Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Always Remember, Never Forget

10 Years Can Feel Like A Lifetime

by xPrettyInPunkx 3 reviews

Ashley meets up with someone who she hasn't seen in a very long time.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2009-07-10 - Updated: 2009-07-10 - 1038 words

1Original
The chapter before this wasn’t really the beginning, more of a prequel of sorts. And I'm not going to be updating this story as much as my other one. But I am very happy you guys are enjoying what I have written so far, hopefully this chapter is equally good.

ViciousHouse – Thanks, I like trying to come up with original story lines.

Xnataliex – Glad you liked it =)

musicismylife101 – Yay, thank you!


Ten Years Later

I was going to a small show tonight in the city with my boyfriend. It was going to be an awesome night. I loved going to concerts, it was one of my all time favorite things to do. Practically every weekend I would go to a show. Tonight I didn’t know who was playing, but at the same time I didn’t care much because as long as there was music, I was happy. I only go to shows that don’t have an age restriction and never use fake ID. Well okay, so maybe I did have a fake ID that I used every once in awhile, but who’s telling?

Anyways I was going with my boyfriend, Josh. He was cool, way taller than me but pretty much everyone was, so it never bothered me that much. I was just finishing getting ready when the door bell rang. I ran downstairs and opened the door.

“Hey ready?” Josh said coming inside.

“I'll just be another second then we can go.”

“Okay, no rush.” He smiled. I went back upstairs and finished up.

“Ready.” I said coming downstairs. We left in Josh’s Dodge Charger. It was a pretty impressive car. He got it as a birthday gift from his parents. Most kids at our school had impressive cars, actually. We went to a private school, so most of the kids there had wealthy parents. My foster parents aren’t necessarily wealthy, it’s just that they’re paranoid about public schools for some reason.

We arrived at the club where the show was going to be, and luckily Josh found a parking spot right on the other side of the street. We went inside and the first band was about to start their set.

“Okay everyone give it up for our first band of the night who calls themselves Fall Out Boy!” A guy on stage said energetically into the microphone and the crowd cheered. I had never heard of them before, so this would be awesome. There was already a lot of people there, so we couldn’t manage to get in the front. We probably wouldn’t be able to see much anyways since the lights were more dim than usual.

The band started playing, and a lot of people got into the music; which wasn’t hard to believe since these guys were pretty good. I needed to remember to pick up their CD before I left. They played about 6 songs, 6 really good songs. From where I was I could see they had a lot of energy too. The guitarist and bassist were jumping around practically non-stop and even the singer who also did the rhythm guitar was moving around when he didn’t have to be in front of the microphone. Bands with a lot of energy are awesome, it just gets everyone in the crowd so much more pumped up. After they exited off the stage, I went to go look for some water, leaving Josh behind.

While I was off in my search of something to drink, I got lost in my thoughts and bumped into someone.

“Oh, I'm so sorry!” I said as I noticed he spilt his drink. He started laughing.

“It’s cool, it was just water. No big deal.” He looked up at me and smiled.

“Are you sure? I mean, now you’re all wet and I'm sorry.” I said embarrassed.

“Positive, I sort of needed it anyways after being up on stage.” He shrugged.

“Oh, you were in the band that just played? You guys were awesome, what do you play? I couldn’t really see from the back of the room.”

“I sing and play rhythm guitar.” He said matter-of-factly.

“You were awesome; your voice is just amazing. You probably get that a lot though, huh? What’s your name?” I asked.

“Thanks and my name’s Patrick.” I spaced out a little after he said his name. Patrick. Suddenly, all my memories of when I was younger came rushing back to me. Memories of me, Patrick, Pete, Andy, Joe and all the fun we used to have. There was no way this could be the same Patrick, although, he does look similar- “Hey, are you okay?” Patrick said waving a hand in front of my face.

“Oh, yeah I'm sorry. I just spaced out a little, you’re name it just reminds me of some friends I used to know when I was younger.”

“So what’s your name?”

“Ashley.” I smiled and he seemed to look a little thoughtful.

“Pretty name.” He laughed.

“What’s so funny?”

“Nothing, it’s just that you said my name reminded you of someone you knew and you’re name reminds me of someone I once knew too.”

“Really? That’s odd.” I said, “What’s your last name?”

“Stump.” I widened my eyes and I could feel the biggest grin spread across my face. I launched myself at him and wrapped him in a hug. I didn’t even have to tell him my last name, I could just tell he knew as he hugged back.

“I missed you.” I whispered.

“I missed you too, Ash.” We stayed in a hug for a while longer and then looked at each other. “How’ve you been?” He asked.

“I’ve been great, how about you? Well obviously good since you’re in a band.” I said, chuckling.

“Yeah.” He said laughing as well and then stopped, but a huge grin was on his face still. He grabbed my wrist and lead me to the other side of the room and out the back door.

“Where are we going?” I asked, really confused.

“You’ll see.” Was all he said.
Sign up to rate and review this story