Categories > Anime/Manga > Beyblade > The Hunted

Hurt

by Demi-goddess 1 review

The White Tiger team rescue a girl, when they find her near their camp with serious injuries. Her village was wiped out and the culprits are after her,wanting her dead. The bladebreakers try to pro...

Category: Beyblade - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Ray - Published: 2006-04-13 - Updated: 2006-04-13 - 932 words

0Unrated
"Ray! Lee! Gary! We need more food! Go and get us some!" Mariah called from the little cabin. Lee groaned.

"Why can't you go get some?" He asked. Mariah appeared in the doorway, hands on hips.

"Because a girl like me can't go out there on my own. I've heard there are barbarians out there!" She replied, her pink hair shaking from side to side as she dried a plate.

"There aren't barbarians out there, Mariah! I don't even think that there are any other tribes here, other then ours!" Lee said. Mariah sighed.

"I didn't want to do this, but I have no other choice." Said Mariah. Everyone gasped.

"NO! Mariah! Not the-"

But Ray never managed to end his sentence, because Mariah opened her eyes, and gave the boys a puppy dog look.

"...puppy dog eyes." Ray sighed. "Fine. We'll go."

The boys were always suckers to the puppy dog eyes. Whenever Mariah didn't get her own way, the watery, big eyes came. They stood and walked towards the dense forest that they got their food from.

"I hate it when she does that." Ray muttered.

"You didn't have to grow up with her though." Lee muttered back. Ray laughed.

"I suppose not. Hey Gary! We're supposed to be COLLECTING food, not eating it!!!!!" Ray exclaimed at his team mate, who was chomping on a dozen apples.

"But I'm hungry!" Gary whined, throwing another apple into his mouth.

"Well, it's your fault if Mariah finds out." Kevin said. Gary stopped and shoved all the apples into the pouch he had. Lee chuckled.

"I feel like something different." Ray said, looking around.

"Yeah. I'm sick of-" But Ray cut Lee off, mid-sentence, by covering his mouth.

"What?" Kevin whispered. Ray pointed to the top of a hill, where a hand was visible under a bush. He signalled for them to stay where they were, and he crept up the hill, drawing a dagger. He reached the bush and peered over. What he witnessed will stay in his mind forever, probably.

"Guys! Get up here!" He yelled down at his friends. They complied and ran up the steep hill.

"What is it?" Lee asked. Ray gestured to the bush. Lee looked over and gasped. "Is... is she... dead?"

"No. I don't think so. She's still breathing." Ray replied. He climbed over the bush, careful not to tread o the girl. She was a girl of his age. Black/blue hair and he could just make out that she was wearing a blue dress, from under all the blood. He put two fingers on her neck and checked her pulse; it was weak, but steady. "We need to get her back to camp."

"What about food? Mariah will-" Kevin began.

"Sod Mariah." Ray said. Everyone looked at him in surprise; they had never heard Ray use foul language. "No offence, Lee." He added.

"Don't care." Lee replied, raising his hands. "Can we do anything?"

"Yeah. Kevin and Gary. Go back to Mariah, and tell her we'll be back soon with an extra person in need of TLC." Kevin and Gary nodded. "Grab some food as well along the way." He added. Kevin and Gary ran back down the hill. "Lee, you help me. Don't worry, I'll carry her." He said at the look on his pal's face. You just clear the path for me and stuff."

Ray bent down and picked her up. She was light. Blood was still leaking from a wound on her abdomen and his clothes were already stained with it. He could feel his hands were wet and he winced at the thought of what he was covered in.

"Better you than me, buddy." Lee joked. He walked in front of Ray down the hill, making sure he didn't trip or fall.

"Don't worry. I'm not a klutz like Mariah." Ray assured him.

"I suppose not." Lee laughed. They made their way through the forest life and eventually found themselves in the clearing, where their camp was. Kevin came rushing out to meet them.

"We've filled Mariah in on all we know." Kevin said. Ray nodded and walked over the cabin. He went in and laid the girl on his bed. "Why don't you put her on Mariah's bed? Saves yours gettin' all bloody and horrible.

"I heard that Kevin." Mariah said as she entered, carrying a basket. "Now you two get out! I need peace and quiet and cleanliness!" She added looking at Ray. "Ray, go and wash, cos I'm not gonna wash it for you."

Ray nodded and walked out.

"She must've been bleeding badly." Lee commented, looking up and down Ray's clothing. His garb, which was usually white, was now red and his hands were covered in blood.

"Yuck." Ray said. He made his way to the river that was a short distance away from their camp. Lee accompanied him, because he had a few stains on his gloves. Ray removed his Top half, leaving his white shirt on underneath and placed it in the river. Lee removed the straps of cloth from around his hands and dunked them in the river too. Both placed heavy rocks on a part of their item, to stop it floating away and Lee lay back, while Ray washed his hands.

"Wonder what happened." Lee said. Ray shrugged and dried his hands on his trousers, also laying back.

"Must've been something bad." Lee carried on. "Wonder where she comes from."

"Yeah. I don't know of any villages around here. I guess we'll have to wait until she wakes up."

"Yeah."
Sign up to rate and review this story