Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Just One Piece

Chapter 2

by emileepace 0 reviews

As the flashes continue, Monica gets more worked up and makes a choice she hope she won't regret.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-07-10 - Updated: 2009-07-10 - 981 words

0Unrated
I woke up lying next to a sleeping Leon. I had tons of aches and pains. I saw my aching body. It was covered with bruises.

Leon did not move when I got up. I slipped on sweatpants and a long-sleeved plain blue shirt. I slipped outside. I noticed a flash from the side of my home. “Hello?” did I have a plumber or something I didn’t remember. I thought I heard a noise. But there was no movement. I decided I was going crazy and walked down the street.

The mockingbird was humming, playing the tune of another bird as it always did. Kids laughed in the park by my home. The sky was bright blue with a few clouds here and there. It was so cheerful. I wasn’t. I had a stone in my stomach. I tried to make myself believe I didn’t know why.

I picked up my cell phone which was vibrating in my pocket. “Hello?” I said, flipping it open. “Darling, you’re not here.” A voice said. Damn, it was Leon. I wanted to get away from him and anything I had ever done with him. Why couldn’t he see it wasn’t working out?

“I know. I’m out walking.” I said. Then another flash; in the bushes. “H-hello?” I called out. There was no answer. Darling is there something wrong?” asked Leon. I shook my head. “No. Listen, um, I can’t… I can’t do this.” Oh my God.

“Can’t do what, honey?” he asked. But there was a flick of worry in his voice. He knew it was coming. “God damn you, Leon! Don’t you get it? You’re having an affair with your wife. You may not feel bad but I sure as hell do!” I said. There was silence. Then my ears started to pound as he screamed at me.

Affairs, he said. Affairs were meant to teach us. I was something special. His wife was scum. How the hell could I do this to him. It was all lies. I knew now; he was lying. There was no ‘us.’ There never was. Of course, he said there was.

“There is no us.” I whispered. “there never was.” I decided to walk another few blocks. He was in my home, he could do something. But if I went back he could do something to me. I honestly didn’t put it past him.

~~1 HOUR LATER;~~

I quietly stepped up to the door and saw yet another flash. “What the hell is that?!?” I yelled. No answer. Was I being watched? Was that a camera flashing? God, this was really creeping me out.

I opened the door and stepped inside. My entire downstairs was fine; the way I left it. I slowly walked upstairs. I hated to admit it but I was scared. Leon could be waiting up here. The flashes could be waiting up here.

The last room I entered was my bedroom. It was normal was well. There was a note on the bed, though. Hmm.

Dear Monica;
I’m sorry it had to be this way. But I’m not giving up on you. I never will. You just wait; I’ll come back to you. Please don’t quit work just because of us. I know it will be on your mind. But you’ll regret it. –Leon.

Wow. He did know me well. And it was true: I had been thinking about quitting my job. I was sure I could be a lawyer’s secretary somewhere else. But it was too nice of job to quit because of an affair.

I decided to come into work late. I got on my suit and walked out the door.

~~AT WORK ~~

“Monica Morrison, great to see you!” Chuck said as he walked pass me, a mug of coffee in his hand. I always thought Chuck had feelings for me. But h was short and round and kind of weird. I stayed away from him. I quickly walked over to my desk where there was already a stack of papers, folders, and notes in need of care. I picked up the first one.

“Hello, Monica.” Leon said. LEON? Damn! “Oh. Hello.” I said casually, focusing on entering a time into Lisa Harrison’s schedule. “About this morning-“ he started. I stood up and shook my head. “No about this morning. I want you to go to your office, please. I have work to do.” Leon shook his head. “You left me with no explanation.” He told me.

No explanation? Yea, I did give him a freaking explanation. He was so full of crap! Why, HOW, did I ever think I loved this man? Again, I regretted sending him signals he could have me.

“I gave you an explanation. Now go do your work. Call your wife and tell her you love her. And that’s the last you’ll hear from me about our relationship.” I said sternly. I knew I would crack soon. I think he saw it in my face and he grinned.

“I can’t lie to my wife.” he told me. I laughed. “You lied to me. I’m sure you can do it to her.” I said. “I didn’t lie to you!” he exclaimed. I looked at him. “Yes. You said you loved me.” He looked at me in shock for a moment, I had hit a nerve. Then he walked away.

“Yeah,” I mumbled. “That’s right. Walk away.” Suddenly there were footsteps behind me. I turned around- was somebody in my cubicle? From the corner, there was a flash. “Damn!” I growled furiously. I looked around. Good, nobody was in the hallway except for me. I crouched down and crawled to the corner where the light was.

“what is this?!” I gasped. “A camera??”
Sign up to rate and review this story