Categories > Original > Drama > Rain Child

Take A Breath And Softly Say Goodbye

by westie 0 reviews

I opened my hand. Inside was a tiny daisy, the stem completely cut off...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Published: 2009-06-27 - Updated: 2009-10-09 - 415 words

0Unrated

Chapter 12
Take A Breath And Softly Say Goodbye
Seth’s POV

I was miserable. I was almost on autopilot, not talking unless someone talked to me first, and only responding with monosyllabic words. Lily came up to me the Monday after I had moved out, asking what was wrong.
So I told her. What makes you think I wouldn’t?
She frowned and tried to console me. It didn’t work. I turned away, prompting her to stop talking.
She sighed and reached into her messenger bag. She pulled out something, and, taking my hand, she placed it in my palm. She looked up at me sadly and ran off to class.
I opened my hand. Inside was a tiny daisy, the stem completely cut off. I rolled it between my fingers and let it fall to the floor. I walked away.

I turned around and picked it back up. I held it in my hand for the rest of the day.

Elli’s POV
I sat in the doorway of my room, staring down the hall. I leaned my head on the doorframe, watching the kitten run across the hall.
“She’s so cute, isn’t she?” Cameron stated.
“Yeah,” I said, and she put her paws on my knee and meowed.
“Aaaw!” I cried, picking her up and holding her to my chest. “I’m so glad you got her, Cameron,” I told him gratefully.
He laughed. “Ah, but it was my pleasure, madam!” he cried, trying to bow but failing since he was sitting on the floor. We both laughed.
Cameron was so much like my brother, it wasn’t even funny. He was really cute. I was really glad he hadn’t ditched me once he was able to get around on his own. Maybe, eventually, I’d get up the guts to ask him out.
“Hey, Elli,” he began.
“Yeah?”
“Um…” He paused, sighed and laughed.
“What’s so funny?” I asked him, lying on my back and placing Lauren on my chest.
“I forgot what I was going to say.” He laughed again. I laughed with him. He was so easygoing. I loved it. I was surprising myself, considering how rudely I treated guys who developed crushes on me. There was once a guy who tried to ask me out, and I ended up giving him a black eye, just to see the look on his face. Ha.
I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t do that to Cameron.
Sign up to rate and review this story