Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Assisted Revenge

Ch.15: My Way Home Is Through You

by fobXmcrXpatdX 2 reviews

AR moves

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2009-06-21 - Updated: 2009-06-21 - 886 words - Complete

0Unrated

“Guys!” Shane ran into the Game Room of the orphanage, breathless. “Guess what?!”
“You got a date?” Keith asked enthusiastically.
“Fuck you.” Shane flipped Keith off, “No. And I think you’ll agree that this is probably better news.”
“Then give us the news.” I said.
“Ok, so I looked up apartment regulations.” He grinned, “And it turns out that we may be eligible for one.”
I jumped up with a cheer and gave Shane a hug. We’d been thinking of leaving the orphanage for a while now. We kinda felt guilty for having a shit load of friends over for the holidays… and for every other times we had a bunch of friends over. We figured we could handle our own place. We just need to know what we had to do to get the place.
I sat back down and leaned against Brandon.
“What are the requirements, sir?” I joked.
“We have to have a full-time job for most places.”
“The band.” Britt said.
“Okay,” Shane continued, “We have that. We also have the money to pay for it.”
“Um, I think we’ll have enough. If not, Dise can help.”
”And the last part. It’s a little something called Emancipated Minors.”
”What’s that?” Brandon asked warily.
“It’s when a minor separates themselves from their legal guardian. But there are some catches.”
”Like…?”
“We have to pay taxes, the former guardian can’t for the minor’s insurance. All that stuff.”
There was a long pause.
”Ah.” Britt said, “That’s a little problem. But it’s little. So money will be a little tight. We can deal. We’ll try to make a little more money.”
“As long as we don’t sell out in the process of making money.” I said as a quiet reminder.
“There’s no way we’re gonna sell out.” Brandon reassured me.
So with that we started to discuss apartment necessities.
“Two bedroom?” Keith asked.
”Well there’s no way in hell we’re getting a one bedroom.” Britt said.
“Why not?” he retorted.
“I’d lose my sanity.” Shane replied.
“Too late.” Brandon and I laughed.
“Okay,” I continued on my own, “If we can’t fit three beds into a room, we’ll each take turns sleeping on the couch.”
Oh, crap.
“Where are we getting furniture?” Britt asked the question that was in my head.
“I suppose we’d have to buy some.” Brandon said.
“I’ll see if the orphanage will lend us stuff, too.” Shane added.
“Also: The apartment has to be in Chicago. No ‘ifs,’ ‘ands,’ or ‘buts.’” Britt said.
“’Course,” I agreed, “I’m never leaving Chicago.”
*
We’d finally picked out an apartment, signed the lease and Emancipation crap, and we were about to move in. We were borrowing some stuff from the orphanage and other people. Tomorrow we’d take a car full of stuff over. The major furniture (beds, couch, and kitchen stuff) was already there.
The next morning at 6:30, I woke up with a gasp. I had shot upright as soon as I had opened my eyes. Britt yawned and woke up.
“Dreams again?*) she joked.
“Yeah…” I answered slowly.
“Care to share?” She asked.
“Not really… I can’t remember it all.” I said, “I never can. I think it had something to do with Keith and his father.”
”Crap, that’s scary,” She sat on the edge of her bed, “His teenage sex-addict father?”
“That’s the one.” I said.
“What about him?”
“I don’t remember.” I shook my head with a sigh.
“Huh,” Britt said, “Well, its moving day!”
twenty minutes later
“It’s seven in the morning.” The guys groaned as we tried to wake them up.”
“Watch this,” I whispered to Britt, then I raised my voice to normal, “Well, we thought it’d be fun to see you guys in the morning and have you see us.” I winked at Britt, and she got the hint.
“Yeah, and Alicia and I sleep naked,” Britt said seductively.
Brandon and Keith shot up (that can be taken in a few ways.). They sat up in their beds. Their shocked eyebrows fell when they saw us in pajamas. We looked at the bed where Shane was still wrapped in covers.
“Shane,” we called.
“What?” he replied sleepily.
“Did you hear that?”
“Yes.”
“And?”
“What?”
“Are you gay?”
”What?! No!”
“But you didn’t react.”
“…so?”
No one said anything for a second and then we sighed, “Nevermind.”
“Ok…”
”Just get out of bed.”
”Why?”
“We’re moving.”
”Oh!”
Shane then got out of bed.
About an hour later we were on the road. It was only ten minutes away, so we got there pretty quickly. We dragged our stuff in and sat down. We joked around for a while, happy that we were on our own. We finally got up and went to different parts of the apartment. Britt and I went to our bedroom and changed into our pajamas (blue plaid flannel pants and a white tank top for me. Hot pink flannel pants and a black tank top for Britt). Shane, Brandon, and Keith went to watch TV. Britt and I then retreated to the kitchen for hot chocolate. Life here was going to be good.
Sign up to rate and review this story