Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Personal Oxygen

Personal Oxygen

by SafeBehindMusic 4 reviews

*All Time Low Story* Four Boys + one girl+ high School= Trouble. My name is Celeste, this is my story. Oh did I mention I was blind?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Erotica - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2009-08-23 - Updated: 2009-09-02 - 938 words

4Original
This is my first fanfiction. Be kind. If you hate it you can blame my muse. HAHA!

Prologue

A dream is defined as a succession of images, thoughts, or emotions passing through the mind
during a state of unconsciousness. This was otherwise known as peaceful sleep. The term would never relate to myself, however, as peaceful sleeping was a luxury not obtainable to people like me. To the blind sleeping is anything but peaceful. Every sound, every creak of the floorboard or branch scraping against the window woke you up. Peaceful sleep, HAH!.

Another definition of the same word, conversely, is a wild or vain fantasy.

This definition seemed more appropriate when associating the word, dream, to
myself. Wild and vain, indeed.

My egotistical nature seemed to be everywhere at once as I closed my
eyelids. There it burned, the pictures that I painted every time I closed my eyes.

And suddenly it was as if I could actually see my own thoughts. Thoughts
that I struggled to keep obscured from myself. If I didn’t know better, I
would assume I was dreaming, if I dreamed that is.

Daydreaming perhaps? Absentmindedly dreaming while awake? Maybe.

Ah. But my mind was not absent at all. In fact, the image I was painting in
my mind was always behind my eyelids and was once in front of them. Perhaps I only wished for it to be a dream. When it was more suitably, a nightmare.

So for the last 10 years, that's 3652 days, or 87,600 minutes or 5,256,000 seconds and counting I've been blind.

My dreams aren't dreams at all. They are the brutal reality that is my life….

" Is this a part of your first day of school ritual? Sitting in the car in silence until it’s over?” My eyes opened to the sound of the voice, a reflex reaction. Eric sat in the drivers side beside me. I could feel him leaning forward in an attempt to catch my attention.

“Not exactly,” I muttered, facing what I knew was the tinted passenger side window. I knew the people passing must have been eyeing the Civic furtively, possibly waiting for the passengers to emerge. A task that I was suddenly dreading.

“What’s wrong, Celeste?” I sighed and turned towards him. I could not see him but all the same he should have my attention.

Just sitting here in the car, silent at as the grave, thoughts running wild, was a constant reminder of how much I truly would like to drive away myself and never come back. Too bad I wouldn’t be able to see where I was going. I might be feeling like this but there was no reason to make Joseph worry.

“I’m fine,” I lied, smiling, trying to urge his concern away. “Are your ready? You are my eyes after all." That was the worst part about starting at a new school. Well the school is not new but the surroundings are.

You cant imagine how disorienting it is to move from space to space. And even when you stay in the same building things never stay the same. A chair is always moved, the cleaning crew puts the garbage pail on the wrong side of the desk. After my second "accident" at my last school I needed to get help. Personal assistants are not cheap. But that’s for another day.

Today I needed to get acclimated to my surroundings. Naturally it always took a while. Thankfully my "special situation" gave me Joseph. That was a good thing for me but for him, not so much. Following around a blind girl making sure she does not die is not easy work. I mean I do pretty well on my own but there is always that asshole that eats the Red light trying to make me into a Celeste pancake. Or the casual high school jock that decided to play "Lets pick on the blind."

Once again I was torn away from my thoughts.

"Are you sure you are going to be okay. I have never seen you like this before."

"Joseph. I'm sure I'm fine. Don’t lose me I hear this school is pretty crazy."

Despite my effort, I know he was frowning. He could read me all to well.

“Sure. I promise not to lose you.” I heard the car door open and then shut. I could here his feet on the pavement and then not two seconds later my door opened and a hand grabbed mine. I departed the car in as fast a pace I could manage and walked a few steps until I could feel his arm link mine. I smirked and he could see it.

"What?"

"I hope you brought an umbrella."

"Why? The weather man said no rain."

"I wouldn't count on that."

"20 bucks says no rain."

"I'll take that bet." I said laughing for that first and last time that day. In less that 30 seconds I would walk into a building filled with offices, teachers, and more important trouble.

~~~~~~~~*
Okay so there you have it, the prologue to my new story. I decided to start to write a fan fic instead of only reading them. So let me know what you think.

As per usual with any author I appreciate your comments and your rates.

Follow me on Twitter Safebehindmusic and you might get a sneak peek to chapter one or check out my live journal. Link on the profile.

PS. I am usually pretty good with keeping schedule so I will try to keep to a Sunday, Wednesday post schedule.

Thanks for reading
SBM
Sign up to rate and review this story