Categories > Original > Romance > Sad Day For Tulips

You Told Them You Were Someone Else

by westie 1 review

I didn't know why he was laughing, because if he ever pulled shit like this, I'd be after him too, no lie...

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-09-25 - Updated: 2009-10-21 - 1069 words

0Unrated
Chapter 13
You Told Them You Were Someone Else

“There's a panther on the loose in Michigan.”
This was honestly the weirdest thing anybody has ever said to me to wake me up. Three guesses who said it.
“He attacked a little girl named Molly yesterday. She almost died.”
I rolled over, opening one eye lazily and squinting at the figure seated at my computer. I sighed and rolled back over, pulling the blanket over my head.
“Elli, I honestly don't care. Just let me sleep. It's Saturday, and I am so fucking tired.”
I heard the creak of a chair being vacated, and suddenly my blanket was jerked from me. I cried out, shielding my eyes from the bright overhead light.
Good thing I sleep fully clothed.
“Seth, you really are not a morning person,” she sighed. “I'm not Elli, I'm Lily. Remember? Plus, it's not Saturday, it's Wednesday, and we need to get to school.”
I vaguely remembered inviting Lily over the night before. The reason why escaped me at the moment.
I tried to get my blanket back, but Lily pushed me off the bed.
“Ow!” I said, rubbing my butt.
“Get dressed, goober,” she laughed. “We're leaving in twenty minutes.”

Elli's POV

During lunch, I saw Lily sitting at my old table. Seth wasn’t there.
I sat down wordlessly at Cameron’s table and began eating, occasionally glancing at Lily. She was reading some book. It was huge.
“Are you okay?” Cameron asked. “You look nervous.”
“I’m fine,” I assured him, my mouth full of turkey sandwich.
Ten minutes after lunch began, Seth still wasn’t there.
This was bad. Seth never missed lunch. If he wasn’t here, then he was probably off doing something that was a no-no. I was reduced to speaking to Lily.
I walked over to her table, motioning Cameron to follow. “Have you seen Seth?” I asked her bluntly.
She looked up, shocked that I had spoken to her. “Yeah, he was out by the water fountain right before lunch,” she told me. I sighed, walking over to the trash can and dumping my tray. I returned to the table and whistled at her. She jumped, looking up from her book again.
“Come on,” I told her. “We need to find Seth. There’s no telling what trouble that boy’s getting into.” She stood, put her book in her bag, and followed Cameron and me from the cafeteria.

We found Seth next to the water fountain, just like Lily had said. He was sleeping on the floor.
Lily tried to rush toward him. I stopped her.
“What?” she asked, bewildered.
“He’s high on something, Lily,” I told her. Her eyes got wide. “I’m not sure what he was smoking. This situation needs to be handled veery delicately.”
And with that, I walked up and nudged him with my foot. “Oi. Get up.”
“So much for being delicate,” Cameron giggled. I didn't know why he was laughing, because if he ever pulled shit like this, I'd be after him too, no lie.
Seth groaned and rolled over, trying to focus on my face and failing miserably. He struggled to sit up, and I grabbed his arm, hauling him to his feet. Lily and Cameron joined in.
“El,” Seth slurred. “Wat you doin?” His feet gave out, and I nearly dropped him. I wrapped an arm around his waist, throwing his arm over my shoulder. Lily followed suit, watching me for guidance. Cameron stood behind us, ready to catch Seth if he fell.
“Getting you sober again,” I replied. “Come on, Lily, we gotta find a bathroom. I’m gonna need a sink.”
His eyes went wide, and he flailed in my arms. “N-no,” he moaned pathetically. Lily looked like she was having trouble holding him. Cameron switched her places.
I sighed. Cameron and I successfully wrangled him into the men’s bathroom, which was just around the corner. As we walked through the doorway, I turned to Lily.
“Run ahead, Lily, and check to see if there’s anybody in here,” I told her breathlessly. She nodded and complied, scurrying around Seth. She returned a few seconds later. “There’s nobody in here,” she reported.
“Good.” I sighed again. “Stay out here and tell everyone that somebody’s in here throwing up. We don’t need Seth getting arrested.” She nodded and stayed behind. I picked Seth up, carrying him into the bathroom and dumping him unceremoniously on the floor. I filled up the sink with freezing cold water and pulled him to his feet. I shoved his head under the water, letting him up when his arms started flailing. He wasn’t fully awake yet, though, so I repeated the process. Soon he was able to stand. Now came the yelling.

Lily’s POV
I was worried about Seth. I mean, duh. Elli had said he was high! I had never met anyone who even did drugs, let alone seen someone when they were stoned.
A boy came up. I knew him from my art class, or something. His name was Michael.
“Hello, Lily!” He blushed at the sight of me.
“Hello, Michael!” I smiled back at him. He made to walk into the bathroom. Remembering my mission, I reached out and grabbed his arm.
“Michael, you shouldn’t go in there,” I told him.
He looked at me quizzically. “Why not?”
At that moment, we heard the sound of someone retching.
“That’s why,” I told him. He held his nose and made a face, quickly saying goodbye and running off.
I heard someone yelling. Elli. Then, the sound of someone being slapped rang out. Seth. Cameron came out laughing his head off, so I laughed along with him. A few minutes later, the yelling stopped, and Seth walked out, his hair dripping and a handprint on his face. Following him was Elli. She walked toward me. I tensed when she stopped in front of me.
“Lily,” she said, and hesitated. “You did good. Thanks,” she finally said. She even managed a small smile.
“You’re welcome, Elli,” I replied, also smiling.
She turned and glared at Seth, who cringed. I glared at him also, following Elli when she turned and walked away. Cameron followed, giggling maniacally. Seth stood there, dripping wet and still a little stoned, knowing he had screwed up big time.
Sign up to rate and review this story