Categories > Original > Fantasy > Queen of Aces

You Would.

by Celestial_Calamity 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-09-15 - Updated: 2009-09-16 - 449 words

0Unrated
“Oh, snap out of it already!” I sighed, running full speed at Aden then jumping up and smashing into him.


“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!” CRASH!


“Oooh, that looked like it hurt.” I winced, watching him slowly get up. He rubbed his forehead and groaned.


“Why the fuck do you always do that?!”


“Why do you say fuck so much?” I folded me arms and narrowed my eyes at him.


“Because I can.” He smirked.


“There you go.” I smirked back. “Ennywho, it’s getting late,” I pointed towards the setting sun across the horizon, “sleepy tiiime.” I grinned.


“Yeahhh, you’re right.” He giggled, grabbing me from behind in a gentle hug. “Let’s go, D.” He started pulling me by the hand back towards the hammocks.


I yawned and groggily rubbed my eye, going with him. “Kay.”






“D, wake up.” Aden nudged me from the side. His voice was raspy, meaning that he either just woke up or ran into something and hit his throat.


“Ugh, noooo.” I pushed him hard, he gasped and fell with a hard thunk. “Oh,” I opened my eyes and peeked over the edge of the hammock, “did I do that?” I grinned sheepishly.


“Yeah. You did.” He stared back up at me and chuckled softly.


“You’re always so weird when you’re sleepy.” I smirked.


“No, that’s you.” He said, getting up and brushing the dirt from his clothes. “So when’s the rescue team gonna get here.”


“I’unno,” I flipped my phone open, “It’s 11:35 and judging by how long we were on the plane before it crashed, and if I’m assuming the right distance…” I pointed at the sky, thinking. “Probably two or three seconds?”


“There is no way--” Aden started to say but was cut off by the roaring sound of the ocean and the two helicopters hovering above us.






“Gramps! You’re okay!” I squealed and flung my arms around him, nearly pulling the both of us out of the helicopter.


“Yes, yes, I’m fine.” He laughed, then pulled out of the hug and turned very serious. Looking from Aden to me and back several times he began. “You two. Did anything happen--”


“NO!” Aden and I shouted simultaneously, before gramps could go on.


“I fear to think of you being left alone with--”


“I wouldn’t do anything!” Aden gasped, moving around in a very animated and dramatic way.


“Oh, no, actually I was going to say that I feared to think of YOU being left alone with Dawn here. She has a tendency to act…ebulliently.”


“Eh?” Aden asked, cocking his head to the side.


“I have a tendency to act me-ish.” I grinned.
Sign up to rate and review this story