Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It's just you and me...and our new baby

It's just you and me...and our new baby

by kelly-khaos 2 reviews

Gerard meets Molly when they get paired together for a project.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2009-06-17 - Updated: 2009-07-20 - 931 words

-1Cliche
Gerard sat in his first class, Life Science, waiting for the bell to ring. He knew Mr. Sahlin had something big planned. Mr. Sahlin had the same smile on his face last semester when he informed the class about their trip to the Science Museum. He tapped his fingers repeatedly on wooden desktop in anticipation of what was to come. Luckily, he didn’t have to wait that much longer. As soon as the final bell rang he called the class to attention.

“Good morning class!” Mr. Sahlin greeted us with a smile.. If anyone didn’t know something was up, they knew now. “Today we’re going to be starting something very special.”
He pulled the curtain of the black board to reveal the word ‘Parenting’

A collective groan and a “Damnit!” from Frankie sounded throughout the classroom. He paid no attention and continued speaking. “This assignment is worth 20% of your grade. We’ll be using those plastic baby-dolls people like Mr. Iero played with as children.” The class laughed and Frank mumbled a few choice words under his breath. “I’ve already put you into pairs. When I’m done calling them out, you can come up get your babies.”

Shit.
Gerard wasn’t very much of a people person and unless Mr. Sahlin let him do the assignment alone, he was screwed. Gerard only had five friends out of the eight hundred students that attended Carpathia High School and Frank, his only friend in the class, was sure to make him do all of the work if they were paired together.
Who am I going to be paired with? Are they nice? Are we going to have anything in common? he snapped out of his thoughts when he heard his name.

“Gerard Way and… Molly Connolly.”

Who is Molly Connolly? he scanned the room for anyone he didn’t know. In the left hand corner of the front row, he finally found her. She waved and gave him a small smile. He thought she looked nice enough, and with the way she was dressed he knew they’d have something in common. She seems alright, and at least she has good taste in music. He thought, looking at her slim fitting Queen t-shirt and Green Day wristband. She doesn’t look that bad either. Her eyes were green with purple flecks and her light brown hair hung just below her shoulders. The black heels she wore were barely visable under the length of her dark blue jeans. Not bad at all.

“You can meet up with you partners now. Come get you babies when I call you.” Mr. Sahlin announced when he has finished calling out the groups.

A few seconds later Molly stood in front of his desk. “Hi,” she extended her hand. “I’m Molly Connolly.”

He took her hand and shook it. “Hi, I’m Gerard.” She smiled and he smiled back.

“Okay, Gerard and Molly come get your baby” Mr. Sahlin called to them.

They walked up to his desk. He handed the baby to Molly.

“Aww, it‘s cute. Can we name it?” she asked Mr. Sahlin.

Does it matter? The look on his face mirrored his thoughts. Molly noticed. “Yes Gerard, it does matter.”

“Sure it does.” he said, his voice laced with sarcasm.

“Yes you can name it.”

“Awesome.” Molly smiled before walking away. Gerard followed her back to the desk.

“What do you want to name the baby?” She asked, pulling up a chair.

“What about Dracula?” He joked.

“Hmmm…” She looked deep in thought.

“You’re actually considering Dracula?”

“Why not? I think I’ll call him Dracula Logan Way.”

“Why Logan?” He asked, hoping she chose it for the reason he was thinking of.

“That’s Wolverine’s name.” she looked at him like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

He sighed in relief. “Okay.”

She held the baby up, an arms length away. “Dracula Logan Way.” she said before laying the baby back on the desk.

“Weirdo.” Gerard mumbled under his breath

She playfully slapped his arm. “I’m not a weirdo.”

He smirked. “Yeah you are.” he challenged.

“Am not.” she gave him another slap, the contact of our skin making Gerard blush. She smiled, noticing the pink tint to his cheeks.

“Are so.” He said a bit weaker this time.

She smacked again, letting her hand linger a little bit longer than it should have. “Am not.” she smiled, knowing exactly what she was doing.

He pulled her hand off his arm, determined to stop blushing. “Are so.”

She smiled, looking up at the clock. The bell rang. She slung her bag over her shoulder and took our baby off of the table. “Am not.” she said over her shoulder.
She left before he could say anything in return.

He sighed, excepting defeat. Gathering his things, he made his way to front of the school to meet up with his friends for free period.

What did you think? I tried to make it better. Did it work, or do you like the original version better? If you liked this one better, then I'm going to continue going through the story and trying to fix it. Also if this version wins I'm going to write a new chapter for what happens during free period. If not, then I'll just continue writing as is. Let me know please. Anything you write means the world to me (even bad stuff [at least you took the time to tell me you hated it]). :)

xoxo - Kelly
Sign up to rate and review this story