Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'm Nobody

Untitled

by jajajajaime16 9 reviews

Eh, shit happens.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2009-07-20 - Updated: 2009-07-20 - 1065 words - Complete

5Original

Later that night as Dani lay silently in her bed, Issac's words echoed in her brain.

How could you do this to her?

Nothing like her mother...doesn't deserve this...

Done horrible things...

Such a sick fuck...

"Why?" she whispered to herself, afraid he might still be awake. "Why did he have to give me any reason to feel the least bit sorry for him?"

She froze when she heard him walking down the hallway and stop at her doorway. Dani buried her head under the covers, praying that he hadn't touched the bottle after she left.

He sighed heavily and quietly came into the dark room. "I know you're awake."

Dani swallowed in fear. "Okay."

He stood in silence for a minute, glancing down at the floor. "Goodnight," was all he said before he left, closing the door behind him.

She balled the covers in her hand, needing to hold onto something. One tear slipped through her defenses and dropped onto the pillow case.

Such a sick fuck.

Such a sick fuck.

Such...a...sick fuck...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Shit, I overslept!" Gerard yelled at Mikey.

"That you did, Geebear," the younger boy said smugly.

"Ugh...can you just give me one second to get dressed?"

"One-" Mikey counted.

"Okay, okay, I'm goin'!"

Mikey walked back upstairs cheerfully, having proved his point.

Gerard groaned and reached down to the ground for some decent clothes.

That's got a mustard stain...when did I even eat anything with mustard? Those jeans have a hole in them...kinda close to the crotch...but they'll do! Hoodie off the top of that lamp...done! Shoes...where are my shoes! Fuck that, I don't want those ones! Oh, God, is that me in the mirror? I look like dog shit. Re-heated dog shit. There's my frickin' high tops! 'Bout damn time! Run fingers through your hair...good to go. Aw...I'm so gonna puke...everything I've eaten since Thursday...Grab the trashcan, grab it!

I get into so much shit...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"You're hung over," Dani said plainly when Gerard tried to kiss her at school.

"No, I'm...not! I'm just tired, that's all!" he lied.

"You're hung over, and your breath stinks. Don't I just have the greatest boyfriend ever!" she muttered sarcastically.

"Dani..." he started. A senior with a plate of brownies in their hands walked by. "Oh, God..." Gerard choked out. "I'll...see you...later..." his voice trailed as he tried not to throw up.

She glared at him. "You know what, Gerard, I had a few really important things to tell you today, but I think I'm going to get more help from that kid over there..." She pointed to a geeky freshman whose retainer had been glued to the water fountain by some older guys. "Than you. The guy who claims he's in love with me."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

And they were almost back to square one. Gerard would try to talk to her, apologize, get her to talk back, anything other than the cold shoulder he was getting.

But she had enough will power to ignore him, snort at his apologies, and keep her mouth shut.

Finally, in gym, their last period of the day, he got Dani to acknowledge him. They were playing volleyball, not like either of them wanted to.

Gerard had somewhat recovered from his killer hangover since that morning, but it still wasn't exactly in his best interest to shove him in a mix of taller, bigger jocks and try to make him hit some white ball over a net that seemed higher than it had been before.

"Hey! The ball was right in front of you, retard!"

"Yeah, that thing in front of you? That was the ball you were supposed to hit!"

"Make him sit on the bleachers!"

Dani sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. "Coach? Can I take him to the nurse? I don't think Gerard's feeling very good."

And while she was saying this, he stumbled over to the bleachers and moaned in frustration, flopping his head back.

"Yeah, sure, whatever," the coach answered, not interested in keeping two kids that couldn't play in his class.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"I'll get better," he mumbled, walking to the nurse's office with Dani.

"Sure you will..." she grumbled. She frowned when she saw how pink his face was and how heavy he was breathing. "...I don't think this is just a hangover."

"Sure it is...just..a...bad...one." He staggered on the sidewalk, grabbing onto her arm so that he didn't fall. "I'm fine, I'm fine."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Are you sure you can't go back to class?" the elderly nurse asked again.

"I'm sure," Dani said firmly. "Class lets out in half an hour anyway," she added for good measure. "Just want to go ahead and make sure he gets home okay."

The lady shook her head, mumbling. "Well, you can go ahead and contact his parents..."

Dani laughed quietly and dialed the Way's house number from memory, glancing at Gerard, who was laying on the vinyl couch, sweating.

"Hello?" a deep voice answered.

"Uh...Don?"

"Yes, may I ask who is calling?"

She almost laughed again at his formal tone. "This is Dani...Gerard's...friend. I'm, uh, calling from the school. He's sick and needs you or Donna to come pick him up. The nurse was too lazy to call, so I did."

She could almost hear his eyebrow raise over the phone. "Sick?"

"Uh-huh. He's got a fever that's just over 101," Dani supplied.

"Oh my goodness...well, I guess Donna can come over there and pick him up...Thank you for helping him out."

"You're welcome," she replied, hanging up the phone.

She sat down next to Gerard, who had closed his eyes and was shivering slightly. Dani gently brushed the sweaty hair off of his forehead, all her anger forgotten. "You're very welcome..."

So now Gerard is sick? God, what haven't I done to these poor characters?
All of this is spontaneous...which, I guess, means that I randomly make things miserable.
Please, tell me what exactly you want to happen with Dani and Issac. Depending on my mood, I might totally ignore your advice, but it can't hurt to ask you what you want.
^^^^So that means R+R
Song(s) that only sort of go with the chapter: "Here It Goes Again" by Ok Go and "Jump Rope" by Blue October

xoxo-Jaime
Sign up to rate and review this story