Categories > Original > Fantasy > Queen of Aces

Oh. So That's How I Met You...

by Celestial_Calamity 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-11-23 - Updated: 2009-11-23 - 342 words

0Unrated
“Hey, D, when’d you get a tattoo?” Aden asked, pointing at the little red diamond on my neck as we sat on the plane going to France. Why France? Because I have no say in my life and Aden’s mother decided she wanted to go shopping. What do I have to do with it? Raven seems to think that I’m her dress-up doll. My life. Sucks.

“I got it yesterday, at the shoot.” I sighed, staring out the window at the seemingly endless sparkling ocean.

“I didn’t know we had a tattoo artist there.”

“Well, apparently you did, and he’s the scariest guy I’ve ever seen.” Aden’s eyes widened as he stared in shock. “What?” I asked, turning around to stare at him.

“Do you remember how I met you?” he was still staring, but he narrowed his eyes and tilted his head to the side a little.

“Ummm… HEY, RAVEN!” I stood up and shouted from across the plane, several people glared.

“WHAT?” she yelled back.

“HOW DID I MEET ADEN?”

“OH. YOU REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE DOING THAT ONE THING AND THEN THERE WERE THOSE PEOPLE WHO DID THAT OTHER THING AND HE WAS THERE AND YOU GOT MAD SO YOU DID THAT THING TO THEM AND YOU SENT THEM TO THAT ONE PLACE?”

“OH YEAH, THANKS!” I looked back at Aden, who was shrinking back into his seat. “I met you because I was walking through the cemetery and you were there and then there were some guys that were picking on you, so I asked them to leave.”

He gave me a weird look. “Those guys were giants and had knives, and more like you beat the crap out of them then threw them into the woods.”

“So?”

“You were eight!”

“At least I told the cops where they were!”

“No, I told the ambulance where they were. After that, you were eating doughnuts with the cops.”

“I was hungry!”

“What kind of girl are you?!”

“The awesome kind.” I grinned.
Sign up to rate and review this story