Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Maylene

The plan?

by GalacticFTW 0 reviews

Unsure of the rating...

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-09-26 - Updated: 2009-09-26 - 1383 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2: The plan?

“We need a plan…,” Stan said.

“Yes… we do,” I replied. I thought for a minute. “I wonder if the number of beers drunk determines how many characteristics of that Pokemon?” I wasn’t sure what I was saying.

“Hmm… maybe…,” Roark scratched his chin. “If you want me to, I’ll be the guinea pig.”

“Nah, Roark, I’ll be the guinea pig,” Stan insisted. “I always wanted to know what it’s like to be a Purugly,” he said in a toothy grin.

“Let’s go buy some beers and hang out at my place,” Roark smiled and stood up.

“Great! My husband’s gym is awesome!” I smirked. Besides, my college is there as well…

“Let’s go – wait – how?” Marie scratched her head.

“It’s so far away…,” Stan mumbled.

“Umm… there’s a subway,” Roark looked as if he was about to laugh.

“I completely forgot about it!” The two said in unison.

“Let’s go!” I pointed to the west. We quickly walked to there and got there and got on…

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

On the subway…

“Ahh…,” I sighed and relaxed.

“This is nice,” Marie sighed as well.

“Glad we came on,” Stan smiled. Roark was already out in dream land. Oh well… I too, was sleepy.

“Peanuts and pretzels?” said a hostess on the subway. Roark and I perked up while Stan and Marie smiled.

“Yes, please,” we all said. She handed us pretzels and peanuts. “Thank you,” we all said again. I had forgotten they gave out them on this subway. We ate happily. Another host swung by and gave us some wine. It has always been the best wine I’d ever tasted! (And Roark is a wine connoisseur and he agrees with me.)

“Hey guys!” said a familiar voice. We turned around to see Gardenia and Wake. I had recently seen Wake a few days ago…

“Wake, Gardenia!” I smiled. “Hey, ‘sup?”

“Hey!” The two said.

“Enrolling in college,” she replied. “Nice to see you guys!”

“And I want to show her around! I used to go to this college,” Wake smiled. “Glad you came aboard, what are you guys doing?”

“Gonna crash at my place,” Roark replied. “If you need anywhere to stay, just ask!”

“Why thank you!” She smiled.

“Thank you Roarky!” He patted Roark on the back so hard that drool dribbled out. I cringed.

“Is the college in Oreburgh City?” I asked. He nodded. I gasped, “I go to that college!”

“Really?! Do you have a roommate?” She looked at me.

“No! In fact, I never got one,” I replied, scratching my head.

“High five?” She asked.

“Sure,” I high-fived her.

“Oreburgh City… in five minutes…,” a plain, dull voice said over an intercom. That wasn’t a very long trip. I looked out the window and a saw a whole row of nice columns. Between the columns I could see plants and trees… though it’s too brief to even recognise anything. This allows people to see out the windows instead of staring at ugly, grey bricks. I sighed and smiled. “We have arrived,” said the same voice again. The subway stopped and we got off.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

At Roark’s house…

“Well, here it is,” Roark said.

“Ooh!” Everyone said except him and me. Yes, his house is nice and clean. A lot neater than my house…

“Wow!” Marie said while looking at one of his fossils. “Where’d you find this? It looks like a skeleton.”

“I found it in Oriss with Dad. I call it ‘Aviloss’,” he replied.

“Have you thought about reviving it?” Stan blinked.

“Yes, I’ve needed to get around to it. In fact, we could all go to the museum right now,” he grinned slightly.

“Sounds great – let’s go!” Gardenia insisted. Roark picked it up as if it were made out of paper. I smiled.

“In fact, Dad might be there right now… at the mines, though.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

At the mines…

Just as Roark said, Byron was there… so was Lorelei. They were digging for fossils. “Hey. There’s my boy!” Byron grinned. “Ah! I see you got some friends!”

“Hi Dad!” Roark smiled as he prepared to get clobbered, in fact, Byron did clobber him… Roark hugged him back.

“Hey Ty, great to see you,” he shook Wake’s hand. “And you too, little ladies,” he smiled at us girls. “As well as you, Stan,” he smiled at him.

“Great to see you, too,” Wake smiled. We girls just giggled.

“Yes, same to you,” Stan smiled.

“Digging fossils is fun!” Lorelei sounded like a robot. “Oh hey! Didn’t see you guys there,” she smiled and greeted us.

“So, whatcha got there?” Byron asked Roark. He held up his fossil.

“Dad, I need the keys to the museum, please,” he asked. Byron just smiled and handed him the keys (did I mention he misplaced his?). “Thank you!” He smiled.

“No problem,” Byron replied. “Can’t wait to see it. Could we come along?”

“I’d love to see it, too!” Lorelei grinned.

“Then let’s all go,” I smiled. Roark jingled the keys and he led the way. I followed intently. I was curious as to what it this creature will look like, I’m sure the others are like that as well.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

At the museum…

“We’re here,” Roark grinned. It took us about five minutes to get there. He unlocked the door and flipped a light switch on; we all walked in.

I loved the museum. The floors were tiled in a shade of olive green; the walls were wooden-paneled with paintings and diagrams of prehistoric Pokemon. There were also fossils in glass boxes and cases full of coprolites (fossil dung), ichnofossils or trace fossils (tracks, burrows, trails, impressions, etc.), and replicas. But the greatest things here are the resurrection machines! I don’t completely understand how they work, but I believe they somehow extract DNA from what’s left of the fossil’s tissues and slowly build a living thing… not even Roark knows how they work, and Byron tried to explain the best he could but I got confused. It takes about a day to fully resurrect a Pokemon.

“This place is pretty cool,” Stan said coolly.

“Wow!” Marie blinked and walked up to one of the boxes. “What exactly is this?”

Roark walked up. “It’s a coprolite, or fossilised dung. Dad and I believe it’s from a Rampardos.”

“Interesting,” she replied.

“It’s neat because you can actually see what the Pokemon’s diet was then, it’s even more interesting under a microscope,” Byron smiled.

“And this is?” Gardenia pointed to a different case.

“That’s an ichnofossil, a type trace fossil, this one happens to be tracks of a Pokemon. Dad and I haven’t figured out what it is just yet…,” he shrugged. To me, it looked Cranidos-like.

“Now I like this one,” Stan pointed to the fossilised leaf. “Do you know what kind of plant this is?” It was long and skinny and all of the fibres pointed in one directions: upwards.

“I think it’s a horsetail,” Roark replied. “They aren’t completely extinct, let me tell you that,” he chuckled. “I bet anyone could find one if they looked around.”

“Fascinating…,” Wake mused.

“Over here we have all different layers of mud just found outside of here,” Lorelei led us to this. “The bottom layers are always the oldest while the top ones are always the youngest. A good way to remember this is when someone takes a glass bottle and pours different coloured sand into it,” she smiled. We all nodded. “Now, onto the resurrection machine!” She grinned while pointing, and walking towards that direction. We happily followed.

“Here they are,” Roark grinned. He went up to one of the machines and turned in on. Like it weighed nothing, he put it into the machine and the door. “So, shall we go back to my house?”

“Sure thing,” Stan grinned.

“I have to take Gardenia to the college, though. So, I’ll see you guys later.”

“Bye guys!” Gardenia smiled.

“Goodbye!” Wake smiled.

“Bye!” We all said. They walked off.

“Let’s go,” he walked off and we followed. I couldn’t wait to see the fossil!
Sign up to rate and review this story