Categories > Original > Fantasy > Queen of Aces

In Case of Emergency, Dial 911.

by Celestial_Calamity 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Humor - Published: 2009-08-28 - Updated: 2009-08-28 - 423 words

0Unrated
“So…where’s the pirate ship?” Aden stood with his hands in his pockets, scuffing the dirt at his feet.


“There’s not one.” I dangled from the edge of the giant snow cone, trying to clamber in. “I just said that so that you’d follow me.”


“You lied to me again?” He sighed, shielding his eyes from the sun to look up at me.


“…That’s not important right now. We need to find out a way to-- Ahhhhhhhhh!” I screamed as the paper tore and I flew down with it. “Okay, owww.” Groaning, I teetered to my feet.


“A way to…get off the island?” He asked questioningly. I nodded as I held my throbbing head. “Well, any ideas?”


“Do you think we should call someone?” I asked, holding my phone up.


“You have your phone?”


“Sure. I’ve been texting Lexi for the past twenty minutes! Oh, I forgot to tell you, she says hi and that you should cheer up.” I beamed.


“I. Effing. Hate. You.” He glared, hands ready in “I’m-going-to-strangle-you” mode.”


“I love you too, Aden. Hold on a sec. I’m going to call my mom.”


“Yeah, okay-- WAIT! Do you just like making fun of me?”


“Why, whatever do you mean?” I asked innocently, gazing sweetly at him, to which he gave a disgusted look.


“Please, don’t ever give me that look again.”


“Awww, why not?” I punched in 911 and sat down.


“Because, it suits you so much, it’s disgusting. Cute is not supposed to go with EVIL!” He waved his arms dramatically.


“D?” A man’s voice came from the phone.


I gasped. “Xavier? Holy crap! I thought I dialed 911.”


“Uh, you did. Long story. What’s wrong?”


“Oh, nothing really. We were going to go with Gramps to Vegas, but our plane crash landed and now we’re on an uncharted island made of candy with a snow cone that fell from the sky.”


“So you need a rescue?”


“Please? It’s not urgent, though. We’ve got plenty of food and stuff. Oh, but can it be by next week? I don’t want to miss Lexi’s birthday.”


“Sure thing, I’ll figure out where you guys are and you should be rescued by tomorrow night, at max. Oh, how’s Aden doing?”


I turned around. Aden was sickly pale and frozen like a statue, gazing off into the distance blankly. “Oh, he’s fine. So, tomorrow, alright see you later!” I said cheerily then hung up.
Sign up to rate and review this story