Categories > Original > Fantasy > Queen of Aces

No. Way.

by Celestial_Calamity 0 reviews

A story about a girl and her friend. That's the most accurate summary I can give.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2009-10-03 - Updated: 2009-10-04 - 491 words

0Unrated
“Fuck. No.” I frowned as Aden tried, unsuccessfully, to hide his hysteric laughter. I glared at Aden. “May God open the ground beneath you and let it swallow you whole.”


“Ohhh, but sweetheart, you look positively adorable!” Aden’s mother, Raven, gushed. “Please, spin around so I can see.”


“Gee, I would, but I’d rather not break my arm from stopping my fall.” I squirmed in the soft pink and white kimono I was wearing, complete with all the other watchamacallits.


“But…I could lose my job.” Raven’s eyes watered over as she fell on her knees.


“Funny. I didn’t know the OWNER of the company could get fired.” I grimaced as I tried to walk to a nearby chair, taking tiny steps and making Aden laugh louder. “Shut up!” I growled.


“Ugh, fine,” Raven dried her crocodile tears and got up, “I need someone to play the role. The girl quit when she found out that she had to wear the kimono.”


“Sha. I don’t blame her.”


“Pleassssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?” Raven begged. “It’s only a little part. Just walk in and get pushed over the rail, into the water.”


“God! Fine!” I grumbled.





“You bitch!” a girl shrieked as she lunged at me.


Great. Time to die. Whooo. I thought as she pushed me over the rail. I struck the water with a slight smacking noise and fell under…and under…and--wait a minute! I opened my eyes to see endless water. Oh wait. There’s that thing over there. It’s coming closer--oh shit. I stared as the horrid mutant creature came closer and closer to me.


It was right in front of me, grinning with those uneven jagger-like teeth. Oh God, I thought as it reached toward me, I’m going to die. It pressed lightly on my neck with its slimy finger. I squeezed my eyes shut waiting for the pain, waiting for it to sink its teeth into me.





“D!” I opened my eyes and stared straight up. “D, are you alright?” Aden’s worried face was above me. “Mom, I told you that you shouldn’t have dragged D into doing this part.”


“No,” I slowly got up, my head was throbbing with pain, “you were laughing too hard to say anything.” I laughed hoarsely.


“When you fell, you hit your head on the rail.” Raven explained. “Why don’t you go to your dressing room and relax? There’s some ice in there too.”


“Yeah, okay.” I took tiny steps and Aden started laughing again. “Shut up!”





I sat there in the large room in front of the gold lined mirror, staring sleepily at my reflection. “You’re crazy.” I muttered. “Oh, great, I’m talking to myself. Hmmm.” I leaned closer to the mirror and moved my hair so I could see my neck. I gasped. On my neck right below my jaw was small tattoo of a red diamond.
Sign up to rate and review this story