Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > Lucian, M.D.

Carcass

by GalacticFTW 0 reviews

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-10-02 - Updated: 2009-10-03 - 1047 words

0Unrated
Chapter 90

We both walked out, giggling and carrying an umbrella. Rowan was just looking down in the water. “What’s wrong?” I asked.

“L-Look...,” he pointed. The Wailord from two days ago... had died... its carcass was just floating in the water.

“Oh God… why did I even ask…?!” I had to cover my nose (mainly because I could smell better than anyone else I knew).

“It’s putrid!!” Cynthia did the same.

“I wonder why it died though,” I blinked.

“We could have ripped its penis out,” he replied.

“We did?” I scratched my head. “But how in the world did we do that?!”

“He’s right; it’s not like a human’s,” she said. “A human’s you can rip off; but a whale’s?”

“Exactly,” I replied. “It happens to be inside their bodies, not outside.”

“We would have to necropsy (autopsy to an animal) it to really find out why it died,” she looked at it. He just stood there, contemplating.

“Rowan, are in this world currently?” I tapped my foot. He didn’t say anything.

“ROWAN!” She decided just to yell instead.

“Huh?” He looked at her.

“Making sure you’re on this planet,” she chuckled.

“Yeah,” I said sarcastically. I continued to look at it.

“I heard what you said, maybe we should,” he said.

“Do you have any scuba gear?” I said sarcastically. He just nodded and we blinked.

“Wait... you do?” She looked at him funny. He grinned and waved so we could follow him. For one, I don’t even know how to scuba dive, and nor does Cynthers. We tried to tell him; but he just ignored us. What was he doing?! Does he expect us to automatically know how? I looked at Cynthia... she shrugged and I shrugged, too when she looked at me. Rowan led us to a small storage with all kinds of stuff in it, too many objects to name! (A/N: since I have no idea what these objects can be, just make them up, lol.) I wondered what the kids were doing; I asked; and he said they could do whatever they want. I thought maybe they would wreck havoc; though I doubt my kids would; they are very mature for their ages. Oh well, turns out he will teach us how to scuba dive. Turns out he has a license to dive (he told us he used to spear fish way back before there were any laws against this). We quickly learned how, and we were ready. He grabbed a hack saw and a huge steak knife; hideous thing made me shudder slightly. My God! He had the most evil grin I had ever seen! He then gave us a few bites of energy bar (such a nice breakfast… I rolled my eyes!)

“Well, I’m ready,” I put a wetsuit on.

“So am I,” she did the same. We walked outside, back into the pouring rain. These wetsuits are nice, because you can barely feel any water on your skin. Rowan waved and we went down next to the dock, closet possible to the dead creature. We put on the scuba gear, which happens to be rebreathers (The rebreather adds oxygen to replace the oxygen that was consumed. Thus, the gas in the rebreather’s circuit remains breathable and supports life). He nodded and we dove in backwards. We then swam towards it; even though our noses were covered by the rebreather, the stench was deafening to our noses... whales smell worse than dead humans no doubt about that!! I had never done a necropsy, but I don’t think a dissection of dead Shinxes counts - that was dissection not seeing what the cause of death is.

“We should hurry before it explodes,” I said. Yes, whales explode… ugh it’s so gross! The buildup of gas in its body when it decomposes, causing tremendous pressure inside it… when it explodes – blood and entrails go everywhere… too nasty to even describe or watch for that matter!

“Right,” he said. She just nodded. He took the knife and started to cut through the skin… and the blubber… and so on… I immediately saw what was wrong…

“Rowan, look, it died from internal injuries… wait… what is that?” I blinked. Cynthia gasped and shrugged. Whatever they were, they were all over inside its body… kind of gross…

“Lungworms,” he said. “It died from lung worms…”

“It slowly suffocated…?” She looked at him and he nodded.

“Yes.”

“How did it get them?” I asked.

“Who knows… probably eating other animals or Pokemon…,” he nodded.

“Makes sense… but what to do with the body…?” She asked.

“I’m not too sure yet, I may let nature take its course,” he replied.

“Good idea, but it smells like shit, just so you know,” I crossed my arms. “Would it hurt if our Pokemon fed off of it?” Yes, a weird question, but still… they’d get something to eat.

“I don’t think so,” he shrugged. “Try if you must.”

“Definitely wouldn’t hurt,” she said. I looked up to the docks to see a black-haired person with a green cowlick… could only be one person: Aaron.

“Hey, look, there’s Aaron, I wonder why he’s here?” I blinked.

“Let’s go,” she began to swim in the general direction. I nodded and did the same; while Rowan was contemplating and not really paying attention. “ROWAN…!” She hollered.

“Huh… eh…?” He mumbled. “Where are you going?”

“To see Aaron,” she replied. I nodded. He nodded back and followed us. We slowly climbed onto a ladder and onto the dock… I looked at Aaron… he was shuddering like crazy. I took the tank and mask off.

“Hey Aaron, is everything alright?” I asked.

“I-I-I… oh God… you wo-won’t belie-eve-e… it… L-Liza… has… tw-twins!” He stuttered… a lot. Cynthia took the mask and tank off and couldn’t believe it! Her jaw dropped completely and I was stupefied. We both looked at each other and blinked. I have no idea why we were surprised, though. Sure, twins are fairly common, but for an already-twin to have twins is quite interesting. We both smiled and looked at Aaron happily. This should be interesting.
Sign up to rate and review this story