Categories > Original > Drama > Rain Child

You Made Me Smile Today, You Spoke With Many Voices

by westie 0 reviews

She looked over her shoulder at me. Picking herself up off the ground, she apologized.

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-06-24 - Updated: 2009-08-27 - 737 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3
You Made Me Smile Today, You Spoke With Many Voices
Seth’s POV

Our first day of school in Chicago, and for me it was just plain weird. I didn’t have any classes with Elli, so I just slept through most of the day.
During my study hour, though, I went to the library to break the monotony. I sat down in the middle of a random aisle and picked out one of the books in front of me, reading silently to myself.
I had been there for a while when someone tripped over me.
“Oof!” the someone said.
I peered over the top of my book and raised my eyebrow at the someone. I saw it was Lily.
She looked over her shoulder at me, her shocked face suddenly beaming. Picking herself up off the ground, she apologized. “Sometimes I don’t see where I’m going, especially if I’m reading.” She sat down next to me. I gave her a funny look, which she seemed not to notice. She talked my ear off until the bell rang.
“So…can I sit with you tomorrow? At lunch? ”
“Uh, what? Yeah,” I said absently as I turned and walked away.
She waved. “See ya later, Seth!” she said, but I didn’t hear her.

I sat with Elli at lunch the next day, stuffing my food into my mouth at a speed that was almost humanly impossible when Lily plopped her tray down at the seat next to mine.
I looked at her in disbelief. Didn’t she know Elli would rip her to shreds for sitting at our table?
Elli glared at her. “Who the fuck are you?” She turned to her twin. “Seth?”
“I don’t know who she is, El,” I lied, avoiding Lily’s pretty eyes.
Lily gave me a funny look.
“Okay, then. Go away,” Elli sneered at her.
“But…he said I could sit with him,” Lily said timidly.
“What?!? Are you serious?” Elli looked at me in disbelief. I shrugged at her, not looking up from my lap.
“Go away, Lily,” I mumbled.
Her face didn't change. She glanced quickly at me, and looked down at her hands.
Elli laughed and leaned over the table, getting right in Lily’s face. “Didn’t you hear him, bitch?” she whispered. “Go away, or I’m going to kick your ass.”
"But I-"
At this point, I really hated Lily for being so stupid. She really wasn’t wanted, and yet she refused to leave. She was actually confused as to why Elli didn’t like her.
I stood up, tipping my chair over. Oops. People at other tables stopped talking and looked at us.
"Listen, little girl," I said angrily. More people looked up. "I've had it up to here with you. Fucking listen to me, okay? I don't like you. I don't want to be your friend. Hell, I don't even want to know you! So just leave me alone, okay?" I waked toward the door and stormed out of the lunchroom. Elli smirked at her and followed.

Lily’s POV

I sat there, stunned. The entire room was silent. People stared at me.
The first person to move was Leo, a friend of mine, and also the person who had the biggest crush in the school on me. Not that he was the only one. Several of my friends stood up from various places around the cafeteria and made their way to my table, following Leo's lead.
"Lily, what happened?!?" Jenny, my best friend, asked worriedly. She sat down next to me and pulled me into her lap.
“I don’t understand,” I told her. “What just happened?”
“They're just assholes, Lily,” Leo said, very blatantly.
I glared at him. “Don’t say that,” I said angrily.

Leo’s POV
I had had enough of Lily defending them when he had so blatantly tossed her aside like so much garbage. I stood up quietly and walked to my posse’s table. I stopped in front of them. They looked up at me expectantly. I drummed my fingers on the table, deciding. Finally, I tapped twice on the table. “Let’s go,” I told them. They pushed back their chairs and followed me out of the cafeteria.
“Let’s go show that punk ass Seth what happens when he messes with people like that,” I whispered angrily.
Sign up to rate and review this story