Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Crawling Towards the Sun

Chase the Morning

by adalae 2 reviews

It's the banquet and William makes a move.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] [R] [?] - Published: 2009-06-16 - Updated: 2009-07-02 - 1582 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Three: Chase The Morning

Juliette stared at her reflection in the mirror. Only an hour ago had she been covered in blood and bruises but now you could barely tell she even had been outside the mansion. She wore the dress that was left for her to wear to the banquet that night and wondered who had picked it out. It was a long black tube dress that had fit her just perfectly. If it was for any other occasion Juliette would have admired how perfect her hair flowed down past her shoulders or how well her makeup covered her scars but she knew it was all to make herself look better on William’s arm.

“Knock, knock,” A voice Juliette recognized called from outside of the room.

“Come in Brendon,” she called out as she continued to stare at the stranger in the mirror.

“Wow,” he said as he shut the door behind him, “you look… nice.”

“Thanks,” Juliette managed to say as she tore herself from her reflection to look at Brendon, “Can I help you?”

“Uh.. William sent me,” he pulled a box from his pocket and took a few strides over to Juliette, “he said he didn’t want to see you until you were completely ready but he wanted to get you a present.” Opening the velvet box Brendon pulled out a white gold necklace with a large heart pendant on it, a sapphire pressed into the surface. It was very simple, very classic and Juliette was stunned. Brendon walked behind her and slipped the necklace in front of her, fastening it in the back. She turned back to the mirror and was so mesmerized by the necklace that she didn’t even comment on how Brendon’s hands lingered longer than appropriate.

Juliette cleared her throat, “I’m ready,” she said turning to Brendon who immediately offered her his arm.

“Off we go then,” he said simply and escorted her out of the room and to the staircase. Step by step she and Brendon slowly became the focal point of everyone else in the room.

Juliette kept her eyes downcast knowing most of them hated her and she didn’t want to see their disapproval. When they reached the bottom Juliette forced herself to look up and found that she was scanning the room for William.

She spotted him standing next to the fireplace, his back turned sipping from a glass that she could only assume was filled with blood. Her stomach cringed as Brendon led her towards him. Brendon removed his arm from hers and walked up to William who only nodded and waved him away. Turning he looked up and his face was expressionless as he stared at Juliette with blood hungry eyes. For a moment Juliette thought perhaps he had heard about her encounter with the vampire and his friends in the woods and was angry but as she quickly tried to come up with a story her fears were subsided when he grinned.

“You look absolutely stunning,” William said cupping Juliette’s cheek.

“Thank you,” Juliette said, letting herself smile.

“And the necklace suits you very well.”

Juliette reached down for the necklace and grinned, “It’s beautiful William, thank you so much.”

“Only the best for you Juliette,” he said taking her by the arm. The rest of the vampires took this as their cues to head to the large dining table as William took her to the far end, placing her to the right of him, across from Brendon. “Congratulations,” William said as the vampires stood in their places behind their chairs, “Another hunt well done and though some got away they will now live in fear knowing what’s out there,” he continued, raising his glass high into the air. Everyone followed by doing the same and Juliette was handed a glass of what looked to be blood but raised it anyways, “Let us feast and enjoy the fruits of our labors!” They drank and Juliette stared down into her glass. William leant over and whispered into her ear, “Yours is only wine, fear not.” Juliette grimaced but drank and sure enough, it was wine.

They sat down and, even though she had seen some do it before, watched the vampires feast on real food. Small conversations took place all around the table and laughing was heard but Juliette focused on her food and smiling whenever someone acknowledged her. “I know it was hard for you,” William said, turning away from Brendon who was hitting on some other vampire woman, “But you have done better than anyone could have expected.”

Juliette said nothing but felt her stomach cringe even more. The thought of getting praised for helping vampires hunt down innocent people made her sick but she gave William a small smile and nod. “I do what I can,” she murmured.

William said nothing more but covered her hand with his. The cold was a shock to her but she didn’t dare pull away. She looked across the table to see Brendon stunned by the small public show of affection that William had just shown. Juliette looked over at William who was now having a conversation with another person and felt like something was right about this. And that scared the shit out of her.

After dinner was over the vampires took to doing whatever it was they did and William escorted Juliette back up the stairs and out onto the terrace. The moon was high and with anyone else in any other situation Juliette would have swooned by now at the romantic setting. “That wasn’t to horrible was it?” William asked as he sat on the ledge propping one leg up, letting the other one dangle.

“Not at all,” Juliette said fidgeting with her necklace. She took a few steps closer and sat down next to William, staring down at the ground.

“You okay?” William asked concerned, pushing back her hair with his hand.

Juliette leaned into his hand, forgetting where she was or who she was with, “I’m fine,” she murmured, her eyes closed. More and more often she thought about giving in, life would be so much easier if she did. Her mind drifted to the men she found in the woods and thought about how hard they were fighting against William and his people and wondered if they were alive.

William wrapped his arm around her and Juliette forced her eyes to stay shut. She knew the moment she opened her eyes the moment would be ruined when she saw William’s face and the moon up above her. She longed to go out in the daytime and just go for a run, not hunting and scouting at dusk. Juliette knew she couldn’t continue to fool her mind so she stood up and turned, “You think you are quite the charming one, William.” She said a tad bit angry.

“Well,” William said standing up as well, a cocky smile on his lips, “It’s just natural for me I guess.”

Juliette shook her head and began to leave when William grabbed her by the arm and spun her towards him. He let out a low chuckle and pulled her against him. “Are you saying you do not find me charming, Juliette?” He whispered into her ear. His voice was enough to make her melt and she found her self instinctively holding onto him. “Everyone else seems to find me devilishly charming,” he continued to say, kissing the curve of her neck, “Emphasis on the devilishly part..” Juliette’s heart pounded and she willed it to slow down, unsuccessfully. Juliette began to retort when William covered her mouth with his in a passionate, raw, angry kiss. Stunned, Juliette began to pull away but William pinned her against the wall.

Juliette wrapped one of her hands around him and the other in his hair. It had been so long since she even had thought about kissing anyone that she was overcome with all different emotions. Anger found its’ way up to the surface and Juliette bit at William’s bottom lip and dug her nails into his shoulder. William did not take it as a sign of hostility but rather a sign of passion. He reciprocated by digging his fingers into her thigh and nibbling at her ear. “No,” Juliette muttered when their lips parted. She began to push away but William wouldn’t budge. His hand slid up from her thigh and up her back. He tugged at her hair causing her to let out a low moan, “Stop,” she murmured.

William paused and pressed himself against her, his hand caressing her neck, “Now, now,” he said with a sinister grin, “You don’t want to be a tease do you?” He let out a chuckle and tried to move Juliette’s legs apart with his knee as he nibbled once more at her earlobe.

“I’m serious William, stop.” Juliette said coming to her senses. Using all of her strength she pushed William away and stepped from the wall.

“What the hell have I done to get this constantly bipolar version of you!” William yelled frustrated. “One moment you care cold to me, the next moment you are smiling and laughing and just…” William let out a little growl, “Fucking mortals.”

“It’s not happening William,” Juliette said coldly, walking towards the door to the hallway, “Not now, not ever.”
Sign up to rate and review this story