Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Storm Chasers

Chapter Three: We Left Them Behind

by xelcius2518 0 reviews

Nowhere to go, the excitement died down...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Sci-fi - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-08-01 - Updated: 2009-08-01 - 1091 words

0Unrated
Three days ago, the day he was called by professor Suhef, he was baffled much about the untimely confession of something he didn’t care about. But, that day was not a good day to be troubled. That day was the day he always waited for, the exact same day he wanted to prove something for everyone. Well, he hadn’t thought about that since the night…

As Frank exactly knew that today was indeed the day, he punched himself on the stomach just to make sure he was really wide awake. “Well,” he whispered nervously. “It can’t be a mistake.” A sly smile was building its way to his lips as he glanced over to Acro-bot at the corner.

“Goodness!” yelled of whom Frank had recognized as Chloe. “Frank! Are you up? You’re gonna be late!” she rapped on the door as Frank slipped to his bedside and opened it with a big smile on his face. “I know!” his excited voice raised a higher pitch.

“But, my time is one in the afternoon. Don’t you think it’s way too early?”

“No, an early bird catches a dumb and early worm, you know that?”

Frank laughed at another one of her improvised quotations she made by herself. He suggested once that she should have her own book about that but she said it’ll exterminate dumb people in the world. “I wouldn’t want them claiming my knowledge,” she laughed.

Finally, the clock started ticking its way to afternoon. But, before that, Frank did a little check up on his entry and found it perfectly perfect. “You’re not nervous, Frankie,” he whispered to himself, rather nervously.

Suddenly, a loud bang made Frank’s heart jump. He knew it was the door but the urgent calling after the sound made his feeling from excited to dread and worry. “Chloe! Art! Frank! Pack your bags quickly! We’re goin’!” it was Jack, his voice frantic and scared. Frank ran out of his room and saw a pale and sweaty Jack, his right arm bleeding.

“What happened?” asked Frank.

“They’re comin’. In an hour, they’ll be burning the house down if they don’t find us here. It’s better to lose this than our lives,” his eyes scanned every one of them, panic-stricken and afraid. Frank had never seen him like this before and his expression added up to a hint that he entered something that stirred the criminal world around. He did so a couple of times but never did it went to the extent of life-threatening.

“Come on!” he yelled as he found them frozen to where they are.

Art, together with Frank, ran to their room and packed everything they had on two trunks. When it came to putting Acro-bot into the trunk, he had an idea. He opened the computer and put Acro-bot in sensor mode in which it can connect to the computer without links. He channeled the little memory to a video mode and as he was done, he put it outside the door of the room.

Suddenly, the door banged open again, this time letting in uninvited guests. “Where is the boy?” bellowed a low-voiced, big man in black coat.

“Go away, Gordon, they’ve already left. You’ll not find them here,” he lied. Jack caressed Chloe gently, motioning for her to go away as unnoticeable as possible. She carefully inched away but, the big man, now called Gordon, stopped her.

“No one’s outta this place unless the children’s location is revealed,” he grinned maliciously as one of the two black-coated men went after her and pushed her back to Jack’s company. Jack shot Gordon a look of disgust and went comforting Chloe who was shivering.

“I told you, they’ve left,” his voice was sort of calm and threatening but it did nothing to Gordon.

“You should’ve gone with them, haven’t you?” he said, his smooth voice boring into Jack’s nerves. “Couldn’t let a couple of kids run away just like that, huh? Can’t let authorities catch them, can you? I don’t actually believe you unless you can make it sound more realistic, by that time, it was already too late,” he chuckled.

His assistants chuckled like hiding it but nevertheless, they were almost menacing as their leader, only by a strand of hair. Gordon eyed him from head to toe, narrowing his eyes when they met his. Suddenly, Jack felt a sharp pain on his cheek and he knew Gordon had punched him. Slowly, blood came oozing out from his swollen lip.

“Not so strong, are we, Jack?” he laughed. “Where are they?”

Jack stared at him angrily as he clenched his fist. Frank, who stood there, stared in fury as the man took another blow at Jack, this time, it made him fall over. Chloe knelt beside him as Jack crumpled in pain. Frank, thinking of what their purpose was, was red with fury as he watched them give Jack punches on wherever their fists land.

Just then, Chloe spotted him by the door, now with Art. She urged them to go; only her movement was unnoticeable by the big guys. Frank shook his head vigorously, not wanting to leave them like this. They’ll be killed if Gordon and the guys will not know where they are. Surely, it would weigh down to him, the conscience. But, her urge and the look on her face made Frank’s stomach lurch in dread. He felt weak that his own legs refused to support him anymore. He stumbled down, making a slight sound on the floorboard.

“Wait…” hissed Gordon. Every one of them stopped and looked at him. “There’s noise from around the house…” he said, carefully listening to every pound of hearts he can hear. Frank and Art stopped short, their breaths caught on the way out of their throats. Each muscle stiffened on their body as though they were petrified. As they found their strength back, they got up and exited by the window of the room. They jumped as quietly as they can and landed softly on the springy moss. They ran, not caring for the things they left, just themselves and the people that suffered to hide them. They ran, not knowing where to go, as long as their legs could carry them. Until when? Until where? No one knows…

i need more than three reviews to continue, till then. thanks... : ]
Sign up to rate and review this story