Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Caught Up In This Web

One

by _Amy_Revenge_ 7 reviews

Hold up, wait a minute, put a little love it!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-06-05 - Updated: 2009-07-22 - 1013 words

5Funny
Just for the record, it was about 12:18 when I started writing this :)

_____________________________________________________



Hold up, wait a minute, put a little love in it my cellphone blasts. I smile, remembering the first time I heard that song, and where I was. Then, remembering the reason I was calling my own phone in the first place, I groan; I lost it. I know, I know, it shouldn't be that hard to keep track of a phone. But hey, when you're me and always running around doing something for some one, or in most cases for the band I was in, it gets a little harder to keep that stupid thing in my sight. And lucky for me, the band was helping me look for it. Sort of.

"Maggie! Do you see it anywhere?" I ask loudly, pulling out all the couch cushions.

"Nah, man, but I hear it!"

"Taylor, what about you?"

"Nope! Maybe it's in the fridge?"

"Why the hell would it be in there?!"

"Never mind, it's not in here. But I'm gonna make a sandwich. You want one?"

"No."

Great. Just great. Oh well... I can always call it until Maggie's minutes run out. Besides, it's partially her fault I lost it this time, anyway.

Flashback

"Come on, Amy, hurry! The guys are gonna KILL you for being late again!"

"Shut up, I can't find my phone!"

"Dude, I have it! Remember? You asked me to get it, so I got it. It's right..."

I entered the living room to see my cousin, Maggie, searching frantically through her purse. She's biting her lip and mumbling "I know I put it in here.."

"Mags, please tell me you didn't lose it somewhere," I beg her, trying not to get angry. I mean it's bad enough that I do it, but its even worse when your cousin (who forgets where she put her own shoes) does it.

"Um.." she trails off, and begins looking under the couch. I sigh.

"Wow Maggie, seriously?"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Jeez, I thought I put it right here this time," she says, and grabs her car keys.

"Yeah, well, I guess we'll find them later."

She stops. "Wait, 'we'?"

I laugh. "Well duh. You didn't think I'd let you off the hook just like that, did you?"

"I guess not," she sighs. "Well come on, we'd better get going."


End flashback


"Look, I'm sure we'll find it. There can't be very many places it can hi-"

"I found it!"

Maggie and I run into the kitchen where Taylor is, and let me tell you- I've never been so happy to see a phone in my life.

"Thank you!" I practically squeal and I kiss my little device. I hear Taylor snort, and Connor comes up behind me.

"Finally, we find it! We've been looking for that stupid thing for ages! Now.. Taylor?"

"Mhm?" she asks with a mouth full of peanut butter and jelly.

"Make me a sandwich, beyotch."

"Connor, make your own damn sandwich!" Jeremy yells from the bathroom. I look at Maggie and she shrugs, then makes a face.

"Crap.. You know what he's doing in there, don't you?" she asks, waving a hand in front of her nose like there's a bad smell. My eyes go wide.

"Jeremy, turn on the fan!!"

Everyone in the kitchen laughs and I hear the fan turn on.

"So, uh, Taylor.. Where exactly did you find my phone?"

"Ha! Funniest thing. See, remember how I was here last night, stealing your food?" I nod. "Well, I had to use your phone to text Jennifer, cause, like, I totally forgot to charge my phone yesterday, and it totally died on me and I didn't feel like seeing my mom just to get my charger. Remember?"

"Yeah, I do. Get to the point."

"Well.. Before I left, I told you I was gonna steal your phone. And I did! But I put it in my pants.. and that's where I found them."

I stared at her blankly for a few seconds as the night before played back in my mind. Then I laughed. "Wow, Taylor. You would do that, and then not tell me!"

"But I did tell you!"

"Was I on the couch?"

"Yeah?"

"Was I zoning out?" She shakes her head.

"Shit..."

"Exactly. You are one smart blond, Hun. I luff you!" I exclaim, ruffling her hair like she's a little kid.

"Shut up, Amy. I know I'm stupid," she giggles.

"Speaking of stupid," says Jeremy as he enters my already-crammed kitchen. "You'll never believe who called yesterday."

We all turn and look at him.

"Who?" I ask.

"This manager dude from Reprise Records. Or was it Eyeball? I can never remember.." he trails off, deep in thought.

"Jeremy, snap outta it!" Connor says as he claps in Jeremy's face.

"Oh, what? Yeah, so anyway, this guy calls, and he's all 'This is Dakota from blah blah blah Records, and a friend of mine is interested in hearing your stuff.' And I'm thinking this is a big deal, so I wrote down the address and we've got a three o'clock appointment to meet and play for this guy downtown."

I'm sure we were all staring at Jeremy at this point, confusion and a few other emotions written out across our faces.

"What?" he asks, backing up.

"Jeremy.. Jeremy, Jeremy, Jeremy," I say.

"Stop it, you're scarin' me. Spit it out, woman!"

"What? I forgot what I was gonna say. Well I guess we'd better head to bed then, if we're gonna make it downtown by two," I say, kicking everyone out of the kitchen. Yes, I know the appointment is at three. But it's always good to be early, right?

"Man, I'm pooped!" Taylor says, plopping down on the couch.

"Who's all staying here tonight?" I ask, even though I already know the answer.

"Me!" everyone shouts, and the t.v. comes on. I sigh.

"Alright. Well, I'm off to bed. So shut up!" I shout down the hall as I slam my bedroom door shut.

------------

Edited 5/31/11
Sign up to rate and review this story