Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Crawling Towards the Sun

Soft Smoke

by adalae 1 review

Juliette goes out on the hunt.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance,Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2009-06-16 - Updated: 2009-07-02 - 1444 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Two: Soft Smoke

“Hey there Juliette,” Brendon said, his voice carrying through the study all the way to where Juliette was sitting among the stacks of books.

“Brendon,” she muttered back, shutting her book and looking up at the vampire who stood leaning against the table, his head cocked to the side. “How can I help you?”

“Well…” He began to say, leaning closer down to Juliette.

“Other than that,” Juliette said standing up. He wasn’t much taller than her but he definitely had a good few inches on her.

“You know you want me,” he said with a grin, “You just haven’t realized it.”

“Oh yeah,” Juliette scoffed, crossing her arms, “I’ll make sure to jump you the moment my brain kicks in. But until then,” she walked past Brendon, “watch your step. I would hate for you to have an accident Mr. Urie. “

“And how would you explain a stake through the heart as an accident?” he called out after her.

Turning around Juliette grinned and put on an innocent voice, “William, I am so sorry,” she began to pretend cry, “I just was practicing and he came in and scared me and I thought… oh comfort me please!” she let her face drop and laughed a little, “He would forgive me. He would get pissy that I killed his number two but if he thought it would get me to agree to be his then I think he wouldn’t mind the sacrifice.”

“Ouch,” Brendon said realizing she was probably right. Pouting like a child he crossed his arms and plopped down into one of the oversized chairs and stuck his tongue out as Juliette exited the study, “Bitch.”

Juliette was sick of vampires. All they ever wanted was to turn her, sex, or to just verbally assault her – they all had ulterior motives. It was moments like this that she contemplated how far she could get before William tracked her down and killed her himself. Her relationship with him was like a double-edged sword, on the one hand he was her captor, keeping her caged up like a prisoner. On the other hand he did favor her more than some of his own fledglings. Juliette knew she couldn’t teeter on the edge of the blade much longer and she would either have to find an escape or she would have to succumb to William.

“Speak of the devil,” Juliette said as she saw William waiting at the end of the hallway.

“And he appears,” he said finishing the saying. “Good evening Juliette,” he said charmingly as he bowed a little, “Are you ready for tonight?”

“Yes,” Juliette muttered as her heart sank a little. Tonight the vampires were hunting, they were going to terrorize a town and Juliette was expected to help by capturing other rogue vampires and…disposing of any obstacles in their way. She hated being part of the process of bringing humans back to the mansion but she had no other choice.

William placed a hand on her cheek, “You will join me at the hunt banquet later tonight,” he said with a grin. The banquet was a formal event that took place after the big hunt. Sure vampires hunted constantly but only once a month would they go out and out right terrorize a town in an organized fashion – the banquet was always an event and even though Juliette had seen them before she had never been invited to be involved in the banquet. Part of her was excited for the opportunity but the majority of her was disgusted. “I will arrange for your outfit and anything else you need but please,” he said slowly, “go get ready for the hunt.” And with that he was gone.

Juliette was left standing there and she raised her hand to her cheek to where the cold from William’s skin still left a mark.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

“I really don’t wanna be the bait tonight,” Andy said as he poked his head outside of the window of the car, “Like.. for serious guys. Can’t Joe be it tonight?”

“No!” Joe yelled, “No no no! You drew the short straw. Not me!”

“He does have a point Andy,” Patrick said snapping together the last of the weapons, “plus at least you know we’ve got your back, we’re just out there.”

“True,” Andy said after a moment of hesitation, “fine. But next time its someone else.”

“Deal,” Pete said popping up out of nowhere, “ready guys?”

“Always,” Patrick said, Andy in Joe chiming in after.

“Now what?” Joe asked, looking around for any signs of vampires.

“We wait,” Pete said with a grin, “we just wait.”

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Juliette was leading the vampires, scouting for possible obstacles when she spotted a bright red car in the distance. “Weird,” she muttered to herself but decided to investigate before she wrote it off as to horny teenagers trying to find some privacy. Dressed in tight black pants and a black top with a black jacket she blended in very well with the dark scenery. Minus her platinum blonde hair that was. She slipped her hair into a ponytail and covered it with a black beanie, now she was completely camouflaged. Step by step she proceeded with caution, looking she saw a person about fifteen feet ahead of her when she realized those were the men from the night before. She reached for her tranquilizer gun and crept up behind the man and pressed the tip against his neck, “Who are you?” she whispered.

“What in the-“ Patrick began to yell but his mouth was quickly covered by a pale hand.

“Ssh. Now, I’m going to move my hand and you are going to answer my question,” Juliette said quietly, “Who are you?”

“P-p-Patrick,” he said trying to look over his shoulder, “and you are?”

“Not important,” Juliette said quickly, “What are you doing here?”

“Hunting,” he stammered, “And you?”

“The same,” Juliette quickly looked around, “Look, you guys need to leave. Now.”

“I think you need to leave,” Pete said from behind Juliette. Turning quickly Juliette kept the gun pointed at Patrick’s throat and used him as a shield.

“No,” she spat out, “You need to leave,” she said slowly, “You. You are the vampire.”

“Let my friend go,” Pete ordered.

“Leave this place and go somewhere safe,” Juliette said pressing the gun harder against Patrick’s skin, “Leave now or I’ll have to kill you and your friends. And I really don’t want to do that.”

“Why don’t you just help us?” Patrick sputtered out, “We want them gone as well!”

“What?” Juliette asked as she realized they thought she was hunting their vampire friend.

“No,” Pete said, understanding what she was doing and whom she was hunting. “She works for him,” he said slowly, “Don’t you?”

Juliette said nothing but simply threw Patrick towards his friend and held the gun at them, “Leave or you will die, and that is your warning.” In a swift movement she tucked the gun in her jacket and ran off.

Moments later she found herself in a clearing and took a deep breath as she tried to figure out which direction to go in when Pete had caught up with her. He held a dagger up to her throat and her arms were pinned behind her, “Who do you work for?” he asked angrily.

“William,” she spat out, “I work for William.” She flipped him over her shoulder, slicing her hand with the blade as he went over, “Look what you made me do!” she cursed a few profanities but never took her eyes off of the vampire, “Leave. He’s coming and he’ll kill you all.”

“Let him try,” Pete yelled, “But he’ll find your body long before he finds me.” Pete lunged towards Juliette and landed a right hook in, causing her lip to bust and her cheek begin to swell.

Juliette retaliated by kicking him so he landed on the ground and pinning him with a stake pressed against his chest, “Will he now?” She asked, venom dripping from her words.
“Whatever he promised you he lied!” Pete yelled, “Whatever he has on you is not worth doing what you do!”

“How in the hell do you know? Huh? You don’t get to judge what I do,” Juliette screamed into the silent woods. She heard rustling in the bushes, “Leave,” she said getting up, “they’re nearly here. Run vampire.”

Before Pete could answer she was gone and he was left staring into the darkness of the clearing.
Sign up to rate and review this story