Categories > Original > Fantasy > A Kingdom Divided

Sharing Notes

by sabeybaby 0 reviews

The Queen and King share notes.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-04-13 - Updated: 2006-04-14 - 1024 words

0Unrated
Lady Belle looked at her wrecked room with disgust. The blood covering the walls and furniture really gave the room a raw, destroyed look. I've really got to repaint this place, she thought sarcastically. Snaking her eyes around the room, she glared at her ruined covers. The once green blankets were now soaked in her deep red blood. Deciding to get started on her cleaning, Belle started with her bed by stripping off the covers and placing them in a basket she had in her room. What would take a human hours to accomplish, took her only a few minutes with her extraordinary speed. Once the room was completely bare, no stains left, servants brought in new things to fix her room. Together, they spent the rest of the day refurbishing her room. Satisfied with the end product, Belle went to find Queen Laurel.

Not being one to follow rules, Belle was dressed in a knee length black skirt with dangerous slits up the sides to her upper thigh and a white, poof shirt with a black corset that emphasized her generous curves. Her wavy, brown hair was pulled back in a tight ponytail, the end swaying with every step she took. Bare feet shuffling on the floor announced her presence to Laurel as she entered her private room. The young queen was standing on her balcony, long, auburn hair free to blow in the gentle wind of the night. A red robe was wrapped around her shoulders, floor length dress brushing the ground. Belle stepped up to the queen and rested a hand on her shoulder. Laurel turned and smiled to the woman.

"Feeling better?" The queen asked of the young dancer. In response, a smirk spread across the younger woman's mouth.

"You know I am." Two pairs of hazel eyes glinted in the night teasingly.

"Tell me about the attack." Laurel spoke this as they reentered the bedroom. Belle frowned at how short the pleasantries were, but she was willing to get it off her chest.

"Things were going all to plan," She began, soft voice gradually raising, "I had invaded the enemy territory in disguise as usual. I watched carefully over the king for a week as we planned. Unfortunately, on the last day the King put up an anti-dragon law." This fact had the Queen's eyes wide with concern.

"An anti-dragon law?" Laurel began to pace the room, her hands running through her silky tresses.

"Yes, he put it up because werewolf bodies have been turning up dead." The two women remained silent, one trying to figure out what to do next and the other waiting for permission to continue her story.

"Continue." The command immediately enable Belle to speak.

"Wolfy ordered his troops to scour the mountains. I did my best to hide but a platoon found my hiding place and soon they were everywhere. I was lucky to get out alive." The young vampire changeling looked towards the night sky that was visible through the open balcony doors.

"Things have become so muddled Belle," Laurel muttered under her breath, more to herself than her friend. Her accomplice nodded her head and wrapped her arms around herself. "How will we spy on them now?" The Queen was swiftly becoming agitated, her normally calm personality taking a change for anger.

"I'm sure an opportunity will present itself." Belle was struggling to calm her best friend's temper. She didn't get mad often, but when she did it was usually vicious.

"No," The dancer looked towards her queen curiously.

"What?"

"We must talk to the Alpha himself."

OoOoOoOoOoOo

When daybreak found him, Thanyel was just getting ready for his morning walk. Ian came to him and tapped him on the shoulder, needing his attention.

"Yes Ian?" The king was strapping his boots on currently, his face directed towards the floor.

"We've received a message from the Vampiress." His answer caught the werewolf off guard.

"What would that blood fiend want with me?" Thanyel stood up and took the message Ian was waving around in the air. The message was brief.

To King of Werewolves, Master Thanyel-

Alpha Wolf, long have our two kingdoms strained under the tension of precarious peace. I believe a change is in order. I cordially request that we meet on civil ground to speak on matters of state. Body guards will be welcomed, but please refrain from large amounts of soldiers, as will I.

With the utmost of regard,
Queen of Vampires, Lady Laurel

Thanyel growled deep in his chest. Natural reaction was to deny a peaceable solution, but he knew that reasoning out the situation was best for both kingdoms. The message was short and to the point. However, it lacked a threat so he decided it wouldn't hurt anything to be civil. Turning to Ian he asked for a piece of paper and a pen. His adviser quickly found the items and returned them.

"What are you going to do Thanyel?" The two men stared at each other blankly for a moment before the king spoke.

"I'm going to meet her, and you are coming with me."

OoOoOoOoOoOo

Although they had only sent the message a while ago, a response from Master Thanyel was soon received. Laurel nearly wripped the letter open in her hurry to find out what his response was. Belle snatched the letter from her before she completely devastated it. She calmly and gently opened the letter the rest of the way and read it over.

To Queen of Vampires, Lady Laurel-

Your request has been well asked Vampiress. Meet me and my personal guard at midnight on the Great Valley. Bring one bodyguard if you so please.

Sincerely,
King of Werewolves, Master Thanyel

Belle handed the note to Laurel after she finished reading it. The shorter brunette watched her friend read it swiftly and then set the note down. They looked at eachother.

"Wanna go?"

"Can I go?" They spoke at the same time, and then laughed about it.

"Belle, I'd be honored if you accompanied me." Laurel said happily, threading her arm through her best friend's elbow. "To dinner?"

"To dinner!"
Sign up to rate and review this story