Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Innocent Like Roller Coasters

It's a Metaphor, Fool

by nicole_ownsxxx 6 reviews

blah blah blah. cabin, Ray, secrets. whateva.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-07-26 - Updated: 2009-07-27 - 1345 words

5Exciting
I sat at the foot of the king-sized bed in the master bedroom Meg and I were sharing. Frankie and Gerard were staying in the only other bedroom, which had two twin-sized beds. They’d refused to sleep together in the same bed. For best friends, they could be really homophobic.

The layout of the cabin was simple; there were two bedrooms, and the doors were right beside each other. The living room was adjacent to the bedrooms, and on the other wall was the kitchen area, with a stove, a refrigerator, and a microwave. At the end of the kitchen were two doors. One lead to another room, which looked like it had been added on and was completely made of windows and the other was the door to outside.

We’d spend the better part of an hour getting all of our things out of the truck. After we’d unpacked, eaten sandwiches, and laid around for a bit, Meg decided she wanted to go swimming. I, given the news that Jacob’s family not only worked at but OWNED Lake Leatherwood Village, decided to stay in my bedroom and lock the doors. If the rest of his family was as creepy as Jacob had been, then I didn’t feel safe being beside a large body of water.

“Lily, don’t be an idiot,” Frankie said, rolling his eyes. He had already had his swim trunks on and was lathering on sunscreen.

“You know, I don’t really want to go swimming, either,” said Gerard.

I looked at him skeptically. “Liar.”

“No, I’m being serious. I don’t do well in the sun, I’m much more of a night person anyway,” he said.

Meg, standing with her hands on her hips and wearing a fuchsia bikini and a pout, said, “Well, I am a day person, and I’m turning as pale as you three. And I’m not okay with that.”

I looked down at my own skin. I was pretty pale. So were Gerard and Frankie, though, I didn’t give it another thought. “You guys go, and I’ll stay here and watch TV or something,” I said.

“Okay!” said Meg bouncily, running out of the room.

“You know, I’m not much a day person either,” said Frankie, “but, seeing all those HOT girls at the swim beach when we drove by earlier was enough to convert me. I’ll see you guys later. Oh! And if anyone asks, Meg’s my sister.”

Without another word he took off out the front door after Meg.

Gerard looked at me and said plainly, “Dear God, they’re weird. Let’s watch TV!” He then grabbed my hand and pulled me into the living room, which was right outside the bedroom door.

He sat me down on the loveseat and next to me, our hips touching. He turned on the TV with the remote. Apparently the TV only picked up local channels. We ended up watching Spanish soap operas and trying to remember things we’d learned in Spanish class last year. After about ten minutes of our horrible translations, we decided that they were talking about feeding cheese to a woman locked in a laundry room. We thought. We weren’t sure, as we’d both barely passed Spanish.

We got bored with that and switched it to an American soap opera, which was less fun.

But, it was also hard to concentrate when I had this perfect specimen beside me, his fingers touching my thigh ever so lightly, his breath sweet, smelling like the Starbursts he’d eaten on the way here, his chest rising and falling with every breath. Gerard’s hip brushed against mine again as he slouched down some more, stretching out his long legs.

Eventually, I stopped trying to resist him and his powers of casual seduction and grabbed the collar of his shirt and kissed him hard. Apparently he had the same problem because he kissed me back with just as much, if not more, enthusiasm. One hand went on my hip and he ran his fingers through my messy hair with the other. My hands pulled the collar of his shirt closer to me.

I broke the kiss, but only to kiss his neck.

“This is nice,” Gerard moaned, before I found his lips again. He ran his tongue along my lower lip sensually, then he ran his hand from my hair to my face, to my neck, traced my collar bone and played with the straps on my tank top, then slowly inched his finger downward lightly—

“Whoa, hey, guys!”

We broke apart instantly, both of us blushing scarlet.

I looked up to see Frankie and Meg, dripping wet and wrapped in towels, in front of the open door, less then four yards away. I guess we hadn’t heard them come in.

“Uh,” I said awkwardly. I looked at Gerard’s face and neck, which was covered in red lipstick prints.

Meg, who looked extremely uncomfortable, said, “Well, Gerard, go wash your face and, Lily, go reapply lipstick, we have a visitor.”

Gerard and I went to the bathroom and washed off the lipstick, giggling. I didn’t feel like putting anymore on, and Gerard kissed me quickly and said, “I like the lipstick,” in a low voice before we walked back into the living room.

Standing in the doorway holding a cake, was none other than the bushy haired Ray Toro. I crossed my arms instinctively and looked down.

“We ran into him on the beach,” explained Meg, looking at the quizzical look on Gerard’s face. “And he started talking to us. Tell them, Ray.”

Ray smiled awkwardly and held out the pan. “Cake?” he offered. “No? Okay. First off, I don’t believe Jacob’s suicide note at all. Jacob was a pathological liar and creepy. He used to stalk my sister, his cousin, and always lied about. His mother was very protective and always trusted him, no matter how many times we told her. She actually looks a lot like you, Lily,” he said.

I looked up at Ray in disbelief. “Seriously?”

“Yeah, you have the same nose or something. Anyway, Jacob just got out of the mental ward a few years ago, after his mother hired lawyers to prove her son was sane. I thought you should know, considering…what happened at the funeral.”

“So, Jacob was in a mental ward,” I said. “Why am I not surprised?”

“Yeah, I know. After he got out, he and his parents moved away to somewhere no one would know them. He was…weird,” Ray said. “I know it’s bad to speak ill of the dead, but I never liked him.”

I walked across the room and hugged Ray. “You, my friend, rock. You’re one of the few people that knew Jacob that believes me.”

“You should eat dinner with us,” Frankie suggested, smiling excitedly.

“Yeah,” I said. “Frankie’s supposed to astonish us with his culinary skills tonight.”

“Uh, I guess I can, if you don’t mind,” Ray said.

“Not at all!” Meg replied loudly. She took the cake pan on it out of Ray’s hands. “You brought cake. Anyone who brings cake is allowed to do whatever they want.”

“I like cake,” said Gerard, reaching for the pan.

“I think you’ve have enough sugar today,” Meg said with a smirk, pulling the pan out of his reach.

“I like sugar,” he grinned, kissing me on the forehead with a laugh.

Frankie mimed puking to Ray, who laughed.

“So, what’s for dinner?” he asked, as he plopped down on the couch.

It looked as though we’d just made a new friend. Good.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Sigh. This chapter sucked, and I apologize.
Rate and review anyway.
Pretty please. :[
I’m not getting very many reviews, and it makes me sad.
The sad face is proof.
Sign up to rate and review this story