Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Always Remember, Never Forget

Family Reunion

by xPrettyInPunkx 2 reviews

Ashley sees Pete, Andy, and Joe again.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2009-10-19 - Updated: 2009-10-20 - 1436 words

0Unrated
Sorry for my absence. I haven’t had any writing inspiration lately. But I hope you guys still enjoy this story either way.

Oh, and I don’t know anything about the schools listed, so don’t take what I say for real. You shouldn’t do that with anything I write actually.


Patrick led me out back to a van where some other guys were loading instruments and amps into the back.

“Guys,” Patrick said, getting everyone’s attention.

“What’s up ‘Trick?” A guy with short black hair asked and then noticed me. “Who’s this?” he asked.

“This,” Patrick said motioning towards me, “Is Ashley.”

“Hey.” I said smiling and waving to everyone. Some of them looked familiar, but I couldn’t remember where I might’ve seen them before.

“Nice name.” A guy with straight brown hair and a lip ring said. He smiled, “It reminds me of someone we used to know.” Then he looked over to the other guys.

I looked at him for awhile, and then it hit me. “Andy Hurley?” I said and a smile grew on my face.

“Yeah,” He said.

I looked back at the guy with the short black hair and smiled, “Pete Wentz?” Then I looked to the last guy that I recognized and knew it was no other than “Joe Trohman.” I smiled, not believing what was happening. After all these years, I was with my 4 best friends again. I looked at their confused faces, and watched as Joe and Andy slowly started to remember me.

“Yeah, do we know you from somewhere?” Pete asked, still completely clueless.

“Nice to know you remember, Pete.” I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes. “It has been 10 years though, so I guess I shouldn’t mind too much.” I watched his face turn from confusion to realization.

“Ash? Ashley Anderson, is that really you?” He asked and I nodded my head. Pete, Joe and Andy tackled me in a group hug. I hugged them all back as best I could.

“Uh… guys, do you mind? You’re kind of crushing my body.” I said, laughing. They laughed too and let go of me.

“Sorry.” Joe said, “But it’s just so unbelievable that you’re here!”

“I know! I never thought I'd see you guys again!” I looked at Patrick and remembered what he had said to me all those years ago when we were so young, friends forever. I smiled at everyone. “So what’s up with you guys? How have the past 10 years been? What happened after I left the house?”

“Well, after you left, we didn’t do anything for a whole week. Then Mrs. Williams told us that we should do something besides moping. So we did, but it wasn’t the same without you.” Patrick said.

“Yeah and we all left soon after you did.” Andy said, “Patrick, Pete and Joe’s families were here, but my foster family lived in Milwaukee, so I moved to Wisconsin. I live over here again now though and go visit Milwaukee every once in awhile.”

“Cool, I really missed you guys.”

“We missed you too.” Andy said.

“So what school do you go to?” Joe asked.

“Amundsen.” I said.

“Oh that’s a private school, right?”

“Yeah, my foster parents are a little over protective.” I shrugged. “What about you guys? Where do you go to school?”

“Well, Pete and Andy graduated already, I go to Glenbrook and Joe goes to some Hebrew school.” Patrick said.

“Nice.” I wondered what time it was. I’ve yet to acquire a cell phone and watches just irritate me to no end. “Hey, do any of you know the time? I should probably go and find Josh soon.” I said. I had almost forgotten that I was here with him. I hope he won’t be too upset I ditched him.

“It’s almost 10:30pm.” Pete said. “Who’s Josh?”

“Josh is my boyfriend; I came here tonight with him.” I said and everyone nodded. “So I guess I'll see you guys later?” I half smiled.

“Yeah, what’s your cell number?” Pete asked.

“No cell phone, but I'll give you my home number.” I said.

I told them my number as each of them typed it in their phones. I'm gonna need to work on my persuasion skills, because I'm probably the only teenager who is cell phone less. Well, maybe not, but unless my folks want the lines tied up all the time then it would be the best thing to do because I know I'm going to be talking to them all the time now.

“Bye, guys.” I waved to them and walked back inside the building. I looked around for Josh and realized there was fewer people here than before I left. I guessed the show was over and went out front to see if I could find Josh out there. I looked around and I didn’t even see his car there anymore. “Fuck.” I muttered under my breath. I sighed and started walking around to the back of the building again. Maybe the guys could give me a ride home.

I looked around the corner and sure enough, their van was still there. I saw Andy look over in my direction.

“Ashley? What are you doing here? I thought you went looking for Jake?” Andy asked.

“His name is Josh, not Jake.” I said and couldn’t help but giggle.

“Okay, well what happened?” Patrick asked.

“I can’t find him and his car is gone, so I was wondering if you guys could maybe give me a ride home?”

“He left you here? Some boyfriend.” Pete snorted. “But, yeah sure we’ll give you a lift, c’mon.”

We piled into the van and I gave Andy the directions to my house since he was driving.

“So he just left you here?” Patrick asked.

“Yeah, he probably thought that I had found a ride already. It’s not the first time it happened.” I said.

“It’s not?” Joe asked turning around in the passenger seat.

“No, it happened at the last two shows too. Except those shows were closer to home than this one, so I just walked.”

“It’s pretty dangerous walking late at night.” Pete said.

“Yeah, but I manage. I'm a lot tougher than I look.” I said putting on a tough expression and making fists with my hands, causing everybody to laugh at me. “What?” I asked.

“You don’t seem tough at all. You’re like a kitty or something.” Patrick said.

“Thanks.” I said and rolled my eyes. The rest of the drive was pretty quiet. It had been a long day for me, and from the looks of it, it was a long day for them too. We arrived at my house and I climbed out of the van. “Bye guys, thanks for the ride.” I said and waved.

“Bye.” They all said, and Pete closed the van door and they drove off.

I walked inside and went up to my room. I kneeled on the side of my bed, and reached under for the shoebox that was underneath it. I took the top of it off and smiled at what was inside it. There was a bunch of things from when I was younger, but I skipped around right to the bottom and found what I was looking for; a Polaroid of Andy, Patrick, Joe, Pete and me from that last day we spent together 10 years ago. I stared at the picture and realized how different they looked now, but at the same time they looked the same. We were all so young. I can’t believe I’ve spent the last 10 years of my life without seeing them. There was a knock on my door and I placed the picture back in the box and pushed it under my bed where it would be safe.

“Come in.” I said.

“Oh, Ashley you’re home. I wasn’t sure if that was you who came in or not. Did you have fun?” My mom said. Even though they were my foster parents, I still called them mom and dad. They were the ones who raised me after all, and it’s not like I knew my actual parents.

“Yeah I had a lot of fun.” I smiled. “I think I'm going to go to bed now. ‘Night mom.”

“‘Night sweetie.” She said and closed the door.

I got changed into my PJ’s and slipped into bed and slowly drifted off.
Sign up to rate and review this story