Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lasting Impressions

My Superglue

by killxsmile 8 reviews

He's holding her together.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-07-18 - Updated: 2009-07-18 - 1446 words - Complete

3Moving
Author's Note: I know. I'm pretty much the worst at updating. But rather than making excuses, I'll get right to business.

THANK YOUS:
somethingorother: If you feel conflicted about Paul and Alex, I'm doing my job right.

F-A-S-D: Alex really does love Chloe, but after all the crap she went through with Eric, she's gone back to being a cynic.

tryingtohard_x: lol. I sense that you're on Team Paul.

tonytay113: Aww. It's fine if you don't say much. I appreciate all the feedback you guys give me.

ash360: Alex is not going to be a happy camper when he realizes that Chloe's on the BLG bus.

doyleangel: Being on a bus with Paul is definitely going to shake things up.

STORY BELOW.

“Hey, Chloe,” Jack said, nudging my shoulder.

I sleepily groaned in response, and buried my head further into the fluffy white pillow.

“I know you don’t want to get up, but we have to leave in half an hour.”

I mumbled obscenities under my breath as sunlight hit my face. Then slowly, but surely, I stretched my arms over my head and yawned.

C’mon,” he said, pulling my arm. “We’ve still gotta get your shit onto Martin’s bus.”

“Me and Poolie already did that this morning. My stuff’s on my new bunk and everything.”

“Well if you wanna avoid Alex, you’ll need to get up now.”

He was right.
But that didn’t mean I was happy about it.

A loud sigh escaped my lips as I swung my legs off the side of the mattress and stood up. While Jack refolded the pullout, I carelessly grabbed an outfit from my bag and headed to the bathroom. After changing into a Say Anything shirt and a pair of grey skinny jeans, I pulled my hair into a messy ponytail, then brushed my teeth.

Before dumping my dirty clothes into my luggage, I fished out a pair of aviators and slipped them on.

“Hayaku!” Jack yelled.

“What?” I asked, confused.

“It’s Japanese,” he explained. “It means ‘hurry.’”

“Since when do you know Japanese?”

“Since I started watching Japanese porn.”

“Why can’t you just lie like a normal person would?”

“Telling the truth is much more exciting.”

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. My brother was such a freak.

After a few unsuccessful attempts of getting my bag to close, I finally zipped it shut. Then in celebration of the momentous event, I grabbed the half bottle of whiskey out of the mini bar.

“What the fuck, Chloe? The sun just came up like an hour ago.”

I unscrewed the cap and shrugged.

“It’s 5:00 somewhere.”

With that, I downed a few shots of Jose Cuervo straight from the bottle.

Before the tour, my tolerance for alcohol was already pretty high. After almost 2 months on tour, I’d reached the point where I could drink a bottle of JD by myself.

Jack opened his mouth to say something--probably for a “do as I say not as I do” speech-- but his cell phone conveniently interrupted his thought process. He immediately dug his Blackberry out of his pocket and started talking.

“Hello? Alright…Yeah, we’re leaving right now…Bye.”

“That was Bryan. BLG is already waiting downstairs.”

“Okay,” I said, tucking the alcohol into one of his bags.

“Sure you got everything?” he asked.

“Positive.”

We both surveyed the room one last time, then carried our bags into the hallway. After locking the door, Jack and I made our way downstairs to the lobby. A middle-aged man behind the front desk took our keycards, then I turned my attention to the four men gathered around the couches.

“Good morning, sunshine,” Martin greeted, pulling me into a half-hug. “Ready?”

“Ready as I’ll ever be.”

“Then onward we go!”

I waved goodbye to my brother, just in time to see Rian, Alex, and Zack coming down the stairs.

Damn it. I should have gotten out of bed earlier.

Alex pushed past Rian and bounded down the stairs.

“CHLOE!” he called out.

Before I had time to react, Martin pulled me behind him. Then Paul, Jack, Bryan, and John formed a wall between Alex and I.

“Just let me talk to her,” Alex pleaded.

“She’ll talk to you when she’s ready, so just back off, okay?” Paul said.

“Please, Chloe. I’m sorry.”

“Save your breath for someone who cares,” Jack said.

“Jack--”

“You better back the fuck down, because I’m 3 seconds away from kicking your ass.”

Alex’s eyes met mine, then he turned his gaze to the floor. In that split second, I couldn’t help but notice his black eye and swollen lip.

“I really am sorry, Chloe. It was a mistake. I never meant for it to happen…”

Should I believe him and take him back? Should I be angry and punch him out? Should I ignore him and make a run for the bus?

My head was swimming in all these thoughts, and I couldn’t begin to process any of them.

“C’mon, Chloe. Let’s go,” Martin whispered.

I nodded, unable to do anything else.

He silently led me onto the bus. Once there, I headed straight toward the back. After setting my bag down, I cleared off my bunk, curled into fetal position, and cried.

Come on, come on, come on. You know you’ve gotta--

I didn’t have to pick up my cell phone to know it was Alex. As it continued to ring, tears continued running down my cheeks. I pulled the small device from my pocket and hit ignore.

Come on, come on, come on…

He was never the type to give up.

We are together, made for each other. We can stand alone. And now no one can touch us…

Without a second thought, I took the device and threw it against the wall. It, in turn, shattered upon impact and the shards of plastic fell to the floor.

I wanted to talk to him. I never wanted to see him again. I wanted to forgive him. I wanted to punch him in the face. I wanted to run into his arms. I wanted to run away and never look back.

The more I thought about it, the more conflicted I felt. My brain was playing tug-of-war with my heart, and it didn’t look like either side would give up until I was torn in two.

I need Alex. I don’t want him.
I want Alex. I don’t need him.

I doubt him. I trust him.
I hate him. I love him.

I ____________________________ Alexander William Gaskarth.
I really do.

“Hey,” Paul quietly said, peeking in through the door. “Are you alright?”

I shook my head. There was no point in lying to him. He walked over and took a seat next to me.

“Wanna talk about it?”

I sighed as I wiped my cheek.

“Yeah,” I said, wiping tears from my cheek. “But I don’t know what to say about it. He cheated, he’s sorry, and I’m a fucking mess…”

“Hey,” he softly said, taking my hand in his. “I’d be a lot more worried about you if you weren’t a fucking mess right now.”

I offered him the best smile I could muster, thankful for his honesty.

“…What would you do if you were in my shoes?”

“To be honest, I would have gone back to Maryland.”

“Really?” I asked, surprised by his answer.

“Not everyone is as strong as you are, Chloe.”

While I sniffled, he wrapped his arm around me.

“I sure don’t feel like it,” I replied, leaning against his shoulder. “You’re the only thing holding me together right now.”

“Well you’re in luck, because I’m not going to leave anytime soon.”

+++++
Team Alex? Team Paul? Team Undecided?
As usual, it would be awesome if you RATED & REVIEWED.

Q&A #9: What are your thoughts on Nothing Personal? And did anyone go to one of their Myspace Secret Shows on the 7th?

I honestly didn't think I would like the record as much as The Party Scene, but I fell in love with it once I heard "Stella."

On the 6th, I was one of the crazy people who went down to Westfield Mall in Joliet to get a wristband. Even though there were a couple hundred people in front of my friends and I, we managed to get ours. All the crap we went through to get the wristbands, then get down to Mojoes Rock Lounge was SO FUCKING WORTH IT. ATL = SEX ON STAGE.
Sign up to rate and review this story