opened and a woman looked out, gasping when she saw them.
“Oh my what happened?” She asked as she stepped out.
“We’re lost,” Hansel said, “can you help us?”
“Of course,” she said, then turned, letting them into the house.
She sat them down and gave them some bread and soup.
“I have cookies in the oven,” she said, “they should be done by now.”
She went to the stove and opened the door, reaching inside.
Quietly Hansel got out of his chair and snuck up behind her. She began to straighten up, just as he gave her a hard shove, pushing her into the oven.
Gretel laughed and clapped her hands as the woman began to scream in agony, her hair and clothing catching on fire.
Hansel smiled and walked back to the table.
“Come on sister,” he said, and they left the house as the screams of the woman died down before fading completely.
They walked toward home, stopping and watching their cottage until the sun went down.
Hansel looked at Gretel, “they have to pay,” he whispered and she nodded her head.
Slowly they left the woods and went toward the house, picking up an axe their father had left outside the door.
Quietly they opened the door and slipped inside.
“Mother, father we’re home,” Hansel said, before the woods were filled with a blood curdling scream.
Sign up to rate and review this story