Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > This Aint A Fairytale, Honey

Crazier

by sweet-tart 7 reviews

So close...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [V] [X] - Published: 2009-06-19 - Updated: 2009-06-19 - 996 words

2Ambiance
Gerard stood at her door that night, peering in and watching her sleep. He observed the way her chest would rise and fall when she breathed, the way her nose would wrinkle up when she moved, and the incoherent noises she made when dreamed. She was perfect in every way. He loved the way her long brown curls flowed over her shoulder and the way her chocolate eyes would crinkle in the corner when she laughed. He loved the sound of her voice and the way she seemed to glide everywhere she went; Like her feet were never really touching the ground. No, she was too precious for mere human things. She was more like an angel to him.

His angel.


*


I woke up around ten this morning to a silent house. It was never this quiet in the mornings I've been here. Usually, there was something loud going on downstairs or someone fussing around my room; Usually it was Frank. But, today, it was eerily silent.
I slipped out of bed and crept over to the door, using my pinky finger to pull it open, and looked out into the hallway. No one was around.
I decided to go downstairs; Maybe they were all in the sitting room. The only noises I heard during my venture was my breathing and the creaking steps from the old wood of the stairs. I looked in all the rooms.

No one.

"Hello?" I called, retracing my steps. No one answered me. I sighed and decided to go back to my room, but on my way, I heard a noise emit from one of the rooms.

Gerard's bedroom.

I tiptoed over to his door and knocked, resisting the urge to press my ear against it to hear him. I could hear his footsteps and some muffled mumbling as he got closer to the door. It was yanked open to reveal a disheveled Gerard.

"What the hell do you--"

"Gerard?"

"--Rose?" Gerard arched an eyebrow and looked over my shoulder. "Uhm, sorry. I thought you were somebody else." I smiled as he ushered me into his room, locking the door behind us. "So, how are you today?"

"I'm fine, thanks. You?"

"Good, yeah." He grinned. "So, are you hungry or anything? I could have cook make you someth--"

"Where is everybody?"

He laughed, running a hand though his messy hair. "You're, uh, very observant."

He looked at me before quickly removing his eyes from my face, glancing at the floor. He had dark circles under his eyes and his complexion was paler than usual; Still in the same clothes from last night. "Are you alright, Gerard? You're not sick, are you?"

"No," He shook his head. "I was just thinking."

"All night?"

He sighed. "Yeah. I've got some problems I need to sort through."

I let my eyes fall over him, taking in every detail. It wasn't until I saw his arms that were clamped together, over his chest, that I realized. "You haven't taken care of that, yet?"

"What?" Gerard followed my stare and laughed. "Oh, that."

"Yes, that. Have you even tried to bandage it?"

"No," He winced when I touched it. "I wasn't really paying attention to my injuries, Rose."

"Why not?" I demanded. He bit the corner of his lip, shyly hiding his face from me. When I tried to move closer, he turned in the other direction, behaving childishly. "Gerard, if you won't let me see--"

"Nope."

"I'm gonna have to lo--"

"No, you don't."

"It's going to get infected, Gerard."

"No, it's not."

"Gerard," I sighed, sitting down on the lush black velvet couch. "Please."

He winced when I gripped his arm and pulled him closer, but didn't complain. I smiled at him and held up a finger; signaling that I'd be right back.
I went to the bathroom and got all the medical supplies I could find; Bandages, medical wrap, hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol and a wash cloth.
When I returned, Gerard was fumbling with his fingers and picking at the ruined sleeve of his shirt. Dried blood smeared across his pale skin and clothes. I quickly knelt down in front of him and began cleaning him up.

Drenching the wash cloth in the rubbing alcohol, I steadied his arm and positioned the wet rag over his arm. "Now, this is going to sting... " As soon I as touched his wound with it, he growled, shoving me away. "I told you it would hurt, Gerard."

"Bullshit! You said it would sting! What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"I-I'm sorry." Hesitantly, I crawled back over and attended to his arm. He didn't put up a fight this time but he did continue to murmur under his breath about how much of a liar I am. "There," I smiled. "All done."

"Certain?" He questioned, examining his newly bandaged arm. "Well, I guess... I mean... Uh, thanks."

I laughed, nodding. "You're welcome."

He grinned, pulling his mouth up into a lopsided smile, and tilted his head to the side. Slowly, he reached out towards me a pushed a piece of stray hair away from my face. He got so close I could smell the tangy-sweet aroma of his skin. "I've been wanting to do this for so long," He murmured.

The only thing Gerard could think of was -- Oh, fuck.





A/N - I felt bad for taking so long to update the last time that I wanted to update again as soon as I could. This update it a little out of place but it sets it up for the next chapter. Sorry to leave it like this, but it has to be done. And, again, thank you all so much for the wonderful reviews! I'm glad you don't hate me for taking so long. Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you next update. Thanks for reading! Please, don't forget to R&R for me. xoxo - Esther Rose.
Sign up to rate and review this story