Categories > Original > Humor > London Calling

The Accident

by BodaggusMCR27 0 reviews

Category: Humor - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-11-12 - Updated: 2009-11-12 - 871 words

0Unrated
Oh Danielle, how you wish you could be me. Stupid girl. Your stupid little minion Judson can take that management position and shove it because I get to go half way across the world and run the first international, most amazing store ever!(like a five year old I stick out my tongue)
... Oh crap, my decision making skills maybe aren’t as sharp as they used to be. I took a total of two seconds to decide I was going to take that job and I didn’t even think of the most important thing, How is Ben going to react? (oh, my love) He’s the most important person in my life, he has to support me, right? I mean, we’ve been together for a year, could he possibly think this was a breaking point for us. I immediately shake that thought out of mind for fear that I might cry. ‘I must concentrate on driving.’ I tell myself. Its still raining and I’m already not the best driver in the world. I sat at a stop light, running the words though my head again and again, trying to figure out how I was going to tell Ben about the job.
“So, I got A management job today..... Ben, I’m joining the army starting at 0600.... So, how bout them cowboys, huh?.... I’m Pregnant!” HA! its hard for me to be an adult for half a second.
Dang, this is the longest light ever.
Just as that thought crossed my mind, I began to hear a screeching sound coming from God knows where. I looked both ways, thinking it was someone making a sharp turn but, there was no cars crossing the intersection. Suddenly, I caught a glimpse of a car behind me, skidding a bit to fast for my comfort when, SLAM! A hard hit from behind sent me flying out of control into a ditch off the side of the road. I felt my car flipping 2, 3 times, the whole world rushing around me at tremendous speeds when just as fast as it happened, it stopped. I could feel my jagged breathes. It stung like little bee stings in my lungs because the air was filled with dust and glass fragments. I was dizzy and heard nothing but a high pitched buzz.. The car was upside down and the blood rushed to my head. My hearing slowly came back and the noise I was hearing was unbearable, it was my radio and it was on full blast. I couldn’t remember how to turn it off. I was set to panic mode and I could hear screams from the outside. A man came to my window and knocked to get my attention. “Open the window!” He yelled to me. “There’s smoke!” Someone else shouted from a distance.
I fumbled with buttons and levers but couldn’t remember how to put the window down. “I don’t know how.” I trembled, tears swelling in my eyes. I couldn’t remember how to do anything. “Close your eyes!” The man demanded me, so i did. I closed them as tight as i could and with a wrench, he shattered my window, cut my seatbelt with a knife and dragged me out. Of course, with my luck, while he dragged me out, my denim destroyed mini skirt got caught on a shard of glass left on the window and ripped it off my body. I was mortified!
Despite the fact I was in an accident and could have died in a car explosion, I was more worried about getting my skirt back and becoming less exposed to the general public. A stretcher was already waiting for me. “Please, can I get a towel or something.” I asked in nearly a whisper. I didn’t realize how hoarse and inaudible my voice was. Of course everyone ignored me and just rushed around, buckling me in and loading me on the ambulance.
The ride was short, from what I can remember, and completely unnecessary. I was fine, I mean, I ached a little bit but I was fine. Now, I lay in the infirmary waiting for attention.
A minute ago, I got more than I wanted and now they are attending to the two assholes who hit me who were, BY THE WAY, three times over the legal limit. Send them to jail with their injuries! “Hello? Do I get a phone call or something?” I questioned nurses as they passed my room. “I would like to call my boyfriend!”
To my surprise, there he was, sprinting into my room, forehead full of sweat. “Honey!” He cried. “Ben! They wont let me go home and their not paying attention to me and they wont give me my mini skirt back!” All my words came out in an unrecognizable jumble.
He laughed, glad that I was okay and that the crash didn’t change my personality. “You’re ready to be discharged and we can go home.” He stroked my check.
I just figured, now was better than ever.
“How do you feel about moving to England with my in a few weeks?”
He hesitated. “Awesome.”
... Hmm, that was easy.
Sign up to rate and review this story