Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Jamais Vu

Grand Theft Autumn

by killxsmile 6 reviews

"Where is your boy tonight? I hope he is a gentleman."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-06-29 - Updated: 2009-06-29 - 846 words

2Ambiance
Author's Note: Sorry about being so late about this one.

THANK YOUS
ash360: That's exactly why MJ doesn't understand Andrea's relationship with Alex.

Tissamy: Hmm. Alextojackness sounds good to me ;)

tonytay113: Aww, thank you for rating, yo! You're more fabulous than the drag queens I saw at the gay pride parade yesterday. And trust me, they were fabulous.

ohsotay23: Sweet! New reader! I hope to hear more from you.



STORY BELOW

As I finished up the last of my calculus homework, I noticed my phone blinking in the corner of my eye. Putting my calculator down, I reached over to my bedside table and picked it up.

you busy tonight?---alexxx

Skewing my mouth to the side, I typed a response.

no. why?

Within seconds of answering, I got a reply.

i’m taking you on a date. be ready in 30 min---alexxx

which movie are we seeing?

we‘re not going to the movies. i’m switching it up tonight---alexxx

In text language, “???” was what I was thinking. As MJ so eloquently said, Alex and I were less boyfriend and girlfriend, more “friends with premium benefits.” In the time that we’d been together, the only dates we went on were to the movies, and he always told me which one we were going to see beforehand.

Though confused, I got ready for our mystery date. Since I had no idea where he was taking me, I decided to wear a flowy white tank top, an oversized grey sweater, a pair of plum tights, and tailored black shorts. Not too casual, not too formal. Then after putting on some mascara and lipgloss, I headed downstairs and waited on my couch.

Instead of being the usual 10 minutes late, Alex arrived at my house 5 minutes early. And he had flowers.

“Hi,” he said, handing me a bouquet of daisies.

“Um, thanks,” I said, surprised. “They’re really pretty.”

“Not nearly as pretty as you,” he smoothly said.

Blushing, I tucked the flowers into a vase that was conveniently on the table next to the door.

“So are you ready to go?” he asked.

“Yeah.”

Purse in hand, I followed him to his car. Once again, he surprised me by opening the passenger’s side.

Smiling, I climbed in and waited as he rounded the front of the car and got into the driver’s seat. He turned the radio on before pulling out of my driveway and Grand Theft Autumn coincidentally began to play.

Where is your boy tonight? I hope he is a gentleman…

I didn’t want to ruin the moment by asking what triggered his sudden urge to treat me so sweetly, so I took it in with silent appreciation.

About 15 minutes later, we arrived at Baskin Robbins. Alex opened the car door for me and laced his fingers with mine as we approached the ice cream parlor. Then, he of course held the door once again when I stepped inside.

Gaskarth could be a gentleman if he tried. Who knew?

“Welcome to Baskin Robbins. What would you like today?” a teenage boy asked from behind the counter.

“Um, I’ll have a candy rush sundae,” I replied.

“Make that two,” Alex added.

“Okay, your total is $10.56.”

Alex paid, then we waited a few minutes for our order to be filled. Once we got our ice cream, we took seats at the closest booth.

“Hold on,” he said as I dug in with my spoon. Before I could protest, he pulled a candle and a lighter out from inside his pocket. Then he quickly pushed the pink stick of wax into my dessert and lit it.

“Happy belated birthday, Andy.”

A dorky smile spread across my face as the flame flickered before me. It seemed that Alex was just full of surprises, instead of being full of himself. It was a nice change.

“Go ahead and make a wish.”

I blew out my candle, and he kissed my cheek.

“Either you did something horribly bad and you’re trying to make up for it, or you’re an alien who’s taken over Alex’s body,” I said, chuckling as I removed the candle and set it aside.

“To tell you the truth, it’s neither,” he responded with a smile.

“Then what’s the cause of all this?”

“MJ.”

“Are you serious?” I asked, laughing.

“Yeah. She said that if I didn’t act like the perfect boyfriend today, she’d make me wish I was never born,” he explained. “Usually I don’t take threats like those seriously, but MJ can be fucking scary when she wants to.”

“Believe me, I know. The girl is kind of insane, but I think that’s the reason she’s my best friend.”

We ate our ice cream with cheesy grins on our faces, but I couldn’t help but wish that Alex had done this kind of stuff without MJ having to threaten him.

A soft laugh escaped my lips as I thought more about that idea.

Like that will ever happen…


+++++
Reviews/Ratings = UPDATES.
Sign up to rate and review this story