Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Fantastic

Fantastic: Sector III

by Mikari 0 reviews

Fantastic: Sector III

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Parody - Characters: Elena,Reno,Rude,Rufus Shinra,Tseng - Published: 2009-06-07 - Updated: 2009-06-07 - 1612 words - Complete

0Unrated
Fantastic: Sector III

Fantasy 21: Hey Listen!

Some listen selfishly, others listen by adding sounds, while some listen in silence, there are those who listen selectively and others who listen at random.

Rufus only hears things that concern him, the words 'you' and 'your' really catch his attention. When the president needs to hear something, it is best to start by explaining why it concerns him, then telling him the news, otherwise he wouldn't hear it. Rufus listens selfishly.

Elena listens better to the first things said in a conversation and is always quick to reply. With Elena it's always best to summarize things so that everything that needs to be said is said before her quick answer. After that it's just a matter of filtering out the extra information and taking note of the main idea. Elena doesn't summarize, thus the other speaker must summarize to balance it out. This could be good or bad since sometimes the extra details are helpful, but other times they are not. Elena listens by adding sounds.

Rude is quiet but a good listener, even if it sometimes it looks like he's ignoring what is being said. He hears things with or without looking at people. However, those who want a response will be disappointed. You'd had to look at his face and search for a soundless reply, the hint of a half nod or an aura that seems to communicate that he understood. Rude pays attention, but he doesn't reply. Rude listens in silence.

Tseng filters out the unimportant details, listening most of the time. He prefers to look at people, but he doesn't require it to hear. He responds when needed and offers a silent confirmation that he heard when he doesn’t have anything to add. Most of the time it can be assumed that if it is something important, he heard it, and if it's not important, he didn't. Tseng listens selectively.

Reno rarely listens, but sometimes he does. He's the unpredictable one of the group, sometimes he hears, and sometimes sounds cease to exist for him. If he is looking at the one talking or not doesn't matter, either way he could or could not be receiving the message. Sometimes it's surprising that he didn't hear something that he should have, and equally surprising that he heard something else that he could have missed. Reno listens at random.

Everyone listens in their own way, so it's really a wonder they can somehow communicate...

Fantasy 22: Fairy Tale

He didn't know why he had to hold on to it. It's not like he was going to use it, but after picking it up Elena didn't want him to put it down. Maybe he could give it to Rude to carry around or maybe Elena could use it or at least carry it since keeping it was her idea. It didn't matter, he would get rid of it soon enough. Maybe he should sell it and buy something useful.

xoxox xox xoxox

While the others were getting some rest at the inn at Gongaga, Aeris had gone out for a little walk. "His home town..." It had been so many years ago. She never got to visit his hometown with him, she never even knew where he was from. He never introduced her to his family like his parents might have expected from his letter years ago. She had tried her best to move on, but on lonely nights like this she remembered him. She wondered if he found someone else or... She didn't want to think about the other possibility. He was a first class Soldier, he was strong and even if he wasn't with her she wished him happiness.

'Cloud you asked me his name... I didn't tell you because if you did know him, then you might start talking about him and... I can't hear his name without remembering. But then after you spoke to his parents I told you he was my first love. Why am I sad? I've moved on... Maybe it's true what they say, you never forget your first love or is it you never forget true love?' "Zack..."

xoxox xox xoxox

"You dropped it?"

"That's what I said."

Elena did not approve, not that it made any difference for Reno. It was just a stupid staff. "Losing Shinra property like that, how irresponsible." Elena placed her hands on her hips and shook her head.

"It wasn't even Shinra property, just something I found that I should have left on the ground."

"But you found it on your mission, what if it was evidence?"

"Evidence? Of what? We saw Cloud's group, why do we need evidence?" In Reno's opinion, Elena talked too much and tried too hard.

"There is someone ahead," Rude spoke and ended Reno and Elena's little argument. The three Turks approached quietly hiding behind bushes, rocks, anything they found on the way.

"Zack... I said I wouldn't cry for you... then why?" There was a young woman in a pink dress crying while holding the Fairy Tale, the staff Reno dropped in an earlier battle.

Elena opened her mouth as if to point out that it was the same staff Reno had found and lost earlier, but the two men shook their heads indicating that she should remain quiet so their location wouldn't be revealed. Luckily, Elena got the message. Rude started heading back and soon Reno and Elena followed.

"I thought they would be in the next town by now," Elena said. "Then we should..."

"Do nothing," Rude replied.

"Yeah, because..."

"We should give her a break even if she's the enemy?" Elena offered. "We should be considerate of her feelings? I didn't think you would say that Reno, but I guess you're right, just this once."

Reno looked confused at Elena's words. "I was going to say because we're off duty."

Fantasy 23: Retreat

"Go!"

It was supposed to be a simple mission with no interference. He should have known otherwise. A Turk is supposed to be prepared for everything, but despite the kind of mission this was, he was relaxed and carefree as he always has been, not suspicions of what was to come what so ever.

He wanted to get this done and over with, return to Midgar, and get the afternoon off, though he highly doubted the latter would actually happened. None the less, they would all return to Midgar.

Reno of the Turks was perhaps more loyal to the Turks than to Shinra itself. He hated not expecting this twist, he hated not reacting fast enough, and most of all he hated retreating this time infinitely more then he had hated doing so in the past. This was different; this was a retreat that signified putting the mission before the comrades, which he would do without a second thought if they were regular Shinra cadets, but they were Turks.

Elena's voice telling him escape with what could have been her last breath, while Tseng lay apparently lifelessly on the ground of the Northern Crater, would ring out in his mind throughout the entire helicopter ride back to Midgar.

He felt like a traitor, and it made him miss the times when he had to run away dodging bullets alongside Rude; but Tseng and Elena were not escaping with him now. They stayed behind and he continued the mission.

Part of being a Turks was remaining cool, and composed, something that he did rather well. Carefree and somewhat playful, that day his mood was even less serious than usual. One would say he didn't give a care; but he did, which is why he continued being Reno of the Turks.

Fantasy 24: If Someone Must

"Aren't you concerned?" A little voiced mentally whispered. It could very well be the voice of a conscience thought to be turned off.

"Concerned?" The opposing voice mentally replied. It was similar to a cartoon with a little angel and devil, one sitting on each shoulder of the main character, arguing about the protagonist's actions. "Concerned as in worried or guilty?"

"Yes both. Before you say it, I know very well that if you don't press the button, someone else will, but the delay might... it might..." The voice of guilt and pity trailed off into silence.

"You do realize that the delay won't accomplish anything right? I have all the confirmation I need from those who truly need to approve of this. By this I mean shut up and let me press the button." There was no argument against the petition and thus, the button was pressed. It's not like anyone could truly say they didn't see it coming.

Fantasy 25: Unreal

When he opened the door to the office that he thought was still his, he found that it had been taken over by someone else. Elena received him with a deadly glare which surprised him greatly. Tseng's shock continued to grow when he noticed Reno standing in a corner of the office, wearing a tie, his jacked closed, his hair perfectly groomed and no goggles.

"..." was all that Reno said.

"..." Elena appeared to agree.

Meanwhile Rude was chattering away and giggling like a girl.

Tseng promptly stepped back and closed the door. He spotted Cloud and rushed after him. "Everyone is acting all weird!" Tseng whined.

"So?" Cloud had a big cheerful grin plastered on his face, "who cares? Screw weirdness, I have a nice big meteor waiting to fall on this pitiful planet!"

Tseng shrugged; at least the president was acting normal today.

End of Sector III

Disclaimer, I don't own Final Fantasy VII. Fantasy 25 was written for CrAze's Opposite Day challenge.
Sign up to rate and review this story