Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Moving Pictures (Switching Scenes)

Good God I (don't) Wish I Was Tall

by xPrettyInPunkx 6 reviews

Cookies & Cuddles, well only if ficwad decides to upload the chapter already! Sorry this is taking so long XP

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2009-06-22 - Updated: 2009-06-23 - 1505 words

1Exciting
The car ride to Patrick’s house was silent, seeing as it was like 10:30pm, so no one really wanted to talk. But then surprisingly, Patrick broke the silence.

“Do you like Pete?” I scrunched my face up at the choice of topic and the abruptness of the question.

“Uh, he’s okay I guess. Why do you ask?” I asked confused.

“Just wondering.”

“Okay…” I said, hoping to drop the subject. Soon we reached Patrick’s house. I realized that his house wasn’t too far from my house, well the house that would’ve been mine if this were present time rather than the past. I followed Patrick inside his home.

“Patrick? Is that you?” A voice came from the kitchen.

“Yeah mom.” Patrick replied and motioned for me to follow him into the kitchen. “Mom, this is Elly. Would it be okay if she stayed here for a few days?”

“Oh of course honey.” Mrs. Stump said.

“Thanks, mom.” Patrick said and grabbed my hand pulling me towards the upstairs. He took me by surprise, that was the first hand to hand contact we’ve had since we met. Maybe I make a big deal out of these things, but hey you can’t blame me. Once upstairs, he led me to his room; still holding my hand. You know how in movies and books they always say things like “Our hands fit perfectly together” or “Our lips fit like puzzle pieces”? This was exactly like that, except this wasn’t a movie or a book, it was actually happening. “So, this is my room.” Patrick said, bringing me out of my thoughts.

“Nice.” I said, looking around. He wasn’t lying about his stereo system, it was quite impressive. He also had a bunch of posters of different bands around the room. His bedroom looked like any other teenage boys bedroom. There was a bed, a dresser, a gaming system, stereo, TV, oh and you can’t forget the massive CD collection.

For the next few moments the two of us just stood there, still hand in hand. It was silent, but not that awkward kind of silence it was just the kind of silence where there’s nothing to say.

“Um I'll go and get you some clothes to sleep in from my sister.” He said breaking the silence and taking his hand from mine and leaving the room. He soon returned with a stack of clothes. “You can sleep in these tonight,” he said handing me a pair of PJ’s “And you can wear these tomorrow.” He said putting the other clothes on top of the desk that I had just noticed was also in the room. I took my bag and put it on the desk as well.

“Okay, thanks Patrick.” I smiled and exited the room, only to return moments later realizing I had no clue where the bathroom was. “Um Patrick? Which way is the bathroom?” He chuckled, “What?” I asked confused.

“Nothing.” He smiled. “It’s the third door down the hallway.”

“Thanks.” I said leaving the room. I found the bathroom and changed out of my clothes and into Patrick’s sister’s PJ’s, which seemed to fit perfectly. After I was done, I realized that I didn’t have a toothbrush or anything. Maybe Patrick had an extra one somewhere. I exited the bathroom and returned to his room, setting my clothes on top of my bag. “Patrick do you guys have an extra toothbrush here that I could use?”

“Oh, yeah sure, but my mom made some cookies earlier. Want some before you brush your teeth?” He asked.

“Okay.” I smiled. I seemed to be smiling a lot lately when around Patrick. I never really smiled much before.

“Okay, c’mon.” He said heading downstairs. I followed him into the kitchen and could smell the cookies.

“Mmm they smell good.” I said as he poured two glasses of milk.

“And they taste even better.” He said taking one and dunking it in the milk. I giggled. “What?” He asked.

“Nothing, it’s just…”

“What?” He asked again.

“No, I just do the same thing.” I laughed when I saw his face. He had that look on his face like “are you serious?” “See I told you it was nothing.” We both ended up laughing, and then I took one of the cookies and dunked it in my milk as well. And as soon as I took a bite it was like heaven. “Mmm… this is so good.”

“I know, these can get dangerous.”

“That’s for sure.” I agreed. We ate a few more cookies and then went back upstairs.

“Okay so you can sleep on my bed and I'll just sleep on the floor or something.” Patrick said.

“What? No, you sleep in your own bed and I'll sleep on the floor.” I disagreed. I wasn’t putting him out of his own bed; that was something I refused to do.

“I’m not going to let you sleep on the floor, Elly.”

“Too bad.” Was all I had to say. It made me uncomfortable when other people gave up their beds or anything for me.

“Why?” Patrick asked.

“Because that’s your bed, not mine.”

“So?” He sighed, “Elly what kind of guy would I be if I let a girl sleep on the floor instead of on a bed?”

“Patrick, really it’s no big deal. I’ve slept on floors before.” I shrugged.

“It’s not about you sleeping on the floor, it’s about-” He let out another sigh. He was either getting tired or annoyed. Or both, I guess I was being a little difficult.

“Okay, I'll sleep on the bed.” I sighed, “On one condition.” I added.

“What?”

“I don’t want to kick you out of your bed, and wouldn’t be able to sleep with you on the floor…” I trailed off, watching his eyes widen as he knew what I was talking about.

“Um, I don’t think we can both fit on that bed Elly.”

“Sure we can. I'll sleep one way and you sleep the other way just like when you did when you were younger.”

“I never did that when I was younger.” He argued.

“Oh.” I said, “Well I did and it worked all the time, we’re both small so we’ll fit.” I shrugged.

“But-” He stopped.

“But what?” I questioned. “It’s not like my feet smell or anything.” I laughed.

“Nothing.” He shook his head, chuckling as well.

“Okay then, so we’re both going to sleep on your bed and no one’s sleeping on the floor; right?”

“Right.” He agreed.

“Okay, hey you said you had a toothbrush I could use right?” I was paranoid about brushing my teeth. Usually I brushed them 3 or 4 times a day, obviously today I didn’t get that chance though so I was getting a little impatient as well.

“Oh right.” He said and then headed to the bathroom with me following right behind. “Here you go.” He said taking the toothbrush out of the drawer.

“Thanks.” I opened the toothbrush from its packaging and wet it under the sink. Patrick did the same and got the toothpaste out, putting toothpaste on both of our toothbrushes. “Thanks.” I said again, this time my face was red as I stared back at the mirror. I wet the toothpaste a little and started to brush my teeth. I scrubbed up, down, side to side and in the backs and fronts.

After we were both done brushing our teeth, we went back to Patrick’s room and got in bed. I slept with my head at the foot of the bed and Patrick slept with his head at the head of the bed. It was silent for a while, and then Patrick spoke up.

“Hey, if you’re not comfortable over there, you could-” He started, and then I heard him mumble something incomprehensible.

“What?” I asked not hearing what he said.

“I said, if you’re not comfortable over there, you could come over here.” He said, and then added. “If you want, I mean you did say we were both kind of small, so we could still fit facing the same way.” He said, and I couldn’t help but giggle a little at his nervousness.

“Sure.” I said, picking up the pillow and moving it next to his. “Just one more thing.”

“Yeah?”

“Sometimes I get a little grabby in my sleep, so don’t be startled if I'm like hugging you in my sleep or anything.” I giggled.

“Okay.” He chuckled. “I don’t mind.” I got comfortable and then did something I probably shouldn’t have done. I rested my head on his chest. He didn’t seem to care though, he wrapped his arm around me. “Good night” He whispered.

“Good night.” I replied, and then we both drifted to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story