Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and The Power of The Coven

Of Requests

by alternatepersona27 1 review

AU Severitus HP/HG, SS/OFC, Eventual Character Death

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Dumbledore - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2009-08-03 - Updated: 2009-08-15 - 2046 words

2Original
Hey everyone. Another fun one. This is by request of one of my best friends. She saw ‘From an Independent School to Hogwarts’ and wanted one too. So here is another AU Mary Sue/RP fic by Frankie.

Summary: When the curse on the position of DADA Teacher claims another victim (not that anyone, except maybe Malfoy, was sorry to see Umbridge go) and as the war with Voldemort escalates, Dumbledore decides that he needs to bring new blood to the faculty. And, after the farce in the Department of Mysteries, that Harry need training if he is going to face the Dark Lord and live. So he calls upon allies from the first war, The Summer Coven to help him.

Main Pairings: SSxOC, HPxHG, NLxLL, possibly DMxCC

It’s canon until the end of OotP. Instead of Sirius dying, Ginny falls through the veil. And Lucius didn’t get arrested in the DoM. This obviously means that canon pairings for HBP and DH are Sir Not Appearing In This Fic. You will just have to figure them out on your own, because I am not telling you. And those of you who know my ship, this will not be a shipper fic for me so… Also there might be slight Ron bashing, so be forewarned…

I present to you: The Coven

Chapter 1 – Of Requests


The tall blonde woman sat hunched over a craved oak desk. She was wearing long black robes over a billowy black silk skirt and bodice. Her legs were crossed at the ankle and tucked under her chair, allowing a glimpse of her heeled black boots (Elphaba boots). The scratch of her quill against parchment was the only sound in the room.

Scratch…
Scratch…
Scratch…

She lifted the silver-tipped feather from the thick paper and placed it into the inkwell that sat by her right hand. Clink. The pen filled once again with the smooth black liquid, but, before she could lift it out of the glass receptacle, a sharp tap echoed through the small study. She stiffened and glanced over her right shoulder at the window. A large tawny owl sat on a branch just outside, staring at her with round and bugling eyes. Her brow furrowed.

“What on earth…”

She stood, her stormy eyes narrowed. She crossed the small third-story room, her steps muffled by the rug that covered the oaken floor. She went to unlatch the window and, opening one side, leaned out. The owl blinked. With a sudden rush of wind that blew her exceedingly long hair into her face, the owl hopped into the air and glided over her head. She sighed in exasperation. Muttering to herself, she pulled the window shut and followed the night-hunter across the room. Hanging loosely from its leg, a small, thick envelope swung dangerously close to her still wet and un-sanded letter. She quickly removed the offending object, in hopes of saving herself the ink, time, and paper that a re-write would take. Looking down, emerald green ink stared back at her.

Miss Ariadne Aureus
The Master Bedroom
9 Summer Street
Salem, MA 01970

She rolled her eyes. Using her long, sharp index nail, she slit the top of the envelope and slipped out the folded parchment. Unfolding it, more green ink met her gaze:

To Miss Ariadne Aureus
The Master Bedroom
9 Summer Street
Salem, MA 01970

Dear Miss Aureus,

As headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, I would like to, once again, extend to you and your sisters an offer of employment. For some time now, I have thought it necessary to implement certain measures at this school in order to keep the students and faculty safe and to prepare the community for the war with Voldemort, which will certainly commence soon. The art of Coven Magic has long since been lost to our small island and I believe that its revival will be of great assistance to our young Harry in his fight against the Dark Lord and his followers. Your many other talents and abilities, and those of your sisters, would also definitely serve both the school and its students well. I beg you and your sisters to join me for a short time in order to meet and discuss the terms of your possible (hopeful) employment. I thank you for your time.

Warmest regards,
Albus Dumbledore
Headmaster Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

P.S. I am rather fond of Watermelon Sherbet


If the man was a Gryffindor, why must he insist on using emerald ink?! It gives me a headache just looking at it! However, as the plea the letter contained slowly seeped into her brain, superfluous thought was swept from her attention. The blonde lifted one thin, black eyebrow. So, he’s asking me again. I really should tell the girls. She smirked, refolded the parchment, and left the room. Her unfinished letter, sitting abandoned on the desk, fluttered slightly in the breeze made by the tawny owl as he departed through the opened window.

#########

The click, click, click of boot heels on wood alerted the four woman in the kitchen that their High Priestess was coming down from her study.

At the center island with a steaming mug of tea sat a chocolate-eyed woman with curly brown hair. She was pale with an oval face. Her slippered feet were hooked behind the bottom rung of the stool on which she sat. Like the blond woman upstairs, she was dressed in long black robes, under which she wore a pair of black pressed pants and a pale grey sweater. She had been quietly reading a small stack of handwritten notes when she heard the steps. She looked up at the doorway expectantly.

On the other side of the center island, a tall sandy-haired woman stood buttering toast and looking out the window. She was slightly tanned and had a smattering of freckles across her nose and cheeks. Her blue-grey gaze was fixed on the 100 year-old willow tree rooted just beyond the glass, but she did not see it. Her mind was three floors above, in her laboratory, imagining the brew in her cauldron bubbling softly. Her set of long black robes hid a navy blue Anne Taylor blouse and khaki slacks. She smiled slightly as the heat from the vent by her feet finally permeated her slippers and soaked into her skin. She was broken from her daydream by the sound of heels. With a quick glance at the woman at the island, she looked to the doorway.

Sitting at the round oak table, a thin, dark brown-haired woman sat talking to an Indian woman. The woman at the table had a thin face, high cheekbones, and a sharp nose. Her long straight hair was pulled up and back into a ponytail. She smiled and laughed freely at something the other had said. Her long black robes covered a pink collared shirt and pleated skirt. Her legs were crossed and she bounced one foot unconsciously in the air, the slipper it was clad in flopping back and forth. The Indian woman with whom she spoke sat on the short wall that divided the kitchen from the dinning room and swung her legs back and forth. Her slippers lay abandoned on the tiled floor. Her thick black hair was braided and her brown eyes sparkled with mirth. The diamond stud in her nose glinted in the light, when she smiled. A short yellow sundress was hidden by her long black robes. Both women looked up and shared a glance with the woman at the window before turning their eyes to the doorway.

As the clicking got louder the room became quite still. The blonde woman appeared in the doorway, a smirk on her lips and a question in her eyes. The four cocked their heads in response.

“Good Morning, Angels!” The blonde flashed a quick smile.

“Good morning, Charlie.” came the laughing response.

“Seriously though. I have some news for you all that I believe we need to discuss together. Coven meeting in the library.” ordered the blonde, her smile slipping away.

They followed her out of the kitchen and down the hall. She opened a sliding door and they trooped in. Sitting around the fireplace, they turned their attention to the blonde, who was now standing by the mantle. She held up a letter with green ink. They all groaned.

“Why won’t he just leave us alone?” the curly haired woman asked.

“I know Dumbledore has been bothersome in the past, but, Olympia, I think you should hear what he had to say this time.”

“Oh alright, Ariadne…Well, read it then!”

The blonde grinned and read the letter aloud. When she was finished, she looked around the coven for a reaction. To her surprise, the response was not negative.

“You all seem to be at least mildly interested in what the old man has to say, am I correct?”

They nodded.

“Alright. Is anyone horribly opposed to meeting with the headmaster?”

No one spoke. By this time, they were all used Ariadne’s need for a Quaker-like consensus.

“Good. Get packed, girls, and finish up whatever you’re working on. We’re going to Scotland!” She smiled.

“How?” asked the Indian woman.

“Well, Ekantika…I was thinking brooms. Anyone opposed?”

They all smiled. The group always loved flying over the Atlantic, though they didn’t get the opportunity to do so often. Each one stood and headed off to a different part of the house. The sandy-haired woman headed up to finished off her brew and to bottle it, before packing. Before she packed, Olympia went directly to her study to pack her notes into her letterbox, as she liked to call it. The box was about 8.5 by 11 by 5 inches tall (so it held a normal roll of parchment) and had an infinite charm placed on it so it would never get full. Olympia was bringing her work with her.

Ekantika went out into the garden to check all the plants and water them before packing and leaving. She could always take care of tidying her notes on her desk upstairs when they returned. The woman with the ponytail headed to her favorite spot in the entire house: the back room of the Library. She wanted to grab a couple of books on the Goblin rebellions to bring with her.

Ariadne stood staring into the fire after everyone else had left. She pondered her decision to show the letter to the rest of the Coven. Had she decided in haste? Should she have waited? It was too late now. Perhaps things were moving to fast. Maybe they should wait until the weekend to leave. Today was Tuesday. That would give everyone time to think…She shook her head. What was she doing? There was no time like the present! Carpe Diem and all that crap.

She spun on her heel and left the room. Her black boots pointed to her room to pack.
#########

Thousands of mile away, across the blue expanse of the Atlantic, Albus Dumbledore sat at his desk with an owl on his arm. He stroked the bird’s feathers and smiled to himself. Turning his chair around, he addressed the Phoenix on the perch in the corner of the office.

“Well, Fawkes. It looks as if the Coven is on its way. I just hope what I offer will be enough. Harry needs them. I cannot train him on my own.”

Fawkes trilled softly and the Headmaster’s tight expression loosened. He smiled again.

“Of course, you are right, Fawkes. I know I am not alone, but Harry needs these five, especially. I believe that only they can assist him in finding the power that the Dark Lord knows not. Do you see?”

The great firebird bobbed its head in understanding. Dumbledore’s gaze fell from his companion as plans swirled in his head. He needed to prepare for the Coven’s arrival.






[*Hey everyone. Another fun one. This is by request of one of my best friends. She saw



[*Hey everyone. Another fun one. This is by request of one of my best friends. She saw
Sign up to rate and review this story