Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Vampire

Pregnancy Taking It's Toll

by sickly_ill 1 review

“Do you hate your mother and her cooking? Is that it? Do you want to see me cry?” Donna sat back down in her chair in a huff.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Sci-fi - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2009-08-12 - Updated: 2009-08-13 - 3834 words - Complete

1Ambiance
A/N: I'm sorry if I've been slow in updates. I'm just stuck. If you have any ideas or suggestions you can reach me at crimson_heart52@yahoo.com or just review. Anyway, I tried to make this chapter as long as possible. I hope it makes up for my absence. XOXOX ANDREA. =}



“I was thinking, and did some math. How did you get that Nova when you were sixteen?” Michael asked. We were sitting on my couch in silence. “I mean, you would have been 160 something years old. It just add up. You’re supposed to be 27.” Michael explained confused.
“I know. I didn’t get it when I was sixteen. My dad was dead by that time, so was my mom and my brother.” I heard my brother’s screams ring in my ears. “I was 161 when I got it. I did see it and it was perfect. It was for sale for $2,000. Everything I said was true, but just the part about being sixteen and my dad and stuff. He did tell me what to bring on the road when I was six. I just remembered from that time.” I explained. It was still hard for me to talk about my family, but I felt it was necessary to in this situation. Or else I wouldn’t have said anything at all.
“Why did you lie?” Michael asked.
“Because I didn’t know you that well, and I didn’t want to scare you off by my insanity. I mean, I wanted to get to know you better before I told you.” I looked at him. He nodded understandingly. “I didn’t know you were an angel.” I shrugged.
“Well, I knew all about you.” Michael smirked. “It’s kinda creepy, but I needed to know everything.” Michael smiled at me. I frowned and felt tears well up in my eyes. “Are you okay?” He asked concern strewn across his face. I shook my head. “Well, what’s wrong? Did I say something?” He asked. I shook my head and let my tears fall freely. “Just tell me.” Michael took my hands in his.
“Did you know much about my family?” I asked. He shook his head. “Do you know how they died? Did you know about the little agreement made by my parents with Master when I was born?” I questioned. He just shook his head again slowly. “When I was born I was sick. It was in the cards for me to die and go up into heaven, but do to my parents greed and wants Master made an agreement with them.” I cried more. I felt my lap getting all soaked from my tears. “I was to live till I was twenty one, but on one condition.” I paused. Michael nodded and kept silent. “I was to be Master’s at twenty one. He knew about my birth and he was looking for a mate. A queen, someone to stand next to him. He was an heir to the crown. After his father died he was automatically the eldest among us all. And me but a little girl to him. Someone he could do whatever he wanted with. A little doll to him. The things he made me do.” Images and flash backs took me back to everything.
“My dad hid me for a while. To protect me. I didn’t know what for, but he just wouldn’t let me go. Six years later Master found me and he changed me. Changed my life, my point of view on things, everything changed after that day.” I stared out into space while Michael continued to listen. “Master killed my dad and mother, and I killed my brother.” I felt Michael’s hands drop from mine. “Master forced me to. He was right. My brother didn’t want this life. I didn’t want it, why shall he? I didn’t want to be the cause of his misery, so I drained him. I felt like shit. Now I carry his screams with me wherever I go. I have nightmares about it. I can’t let it go.” I scooted away from Michael. He stood there staring at me. No expression on his face. Total blankness was painted across his face. My vision blurry from my tears. “The pain never ends.” I frowned. “He was so good to me, and so was my mom and dad. And all because of me now they’re six feet under.” I felt myself about to puke again. “I don’t want to be like this anymore. That’s why I am the way that I am.” I wiped away my tears. “I’ll never live this down. Out of all the things I’ve done this was the worst.” I continued to cry. “I don’t deserve you, Michael. Please tell me this is all just one big dream and I’ll return to normal the minute I wake up.” I pleaded. “I’m sure this isn’t happening, but it feels so real.” I sobbed.
“It is real, babe.” Michael scooted closer to me and held me tight in his arms. He called me babe. I’ve never been called that. “It is real. No matter how much you think this isn’t, it is. I thought it was a dream at first as well, but it’s not.” Michael sniffled. I could feel his tears fall on my bare shoulder. His tears were warm. They traveled down my arms rapidly. “I know I don’t deserve you. You’re perfect for a vampire.” Michael kissed my shoulder. I sobbed and he pulled me into his lap. “I love you. I took the key, didn’t I?” He questioned. I smiled and looked down at his chest. And there was my key. Shining on his chest. We sat there on the couch in pure silence for a few minutes when Michael asked, “Phoenix, will you marry me?” I was shocked. Who would want to marry me?
“I..” I choked out. I was so caught of guard I didn’t know what to say. “I don’t know what to say.” I looked at Michael who was staring at me.
“Say yes. I love you. More than you could ever know or even imagine. I know I want to be with you forever.” Michael waited for me to answer. Did I really want to marry Michael? Be with him forever?
“Yes.” I whispered. He grinned and kissed me passionately. I could feel his love and passion radiate off of him in little waves. This kiss was just like the first. So rich and pure and powerful. Right then I knew I wanted to stay with him forever. I broke apart. “I love you so much. I would love to marry you. It would be an honor to stand by your side forever.” I smiled and I felt a single tear run down my cheek.
“Here.” He smiled and held his hand up. His palm was facing towards the ceiling. I looked at him confused. “Wait for it.” I watched his hand. Then a bright light flashed and I could make out a ring. It floated in the air and then landed in Michael’s hand. He held out his hand in front of my face. The ring was beautiful. It was white gold. It had a bright shining diamond in the center of it. “Hold out your hand.” Michael instructed. I held out my left hand and he softly grabbed it. He smiled and slid the ring on my marriage finger. “There.” He kissed me gently.
“This is beautiful, Michael.” I looked at my ring.
“I’m glad you like it.” He smiled at me.
“I don’t like it.” I saw his smile drop. “I love it.” I squealed and I saw his face scream relief. “Sorry I scared you there.” I apologized.
“It’s okay. I would have made another till you liked it.” Michael said. I felt special. I smiled and kissed his nose. He giggled. “We’re going to need to tell the guys.” Michael added. I nodded with a frown of worry. “Don’t worry about it. They’ll understand.” Michael smiled. I just nodded again and let him call over all the guys.
Half an hour passed and all the guys came and gathered in my living room. They all sat quietly waiting for one of us to speak. “So, what’s up?” Frank asked sitting on the couch next to Ray.
“Yeah, what did you need to tell us, bro?” Gerard questioned, agreeing with Frank. Ray and Bob nodded and looked at Michael and I.
“Well,” Michael began. “There is not other way to put this.” Michael paused as everyone waited. “Phoenix is pregnant.” Michael blurted after a few seconds of silence.
“That’s great!” Frank piped. Everyone looked over to him and smiled. “When is it do? How far along are you?” He asked. I smiled and laughed.
“Well, it is great, but there’s more.” Michael interrupted. Everyone looked at him confused. “I’m the dad.” He swallowed hard. Gerard’s eyes went wide, Frank’s jaw collapsed to the floor, Ray was rather calm, and Bob just smiled.
“Not so innocent now, are ya, Mikey?” Bob chuckled. I giggled.
“How is that possible, Mikey?” Gerard asked. He took the situation more seriously than I had expected. “You’re an angel.” Gerard blurted. “Oh shit.” Gerard cursed as he realized what he just said.
“It’s okay, Gerard.” Michael reassured his older brother. “She knows, and she’s not human either.” I bit my lip as everyone looked over at me. “She’s a vampire.” Michael waited until someone responded.
“Cool,” Frank smiled. I giggled and he just laughed. “So, she’s pregnant and you’re the dad?” He questioned. I nodded.
“You need to tell mom and dad. They always wanted more than one grandchild.” Gerard smiled. He suddenly stood up and hugged me. “Good job.” He whispered to me. He pulled back smiled. I didn’t know what he was getting at, or what he meant, but I didn’t want to know anyway.
“You guys are really okay with me being a vampire?” I asked in disbelief. They all nodded. “Well, this wasn’t what I was expecting at all.” I stated.
“Well, we’re kinda use to it.” Bob looked over at Michael. “Aren’t we guys?” He asked the boys, his eyes never leaving Michael.
“Yeah.” They all mumbled. Then a smiled spread across Bob’s and Michael’s face.
“Well, since you guys are here, Michael and me are also getting married.” I smiled.
“Shit, man!” Frank looked at the carpet eyes wide. “Anything else?” He asked. I shook me head. “Good, I don’t know how much more I can take.” He said. I giggled and he smiled. “But I’m happy for you two. It’s about time Mikey got rid of that Alicia. She’s just a frigid bitch to us all.” Frank grimaced. He then pulled me into a great big bear hug squeezing me tight.
“Thanks, Frank.” I felt like I was going to cry. I loved these boys. They were the only family I had right now. They were supportive and loved me for who I was, even what I was. I wasn’t some monster that wanted to drink their blood, but a sweet child with a wild side to her.
They stayed for dinner and we made plans to go to the Way household and explain everything to Michael’s parents. Gerard asked why I called Mikey Michael instead of Mikey. I gave my reasons and he advised me to call Michael Mikey. Michael was just so plain and boring. Michael threw some mashed potatoes at his brother and they got into a small food fight. Gerard saying his name was way cooler, because no matter how many times you say it it always sounds exotic and sweet. Unlike Michael that sounds too formal and boring. It’s weird, because I never get tired of saying Michael. Gerard is just weird.
Michael and I fell asleep in my bed together. Warmth coming off his body, kisses and his heartbeat. The next morning I woke up and showered. Getting on some jeans and band tee then waiting for Michael to get ready. “Are you ready?” Michael called from the living room.
“Hold on.” I called from my bathroom. I was finishing my eyeliner when he came in and smiled.
“Let’s go. You look fine.” He smiled and took my hand in his. “Now, let’s get on the road and get this over with.” Michael got my keys and we headed to Jersey.
The car ride was filled with unsaid tension and nervousness. Half way there Michael grabbed my hand and smiled at me. I smiled and tried to breathe while we pulled up into the driveway of Michael’s parents house. “Just breathe when my mother hugs you, try not to wince when my dad shakes your hand or pats you on the shoulder.” Michael advised me as I shut off the engine. I nodded and took a deep breath. “You’ll be fine.” I nodded again and we made it to the door hand in hand in one piece.
Michael knocked three times on the wood and I heard soft footsteps come. The door was thrown back to reveal a very happy Donna Way. “Michael!” She squeaked attacking him with a hug and a bunch of kisses. “Phoenix.” She hugged me tightly. I couldn’t breathe, and I looked at Michael who was standing behind us. He was suppressing giggles. I could tell. Then he turned his attention to a shadow at the door.
“Dad.” Michael said before hugging his father. Donna was still hugging me. “Mom, don’t kill her.” Michael laughed.
“Oh, Michael.” Donna scoffed as she let go of me and invited us in. There we sat on the sofa in the living room. “So, Michael, what’s going on? The Lord only knows you come to visit your mother when it’s important.” She laughed. I giggled and so did Donald.
“Well, there is important news, but I want to know how you’ve been. Dad? Mom?” He asked looking at them in the love seat next to the couch we sat on.
“We’re great, son, but do tell the news.” Donald answered. “Good or bad?” He asked.
“Good.” I smiled.
“Yeah,” Michael breathed before going on. “Well, Phoenix and me have been seeing each other for a while,” Michael paused thinking about how to word this. After he didn’t continue Donald cut in.
“C’mon, son, spit it out.” He sighed. Michael nodded and I waited.
“Well, we love each other. And we’re getting married.” He smiled. Donna’s eyes went wide. “And she’s gonna have a baby.” Michael broke the ice. Donna smiled and shot up from her seat. Donald sat there stoic.
“This is great news!” Donna squealed. I smiled. “We need to start planning. When and where the wedding’s going to be. Where the baby is going to be delivered. Oh, joy!” She clapped her hands.
“Ma’, that’s not all.” Michael frowned. “There’s one more thing I don’t know how’ll react to it.” Donald got his wife to calm down and sit back down.
“What is it, son?” He asked holding Donna down.
“Well,” Michael began.
“I’m not human as you would like to think.” I blurted. Donald looked confused. “I’m a vampire.” I frowned. “And I know about Michael not being human either.” I added.
“Oh,” Donna looked to the ground. “We didn’t expect that.” She said glancing up at me.
“I know. I’m sorry, but Michael and me really love each other and we want to be together.” I explained as best as possible. I was just getting mixed up and my words made no sense to me. “We don’t know how the baby will be, or what it will be. All we know is that it will age and grow. We also know that I’ll be giving birth up in the sky.” I said. Donna was still looking to the floor and Donald sat there motionless. I was surprised they haven’t kicked me out yet.
“Well, we’ll just have to settle with what is and what will be.” Donald finally spoke after a few minutes of silence. I saw his lips pull into a smile. “We’re happy Michael finally decided to get rid of Alicia and settle on someone genuine and true at heart. Even if she isn’t normal or human.” He laughed. I laughed and felt myself on the verge of tears. “Now, don’t cry.” Donald saw me wipe at my eyes. “We’re so happy for you guys.” He came and hugged me. Now I was crying. I rubbed his back and then he pulled back. “Now, let’s get dinner ready. Would you like to stay for dinner?” He asked. I wasn’t sure if we should or not. I don’t eat real food. “Oh, wait.” Donald realized this. He sighed and frowned. I sniffled and could smell Donald. Dear Jesus. I was hungry. Real hungry. I felt my eyes change and my fangs grow in.
“It’s okay.” Michael whispered to me. I turned to him to let him see me. “Settle down.” He grabbed my hands and held then in his tightly. “Remember who you are. You never want to hurt anybody.” He cooed. I nodded and felt my eyes grow back to normal, but my fangs stayed. “I’ll fly back to the house and get you some food.” He said standing and heading toward the door. I watched him and then ran to him.
“I don’t trust myself alone.” I whispered to him. I didn’t want to hurt anyone. Not even his parents. “Please don’t leave me alone?” I pleaded.
“It’s okay. If anything goes wrong get in the car. You have the car keys. Drive somewhere safe.” He advised. I nodded and he kissed me quickly. Then he opened the door. I stood watching him remove his jacket and shirt. I watched as he spread his gracious wings and fly away. Twenty minutes later Michael returned with two jars of my dinner. “Are you okay?” He asked as he handed me the jars.
“I’m fine. Thanks.” I kissed him as his parents set the dinner table and served the plates. Michael smiled as he broke from me and headed to the table.
“What’s for dinner, Ma’?” He asked.
“Good God, Michael, put a shirt on.” She demanded. He laughed as he looked down and realized he didn’t have his shirt on. I giggled as he sighed and went upstairs. Then coming back down with a Batman shirt on. “Thank you, Michael.” Donna smiled.
“No problem, Ma’.” He smiled as he sat in a seat at the table. I was still standing. “Aren’t you going to sit, babe?” He asked me. He used babe again. It made me feel all fuzzy and warm inside whenever he sued a little nickname, which wasn’t often.
“I need to heat this up.” I held up the jars and made my way to the kitchen and to the microwave. I placed the jars in there for two minutes. The whole two minutes I stood leaning on the counter tops. When the microwave finally beeped I took the steamy jars from the kitchen appliance and set them on the counter. I looked around and found a large bowl with a handle. It was like a cup, but a bowl mixed together. It was as big as a bowl but had the handle of a cup on it. I’ve never seen one of these before. I just poured the crimson liquid in and threw the jars away.
I made my way to the table and sat next to Michael with the cup in my hands. Steam rose from the blood. I could smell it. The sweet aroma fill my nose. I held my fangs back and fought my eyes. I looked around as everyone was taking small bites of their grilled cheese Donna and I made together. Every time someone bit down on the toasted bread I heard the crunch of the bread. “So, Gerard tells me you’re a very good cook.” Donna smiled looking over at me. I nodded swallowing the blood in my mouth before answering.
“Really?” I questioned.
“Oh, yes.” She nodded. “Bob mentioned something about you being a better cook. Saying my own boys hate my cooking.” She glared at Michael who was looking down at the table in fake interest.
“Really?” I looked at Michael.
“Oh, yes.” Donna smiled. “I don’t know if it’s true, but if it is I’m assured Michael won’t starve.” She laughed.
“Gerard said it first!” Michael shouted looking up at his mother.
“Well, he’s gonna get it the next time he visits.” Donna said. Just then the doorbell rang.
“I’ll get it.” Donald stood up and wiped his mouth with his napkin. He then sighed and walked towards the door. “Hey, son.” I heard Donald greet. Assuming it was Gerard I snorted.
“What?” Michael smiled.
“You’ll see.” I smiled and waited till Gerard entered the dining room. “Hey, Gee.” I grinned.
“Hey, Phoenix.” He greeted me with a hug. “Michael.” Gerard moved to Michael pinching his cheeks. “Hey, Ma’.” He kissed his mother on the cheek. She glared at him. “What?” He asked. I heard Donald sit back in his chair. Donna just stood up and smacked Gerard on the back of the head. I heard the slap when her hand connected with his skull. “What was that for?” Gerard asked rubbing the back of his head.
“Do you hate your mother and her cooking? Is that it? Do you want to see me cry?” Donna sat back down in her chair in a huff.
“What?” Gerard asked confused. Then I saw his face go to shock. “You promised you wouldn’t tell Ma’.” Gerard hit Michael on the arm.
“Don’t look at me, bro. I didn’t say anything.” Michael continued to eat his second grilled cheese. Gerard looked over to me.
“I didn’t say a word.” I took a sip of my dinner. He looked confused. “Ask your drummer boy.” I advised. Gerard shook his head and sat in the chair across from Michael.
The whole dinner went rather well. We all talked and had a good time. Then Michael and I had to get back to the house. I was really tired. Pregnancy has already taken it’s toll on me.
Sign up to rate and review this story