Categories > Books > Vampire Kisses > Golden

Afterlife (Patrick)

by scarsandstories93 0 reviews

Prequel with Patrick Stump

Category: Vampire Kisses - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-10-20 - Updated: 2009-10-20 - 392 words

1Ambiance
Prequel to Golden
Patrick’s POV

I’ve lived next to Lyla for all of our lives. Our mothers were friends in delivery class, and have stayed in touch ever since. I remember seeing Lyla when she was three, I four. We’ve never gone a day apart.
While we’ve been best friends, I can’t help but to fall into a sense of love that I’ve never experienced before. We’re teenagers now, myself almost sixteen and her about fifteen. I don’t know how I’m going to ask her to be my girl, but I do hope that she feels the same exact way that I do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She seemed very distracted today when I told her that I loved her. I mean, Lyla did say that she felt the same way, and we are officially going out, but there was just something off; something that changed. I can’t tell what, because I’ve never seen someone like this in Chicago, let alone Glenview. I don’t know what to do with her, but I guess that I should wait until later to find out what is going on with her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some new people moved into the house on the other side of Lyla’s place. They seem very out there compared to the other residents of Glenview. I mean, they’re ghostly pale, all have very dark blue eyes, and scarlet red hair. There’s a man in his mid-forties, his wife that looks about thirty-five, and they had a son, probably my age. I really don’t have many worries about them killing our harmony, as the woman has made friends with my and Lyla’s mom and the man just wanted to go inside to set things up, but their son seems interested in Lyla. I saw her in her front window, writing something in that notebook of hers, and the boy just looked up from the road and stared directly at her.
Now, I don’t get jealous very easily, and it takes quite a lot for me to feel intimidated, but just looking at this boy I felt like I needed to protect Lyla from him. If I didn’t, no one else would.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


okay so sorry that I haven't updated lately just been really busy and no spark
Sign up to rate and review this story