Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Jamais Vu

A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More

by killxsmile 6 reviews

"I don't blame you for being you. But you can't blame me for hating it."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-06-23 - Updated: 2009-06-24 - 1482 words

3Original
Author's Note: Got back from my overnight freshman orientation at UIC a few hours ago. It was ridiculously hot outside, and there were a lot of boring lectures, BUT everyone was ridiculously friendly. I CAN'T WAIT FOR COLLEGE. But I digress. Onto the

THANK YOUS
somethingorother: In time, the cycle will end. For now, enjoy the nakedness. lol.

F-A-S-D: You’ll have to keep reading to see how it all plays out. And trust me, you’ll LOVE it. At least, I hope you will.

Tissamy: Hehe. I like to think that I’m as classy as Andy. Oh shizz. A new word for the occasion? I’m excited.

tryingtohard_x: lol @ “freakydeaky.”.

ash360: Yep. Andy & Alex are like a washing machine with their cycle. But they’re anything but clean.

everyone who reviewed: Since all of you commented on the 2 & ½, it seems that I’m doing my job. If anything, I live to make other people laugh. Fo’real.

I don’t think I’ve said this before, but you guys are total sweethearts for taking the time to review. I truly appreciate all your feedback. After all, it’s the only reason I keep posting. So I’d like to thank you from the bottom of my digital heart for all the reviews. You guys are AMAAAZING.



STORYYY.

It wasn’t a “Good morning,” or a “Hey, get up,” or even a “You’re gonna be late” that greeted me when I woke up on April 20th.

Instead, it was a screamed “SURPRISE!” that welcomed me.

“Huh, wha?” I said, rubbing my eyes. Looking around, I was struck with confusion because
A) it was still pitch black outside
B) an orange, glowing mass was hovering a few feet in front of me.

“Happy 19th Birthday!” a voice said. When my eyes adjusted to the strange light, I was able to see that MJ was standing at the foot of my bed. And she had a cake.

Sitting up, I smiled. MJ took a seat on the side of my bed and held the cake between us.

“Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to Andy! Happy birthday to you!” she sang with inhuman enthusiasm.

Still caught up in the moment, I sat there and took it all in.

“Um, Andy? I don’t mean to rush you, but my arms are getting a little tired.”

“Oh sorry,” I said, snapping out of my daze.

I closed my eyes and blew out my candles, wishing for what I always wished for.

“Yay!” MJ said as ribbons of smoke filled the space between us. But within seconds, that happiness was replaced with dismay.

“Oh crap. How am I supposed to turn on the lights?” she asked.

I clapped twice and the room as instantly illuminated.

“Hah, I forgot you had a Clapper!” she said, setting the dessert on my desk.

“Jeez, what time is it?” I asked as she sliced into it.

“12:03AM.”

“You’re insane,” I commented, chuckling.

“Nope, I’m just super thoughtful,” she responded, handing me a paper plate with the corner piece of the cake.

After slicing herself a piece, she took a seat next to me.

“You didn’t have to go through all this trouble, you know,” I said, feeling kind of guilty. After all, she’s bought a cake, decorated it with candles, and navigated through my house at midnight when I would have been satisfied with a simple ‘OMFG! Happy Birthday Andy!’ text.

“Psh. Like hell I didn’t. You’ve been my best friend for 11 years. I can’t not do stuff like this for you. I mean, the day alone proves that we were meant to be BFFs-- you were born on 4/20 and that’s pretty much a holiday for potheads worldwide.”

“I love your logic,” I said, laughing.

“I love your face.”

Smiling, we shared a bear hug before digging into our food. Since it was vanilla and coconut cake, we pretty much inhaled our slices.

After getting seconds (and thirds), our collective lack of sleep started catching up with us. MJ placed the plastic cover over the cake and crawled back into bed with me. I clapped twice, letting darkness envelop my room once again.

“Good night, Andy,” she said softly said before kissing my cheek.

“Night, Mary.”

With that, she snuggled against me and we fell asleep soon after.

In the morning, I woke to Mary‘s voice once again. This time it was “Dude, time to get up!”

“Whyyy?” I whined, burying my head in my pillow. “It’s my birthday. What I say goes, and I say that I stay in bed for another hour.”

“But we have a lot to do. I planned everything so we could hang out during the day and it wouldn’t interfere with whatever Alex has planned for tonight.”

“Alex doesn’t have anything planned for tonight,” I lazily mumbled into my pillow.

“But it’s your birthday, and he’s your boyfriend. It’s an unwritten law that he does something for you.”

“We’ll probably hang out after his band practice or something.”

“Seriously? That’s it?”

“It’s no biggie, MJ.”

“You’ve been going out for the past year, give or take a month or two. Doesn’t that mean anything?”

“Well, yeah,” I said, sitting up. “But neither of us is all that into the sentimental stuff. We didn’t do anything special for his birthday, either.”

“I will never understand you guys…”

I chuckled.

“We’re an enigma, wrapped in a riddle, wrapped in a condom. I don’t think you’re supposed to understand us.”

“Even so, we have a big day ahead of us, so get your ass out of bed so we can start it.”

Without warning, she pulled the covers off me and tossed them to the floor.

“Fine,” I reluctantly said, swinging my legs over the side of the bed. Tired as I was, I knew better than to fight against MJ. When she had her mind set on something, nothing, not even a speeding train could derail her.

“But can I take a shower before the festivities begin?”

“Why, of course.”

She did a little bow, paving the way for me as I made my way to the bathroom. When I returned, I saw that MJ had laid out clothes for me to wear: a navy blue v-neck and a pair of grey skinny jeans. Appreciative of her thoughtfulness, I quickly changed into the clothes and met her downstairs.

“Your mom called to say ‘Happy Birthday’ while you were in the shower,” she greeted. “She apologized again for not being home today, and that she’d make it up to you. I would have given you the phone, but she said she was on her way to an important meeting.”

“Oh. Alright,” I said, slightly disheartened.

It was bad enough that my mother virtually lived at the law firm. Nowadays, I felt like I heard her voice on the answering machine more than I did in real life.

With the best smile I could muster, I looked up at MJ, as if her news hadn’t phased me.

“So what’s the game plan for today?”

“That’s for me to know and you to find out.”

Our first stop was brunch at Ihop. After treating me to Belgian waffles, we stopped by the local mini golf course and played a few rounds. Once we finished up there, we hit up LaserQuest and played a few complimentary games of laser tag (Kenny’s dad owns the place). Then we went back to my house for a Molly Ringwald movie marathon.

At around midnight, we were finishing up ‘Sixteen Candles.’

“Happy birthday, Samantha,” Jake quietly said as the candles on the cake lit the space between them. Make a wish.”

Sam hesitated for a moment, then looked up at him.

“It already came true…”

I internally sighed as their cliché kiss unfolded onscreen.

Credits rolled as their lips remained pressed against one another. MJ got up to take the DVD out, fittingly singing “A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More ‘Touch Me’.”

“Sleepin on your folks porch again, dreaming…”

And although I’d never admit it, MJ was right. It would have been nice if a boy had remembered my birthday.

“I don’t blame you for being you, but you can’t blame me for hating it…”

Oh, the irony.


+++++
So Andy's finally showing some diassapointment in regards to her relationship with Alex.
What does that mean?
Only time will tell.

Hint: Time will go by a lot faster if you RATE & REVIEW.

Again, thank you to everyone who reviewed & rated the last chapter.
But this overall story is still "Unrated" according to Ficwad.
So please rate.
Pretty please with a sugared Barakat on top.
;)
Sign up to rate and review this story