Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Storm Chasers

Chapter Two: Everything is a day-dream...

by xelcius2518 2 reviews

Weird professor calls Frank and... confesses...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy,Sci-fi - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-07-26 - Updated: 2009-07-26 - 1302 words

0Unrated
“Good mornin’, Frank. How’s the night?” greeted Chloe as she noticed him walk out the guest room.

“Fine, I guess,” he shrugged, smiling at Art who passed his way. “Where’s Jack?”

“Duty calls. You know how his work requires him from time to time,” Chloe’s voice dropped. Frank could only nod. He sat down on the kitchen stool and opened the plate cover. Under it were toasts, almost the same as ashes, just nearly turned to coal.

“Your work, Chloe?” he asked, amused, for he knows how she cooks.

“Absolutely not, dear. It’s Art’s; he said he wants to do something different this morning. I said make breakfast. Now, I’m starting to regret having said that. I should’ve suggested for him to mow the lawn,” she slightly chuckled.

“Lawn? What lawn? I thought you have none,” he surprisingly said.

“Rebecca’s lawn, our neighbor. I volunteered to work for her, our money’s down a bit, you know. You should eat the toasts, they’re getting stale. I’ll just pour you a cup of coffee to make up with the—whatever those are,” she laughed. Frank laughed with her as he took a bite from the black toasts, hoping it does not taste like coal. In fact, it didn’t. It tasted worse. Good thing the coffee was already on the table for his throat looked for something liquid to gulp down.

“I think I’ll have coffee for breakfast,” he whispered to himself.

After a while, Frank noticed that the kid wasn’t around anymore. “Where’s Art?” he asked.

“Going to his dad, I suppose. He said he’s gonna fulfill his dream, or something like that,” she laughed a bit. “I hope he’s not into more trouble this day. He’s gone through a lot actually and for a kid, I hope he’s not giving it a chance to kick back. You know what I mean,” her lips curled into a sly smile that even Frank felt her depression.

That day, three days before the registration day, he tuned up his entry for the Parade. Acro-bot seemed to be in a bit of a hang-over, as Frank calls it, because the MC Reader didn’t follow instructions as completely as before. But, he knew it’ll work out just right after three days. In the garage, he programmed a surveillance camera for the room to record his works so that if he does a wrong move, he can play it over again to know what to do. That’s quite a smart move for Mister Frank Iero, I should say, as the neighborhood was rumored to be a den for crooks. He didn’t actually know that fact but, maybe it was an intuition.

Anyways, up there, on a tree near the open garage, this little flying object landed. It was pretty small for Frank to see but, the leaves rattled. It didn’t catch his attention either, but the thing didn’t need any attention for now. It adjusted its red eyes that served as cameras to focus it on the man in the garage. It gargled metallic sounds as it gathered information about his subject. Then, it flew away, rattling the leaves again and this time, Frank saw it. Too bad he ignored that.

At last, the Reader worked and it left Frank alone for the whole afternoon. He thought of ways to entertain himself but it came only to day-dreaming. Yeah, day-dreaming was his hobby when he was twelve years old. He dreamed about robots, his dad, his mom, inventions and such that led him to being reprimanded by his teacher for napping in the middle of the class. Frank smiled at the memory of him, being fetched by his dad from the office because of that. He didn’t scold Frank; instead, he laughed and related his own same story. Frank really wants to find his dad, he missed him so much. He suddenly had the feeling that he’ll be with his mother when he finds him. That’s good, really good for a family to be together again. Then, if he wins the Parade, he can show his dad what he had made of him. They’ll be proud. His invention will contribute to people around the world and his name will be known. What a wonderful dream it is that Frank was dreaming. If it will come true, I’ll not be here to tell you about this typical story of someone who achieves victory because of a mere invention.

If you’re asking what I meant, I mean his dream will not come true that easy. Not in a blink of an eye, not that easy. Maybe I can compare it to fighting a beast with a spoon… and with four friends with you. Right, another four people. I’ll keep their identities secret. For now, let’s just look at the day-dreaming man in the garage. How it was too bad he didn’t want to know about the future of his future because he needs to.

Ring! The receiver rang so loud it snapped Frank out of his day-dreaming. He jumped out of his chair and walked over the small vibrating device on the desk. When he put it on his ear, a sudden loud noise made him shiver a little. There was static on the line as sharp as what sharp can be. “H-hello…” said a low grumbling voice from the other line.

“Sir? Can you please tone down whatever causes the distortion? I can’t actually hear you,” he requested.

“Sure, sure,” there was a little creak from there and the tone went normal. “There,” he said. “Can you hear me now?”

“Absolutely, sir,” he answered. “May I know who’s on the line?”

“It’s professor Suhef (Su-wef) from the ministry of Robotics and I need to know if this is mister Iero,” he said in a tone he never heard before.

“Yes sir,” he answered. “What’s the matter, sir?”

“You’ve been chosen as one of the one hundred competitors for the Parade. Your time tomorrow is one o’ clock in the afternoon. The estimated time to finish is four-thirty, the judges like to have it faster than usual this year,” he lowered his voice to a whisper. “No one knows why,” then, it returned to its normal but unusual tone, “Your number is 76. Good luck, and don’t tell anyone I told you that. You’re the only one I’ve confessed upon,” and he hung up.

Frank put the little device down as he reflected on what had happened. Yes, he was chosen but… what does that man meant when he said the judges wanted to have it faster than usual this year? Why in the world did he have to tell it only to him and no one else? Is there a reason for that or professor Suhef just felt like it? Wait… was he beginning to think like Jack? All these mysterious stuff made his insides churn in an unexplained doubt over the Parade. Should he back out? No, that would be a show off of cowardliness. That wouldn’t be good.

i have one request, the only request i want this time. i've never done this before but, i'll do it. my ideas are running out for intervening scenes. my idea came from movies and i've ran out of movies to watch. there's a shop nearby where i can rent copies so, if you have something in mind to make me watch, just suggest it to me. don't worry about anything... i'm on it, the money. i won't request anything more than titles. review it to this chapter... tnx...
Sign up to rate and review this story