Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Personal Oxygen

He is Using You

by SafeBehindMusic 2 reviews

See note at the end. PS Thanks for the reviews and rates.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-09-16 - Updated: 2009-09-16 - 1688 words

1Ambiance
So far the day was moving along smoothly. Things were fine with Jack and things were moving forward with Tyler.

Everything was looking up until Ms. Klein came to Jack and I asking for our chosen scene. I answered before Jack had the chance to.

“I think that we want to do the scene with them in the very beginning. The one where Romeo first sees Juliet. The one at the masked ball.”

“That sounds like a great scene. So you are both in agreement?”

I turned towards Jack hoping that he would go along with this.

“Yup. We discussed it for a while yesterday and it is a scene that we are both comfortable with.”

“Sounds good to me.” Act 1 scene 5

Once she walked away Jack threw a piece of paper at me. Did he forget that I could not read the paper.

Opening the piece of paper I noticed that there were bumps on it.

Running my hand across the paper I smiled. Braille.

“How did you do this?”

“Just read it.” He whispered back.

Friends Forever. JB and CJ.

It was short simple and sweet. I leaned over and whispered in his ear.

“Forever and Ever.”

What happened next was hysterical. He must not have noticed me leaning over because as soon as I whispered in his ear he turned around and we butted heads.

“Oww. Jeez and I’m the one that’s blind.”

“Sorry she was talking about ancient Greek bathrooms and how everyone say each other naked. Water plus naked people equals a distracted Jack. Sorry I bumped heads with you.”

“Its okay.”

I could feel him still staring at me.

“What?”

“Nothing. I’m just hoping that I didn’t do any permanent damage.” He said brushing my bangs out of my face and running his finger across the spot he hit. Ms. Klein must have noticed our lack of interest in her lecture because she called our attention to the front of the room.

“Mr. Barakat eyes to the front. Ms. Jones attention my way please." Diplomatic.

“Sorry.” I said turning towards the front.

“Yeah sorry Ms. K.”

For the rest of the class period Jack and I behaved ourselves. We kinda had to in order to prevent detention, though I don’t think I would have minded spending time with him.

At the end of the class period I heard the class moving around.

“Celeste do you want me to walk you to class?” Jack asked.

I wanted to scream of course! But settled for a simple. “Yeah. That’d be great.”

Like always he grabbed my hand and lead me to my music class giving me a quick hug before running off to his next class.

I walked into the room and took my seat in the back next to Alex.

“I really am sorry about this morning.” He said once again not sounding convincing.

“Sure you are. Besides is no problem. Jack caught me. No harm done.” I answered.

“Cool. So on to another subject my little slice of heaven. A little birdie told me that you can play.”

Time to play stupid Celeste. Now is not the time to discuss this. Especially in a music class.

“Play?”

“Yes play. But they did not say what you play. So what’s the deal?”

“I don’t play anything Alex.” I said the lie obvious in my voice.

“Okay. I’ll let it go. But I want you to know that I am persistent. One day you are going to slip up and tell me what you play. Either that or teach is gonna make you play. This is not a beginners music course. This is Music Appreciation level 4.”

“Is not.”

“check your schedule.”

I decided to do just that and after a quick swipe of the paper noticed that he was right. I must have palled a bit because the next second he was opening one of the small windows and fanning me with a piece of paper.

I didn’t understand. The school had agreed to let that part of my education go. I did not appreciate that they were suddenly trying to take advantage of this situation.

“this is unbelievable.” I said more anger and spite in my voice.

“jeez. Chill out Celeste. Its not going to be that bad.”

“No you don’t understand. This is going to be really bad.” I said placing my head on the top of my desk.

Alex left the subject alone once the lecture started and thankfully did not mention it.

The rest of the day went smoothly. Physics was physics. I actually ate at lunch while listening to the boys fight about some band I had never heard of.

I loved hearing Jack groan and complain in Math. And then when things were going great free period showed up.

“So I hear that we are going to be doing some work during free period today?” Jack asked.

“Well I know that we can go outside. We can read lines or something.”

“How about I get to ask you some more questions. Seeing as I only got to ask one yesterday.”

Great more questions.

“Okay.”

With that we made our way outside and into the courtyard. I could smell the fresh cut grass and feel the sun. I wouldn’t mind answering questions if I got to spend a whole hour out here. Jack sat me down by one of the trees, letting me lean against it. I heard him sit in front of me.

“So?”

“So what do you want to know?”

“Okay. Well. Favorite type of music?”

“All. Well I don’t like much rap music. I love Something Corporate. Andrew is awsome.”

"That’s my favorite band. Well that and Blink.

"I like blink. Heard them in concert a couple times. Get it heard?" I said laughing at my sad excuse for a joke. Jack laughed and nudged me a bit.

“Favorite color.”

“Today, Orange. Who knows what it will be tomorrow. Do you know that nothing Rhymes with orange.”

“Or Circus. But I'm the one who is supposed to be asking the questions.”

“Oh. Right okay. Next.”

“Favorite food?”

“Pizza. Chicken Parm is really good and I got a new favorite yesterday.”

“Yeah what?”

“We went to this Italian Restaurant and I had 4 cheese fried ravioli. Yum.”

“Tyler's dad restaurant?”

“Yeah you know it?”

“Yeah I know it. Next question. What do you see in Tyler?”

I didn’t like the way Jack became so dismissive. It was like he did not want to be sitting here anymore. It was not the most comfortable situation to be in.

“Tyler is just fine Jack. He hasn’t done anything wrong.”

“YET! But he will Celeste. You don’t know him.”

Now I was getting angry. Jack had known me for all of two days and he was already assuming that he knew me so well. Truth is Jack didn’t know me at all and no amount of questioning was going to change that. Besides what the hell did he care. He had made it clear that he wanted to be “friends Forever”

“I know him just as much as I know you Jack. Right now you are both on equal footing when it comes to me. All of this is so new and your guys machismo issues is not helping anything.”

“He is using you!”

“For what Jack? Using me for what?”

That got him quiet real quick. For a second I thought that he had left me sitting alone talking to myself. And then softer that the wind he spoke.

“I don’t know yet. I’ve seen things that him and his group of friends have done. I’m not saying that I am any better. Its just…” He whispered trailing off.

“Just what?” I whispered right back taking his hand.

“Just please don’t…”

Just like luck would have it the bell rang. Less than 10 seconds later I could hear Tyler calling me and then just as quick Jack pulled his hand away from mine and got up.

“See ya tomorrow Celeste.” He said starting to walk away.

“Jack wait…”

It was too late. He was already walking away. I could hear Alex, Rian and Amy telling him to put some pep in his step, they were late for practice and then I felt someone standing in front of me.

“Ready to go gorgeous. Our ride is waiting for us, you know Joseph. I asked him if he could stop by the restaurant so that I could pick us up some food for us. We have a lot to talk about when we get back to your place.”

With that he helped me up off the ground and we walked away. I could hear Jacks voice to the right and a little behind me. I turned around hoping that he saw me look his way. I really did not want things to stay the way they did. Sighing I let Tyler walk me to the car.

What I didn’t know was that while I was looking in Jacks general direction, Jack was looking right back at me.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ALRIGHT GUYS. BAD NEWS. I GOT INTO A LITTLE FENDER BENDER WITH A DRUNK DRIVER LAST NIGHT AFTER POSTING THE STORY. THE GOOD NEWS IS I AM ALIVE. THE BAD NEWS IS MY CAR IS TOTALED AND AFTER A NIGHT IN THE ER I HAVE A MINOR CONCUSSION AND FEW BRUISED RIBS AND WORST OF ALL A BADLY FRACTURED WRIST. I WILL UPDATE AS SOON AS I CAN.

HOW AM I TYPING THIS. WELL MY WONDERFUL BFF IS CURRENTLY TYPING THIS SO THAT YOU DONT THINK I HAVE ABANDONED YOU. DO NOT WORRY. I ALWAYS FINISH MY STORIES ONCE I START. I AM SO SORRY FOR THIS. THAT ASSHOLE RUINED EVERYTHING BECAUSE NOT ONLY CAN I NOT TYPE LET ALONE WRITE BUT I CANT GO TO DANCE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. I PROMISE TO GET THIS OUT THERE AND MY BFF PROMISES TO HELP ME TYPE IT OUT.

FOR A LITTLE WHILE LONGER,
PixieOUT!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story