Categories > Anime/Manga > Digimon > Naruto's Digital Destiny

Chakra 101

by Necros 1 review

Naruto confesses and Hypnos is infiltrated

Category: Digimon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Humor - Characters: Renamon,Rika - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2009-12-06 - Updated: 2009-12-06 - 7785 words

1Exciting
Disclaimer: On Chapter 1 page
Chapter 9: Chakra 101
Last Time on Naruto’s Digital Destiny…
“What the, what the hell was that?! How did you do that?! Control wind, breathe fire, and use little balls of light that cause Kami only knows how much damage!” Rika started with the questions, more or less taking the words straight out of the other’s mouths.
“Hehehe,” Naruto chuckled tiredly, he had a feeling that Rika would be the first to ask the more important questions, he answered them anyway, he’d never get any peace otherwise, “you tamers remember the energy you felt within you during your meditation lessons?” he asked, all of them nodding, though only Henry, Rika and Renamon seemed to see where he was going, “that was it, that was chakra.”
Now, The Story Continues…
The Tamers and their Digimon merely looked at Naruto and Strabimon like particularly dense stunned mullets, it actually took nearly half a minute before one of them decided to question him further.
“Chakra?” Rika parroted, confused, sure she had felt the energy during the meditation lessons that Naruto had started her and the others off with but she never dreamed that she could actually utilise it.
“Isn’t chakra an Indian idea? A kind of energy that comes from combining physical and spiritual energy in the body?” Henry asked, he had heard of the basic idea from his uncle once but he hadn’t thought any more of it.
“I have no idea where the idea originated from, but you do have the most basic idea of what it is, though it is far more complex then just that,” Naruto replied as he started to get some of his strength back, “Listen, this probably isn’t the best place to talk about this stuff, we should head over to Guilmon’s shed, I’ll fill you in when we get there.”
“All right Whiskers, but you better be really forthcoming when we get there,” Rika answered with a slight growl in her voice, she didn’t like the fact that he’d had these abilities all along and had felt the need to hide it from he … from them.
Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon
Naruto gave out a loud sigh of relief when he sat down with his back against the wall next to the door of Guilmon’s shed, his fight with IceDevimon had been rough, and he didn’t like to admit it, but he was slower in that fight then he should have been, he was getting rusty.
“So,” Rika said in a sharp voice as she stood in front of him with her arms folded across her chest, an angry scowl on her face, she was upset all right, he had these abilities all along and he never saw fit to at least tell he … them about them.
“(sigh) Chakra is the energy you all felt during your meditation lessons, all humans have it and even the Digimon have an equivalent, though Digital Energy is somewhat more specialised then chakra,” Naruto started his explanation wearily, he was exhausted and he really didn’t like being on the receiving end of Rika’s glares and accusations but he knew he had to clear the air if they were going to continue to trust him, “With the proper instruction and training you can do anything from running faster and hitting harder to controlling the five basic elements to walking on water,” Their expressions were kind of incredulous from that last example but they, meaning Rika, allowed him to continue with his explanations, after all he had shown his ability with the first 2 examples so the 3rd wasn’t that much of a stretch, even if it was slightly unbelievable, but then they’d had digital life forms as their best friends for at least a few months now, “What Henry said earlier was true, the simplest explanation for the origin of chakra is the blending of physical and spiritual energies within the body, but that’s merely the beginning.”
“Think of a secondary circulatory system, like the one composed of veins and arteries that transports blood and oxygen throughout you body, only this one isn’t physical, rather it is ethereal, only visible to those sensitive to such things, this circulatory system transports chakra throughout your body, though unless you can utilise it there isn’t much you can do with it, still I’m sure you guys have heard of tales of people performing amazing physical feats while under heightened emotional stress,” Naruto paused for confirmation at this point.
“Yeah, like that incident in the papers a couple of weeks ago,” Henry replied, “y’know, the one where a mother of an infant lifted a car by herself because her infant child was trapped underneath it, the reporters and doctors wrote it off as an adrenaline surge though.”
“Of course they did, they didn’t have an explanation that was provable by their current level of understanding so they made one up that sounded right, adrenaline surges are capable of increasing a person’s strength by a great amount, but that example you just gave is just not possible without chakra as a booster as an adrenaline surge wouldn’t increase a person’s strength enough to lift a car, though use of chakra under such conditions is erratic at best and has killed more people than it has helped,” Naruto answered before he continued with the explanation, “some civilisations have figured out how to access and manipulate this energy over the centuries, there have been various methods throughout the generations, many of which you likely wouldn’t find out of place in a manga, everything from direct influence over the elements, which is incredibly difficult but not impossible, to controlling the minds and emotions of those around you, which, again, is very difficult, even if you have an aptitude for it, has been tried and many of them have been done successfully by one chakra using civilisation or another.”
“So I take it that you’re from one of these civilisations,” Takato stated, the others were a little shocked that he had picked up that little detail so quickly but when Naruto nodded Rika, Henry, Terreirmon, Renamon, and Guilmon were stunned, they might have known that he was capable of controlling an energy they previously had no idea about but to come from an advanced civilisation?
“The latest evolution of chakra using civilisations, the 5 Hidden Villages, Konohagakure, which is where I was born and lived for 8 years of my life, Sunagakure, Kumogakure, Iwagakure and Kirigakure, home to highly trained ninja, many of whom are capable of using chakra in ways that would make me seem like a complete novice, but the people that live within those villages are, more often then not, savage warriors. Little more then assassins for hire, there were very few that I remember that were ninjas that were decent people as well. There were many that would wipe out entire families because of one traitor that was related to them, even if the family and the traitor hadn’t even seen each other for well over a decade.”
“Tch, not to mention that many of the bastards were hypocritical bigots, there was this one clan that, through the use of a slave seal, I’ll explain seals later, enslaved well over half of their own clan just so that those in charge could prosper, anyone with that seal was tortured using said seal for the slightest act of disobedience or defiance, hell sometimes those without the seal used it just for kicks,” All of them, but for Strabimon who already knew this was disgusted and horrified, “and do you want to know the real kicker, that clan was one of the most noble and highly respected clans in the entire village.”
“H-how could they do that, to their own flesh and blood!” Rika near yelled at him with tears in her eyes, she remembered the agony that she had put Renamon through, and she regretted every moment of it, so she couldn’t understand how these people could be so cruel and callous to their own family.
“The hell if I know Rika, I’m just glad I got out of that village before their insanity could infect me too,” he answered earnestly, “I don’t know how it happened, exactly, but on the night of my 8th birthday I went to sleep in my shabby apartment, I am an orphan so I lived alone with a meagre stipend to supply me with food and stuff, and I woke up in the digital world the next morning and Strabimon was the first Digimon I met, we’ve been together ever since.”
“But if that’s the case, how’d you learn how to use chakra?” Henry asked, damn he’d hoped no-one would pick up on that one.
“Digignomes,” Strabimon answered for him, he knew that Naruto was starting to tire so he picked up the slack, “we ran into a few a couple of weeks after we met and I asked them if they could get Naruto’s belongings for us, little buggers went a little overboard though, they got everything that rightfully belonged to him, it didn’t matter who the original owner was, if it belonged to Naruto by right then they got it for him, hell they even restored everything that was damaged to it’s original state. And I do mean everything, from scrolls detailing techniques and training methods to his great-great grandma’s underwear,” that made everyone snort and/or chuckle.
Naruto groaned, “did you have to remind me of that, the woman was an Akimichi for crying out loud,” Of course, then Naruto had to explain everything he remembered about all of the clans that he remembered or that he inherited from, didn’t matter whether or not they were extinct, still, the general consensus was that he was off the hook.
(AN: remember that Naruto left Konoha on his 8th b’day, therefore he never met Iruka, he never became friends with the rookie 9 or Gai’s team, the only good things he remembers about Konoha are the Sandaime and Teuchi & Ayame from Ichiraku, so he has no problems with bashing the entire village)
Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon
After all of the questions that Henry, Takato and Terriermon could think of had been asked the started to split up and go their separate ways, Henry and Terriermon to his family’s flat, Takato to the Matsuda Bakery, Guilmon stayed in his shed because he knew that Takato’s parents would probably freak if they saw him. However, before Rika left she grabbed Naruto’s arm and dragged him out of there, when he tried to make a noise of protest she simply snapped over her shoulder that she wasn’t done with him yet as she dragged him towards her place, Naruto probably could have simply put his foot down and stopped her from dragging him, but frankly, he was exhausted and he really should have known that Rika would have more questions for him…
When they arrived at a park near her house Rika pushed Naruto onto a bench and stood in front of him with her fists on her hips and glared down at him, she knew that he hadn’t told her everything yet and until he did he was still in the doghouse as far as she was concerned.
Naruto took a quick peek at Rika’s expression before he sighed, he really should have figured out earlier that she would want to interro … question him in private, Takato, Henry and Terriermon might be satisfied by useless trivia but Rika was a little bit more demanding then that, it came from the fact that, when it came to fighting she was a bloody perfectionist.
“So, what do you want to know?” he asked, hoping that she wouldn’t let her temper rule her as it had before she came around to his way of thinking when it came to Digimon.
“Everything,” She snapped, yep, she was pissed, thankfully though she was still thinking rationally, “you might have distracted the others with useless trivia but that won’t work on me Naruto Uzumaki, I know that you left out a lot about your life before you wound up in the digital world, and even more about what you did when you got there.”
Naruto sighed again before he started, truthfully he’d never liked lying to Rika in the first place, but he didn’t think that he’d ever get a chance to tell her the truth without completely ruining the trust she had in him. Now however, that trust was hanging by a thread and the only thing that would repair it was by telling the honest, unedited truth, it was an opportunity that he had been waiting and hoping for, sure the others were decent friends, but Rika was … special.
“We only have enough time for a summary tonight, but I swear to you, that when I get the opportunity I will tell you all of it, ok?” Naruto replied, hoping that she would see that he was being honest about this, he wasn’t trying to delay but he really doubted that they’d be able to cover everything within the next few hours before Rika’s curfew.
“(sigh) Alright, but you had better not lie to me even once,” Rika answered him as she poked him in the chest before she sat down on the bench beside him, she got the felling that his life had not been an easy one and that she might need to sit down for it, “You can start with why you didn’t tell me about this stuff earlier,” she said to him sternly, not even noticing that she hadn’t bothered with the ‘us’ this time.
“At first, I wasn’t sure I could trust you,” Naruto shrugged before he continued, “but as I got to know you better I started to procrastinate, thinking up scenarios where I would tell you and you would either feel betrayed or you would be afraid of my capabilities and whatnot, Strabimon told me many times that I was just being paranoid and that it wouldn’t happen, and on some level I knew he was right but every time I tried to tell you, I panicked, afraid that I would lose you as a friend (and possibly more), heh, I knew that I was being pathetic but I couldn’t help myself, and now I find myself cornered, with no choice but to tell all and you could not believe the amount of relief I’m feeling right now hehe.”
Rika exhaled as she heard his explanation, it was plausible, likely even and she couldn’t really fault him for it, after all she hadn’t exactly told him everything about herself yet, never mind the fact that her secrets were nowhere near as big as his, but still, “I guess I can’t fault you for that, hell I probably would have done the same thing in your position.”
“(sigh) thanks Rika,” Naruto replied before he started on the summary of his life up to this point, he knew he would have to clarify some things later on, but right now, he was just thankful that he wouldn’t lose her due to his own stupid mistakes, “10 days before I was born, a monstrous demon fox with nine tails known as the Kyuubi no Yoko was awakened, no-one is sure what drew it’s ire, but it awoke in a rage, destroying everything it came across and leaving a trail of devastation in it’s wake as it travelled towards the village of my birth, Konohagakure …”
Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon
It has been 3 months since IceDevimon’s assault upon the tamers and things had been going fairly swimmingly. Rika had eventually gotten the full story from Naruto’s lips, needless to say she wasn’t too happy with the residents of Konoha either after how they had treated him but she had accepted that, due to the fact that they were in another dimension, it was pretty much impossible to take her ire out on those who had earned it, instead, she channelled her righteous anger into the training that Naruto had stated a few days after IceDevimon’s appearance, at this point both Takato and Henry were about the same level as a newly instated Genin of Konoha, even if Takato excelled in wind style Ninjutsu whereas Henry was better at Taijutsu, having been trained by his uncle for years already. Rika however, was better then the both of them put together, admittedly she wasn’t as gifted in Ninjutsu as Takato or in Taijutsu as Henry, but she was about high genin to low chunin level already with her expanding repertoire of fire style jutsu and the kenjutsu she had started learning from Naruto when he gave her the weapon that was tied for first place in his ancestors collection…
FLASHBACK
‘Ugh, I can’t believe that mom put me through that torture she calls a photo shoot, again!’ Rika thought to herself as she stormed down the street dressed in just about the most horribly cute outfit her mother could find, the thing had teddy bears on it for kami’s sake! (The same dress that Rumiko put her daughter in during the photo shoot in the anime) ‘I swear, if she does this one more time I’m gonna spread some nasty rumours to the press … nah, if I do that then the bloody vultures will just hound me for more and I’ll never be rid of them, actually if I do that all it’d really do is increase her popularity.’ Rika thought to herself as she walked, there had to be something that would get it out of her mom’s head that she was going to follow into in her footsteps like some kind of mentally ill puppy, after all not even a kicked puppy would willingly put itself in that kind of spotlight, the thing would have to be missing the majority of it’s brain, ‘Ah forget it, I’ll never be able to do anything to mom that’ll get her to lay off, hell if she knew that I am currently capable of beating the snot out of her ridiculously expensive bodyguards then she’d just try to smother me more in an attempt to protect me,’ with that her thoughts turned to the boy who had trained her over the last week to be able to trample said bodyguards, and against her will she felt her cheeks start to heat up, ‘gah, what is wrong with me, sure the guy’s attractive and he’s a been a better friend to me than anyone else, bar Renamon, but still, that is no reason to go all gaga over the guy, and I just know that Renamon is listening to my thoughts and giggling her furry butt off,’ when she thought that she suddenly felt a sensation that was all too familiar over her bond with Renamon, the BUSTED feeling, yep, she’d been listening, ‘(sigh) so do you have any advice Renamon? I am, after all, going NUTS here, some input about ways to keep what little remains of my sanity would be nice,’ Rika sent to her Digimon partner wryly.
‘I honestly believe that you’ll come to your own decision no matter what I say,’ Renamon replied to the young woman who was currently having her very first real “boy problems”, Renamon knew that she had made a good choice of potential boyfriend, and she also knew that Rika knew that, but to be fair she had been freaking out almost as much when she and Flamedramon had first gotten together, she had been expecting something along these lines ever since she had first seen that Naruto’s attraction to Rika was mutual, but regardless on whether or not the coming relationship between them would blossom or not, Renamon knew that it would be a good experience for Rika so she decided to reassure her, ‘know this though, the things you feel for him are completely mutual Rika, and I will support you, no matter what path you decide to take.’
‘(sigh) well I thought that he was attracted to me at least, I really don’t have all that much experience with this kind of stuff … and, thanks, for the suppor…’
WHAM
Rika could not believe that she had just done that, she had been concentrating so hard on her conversation with Renamon and sorting out her feelings that she had run headfirst into someone, knocking both of them on their asses, apparently whoever it was hadn’t been paying too much attention to where they were going either…
“Rika?” Oh god no, “What on Earth are you wearing?” Yep, it was Naruto, and he was currently looking at her as if she had just announced that she absolutely adored all things cute, which, considering what she was wearing wasn’t too surprising. “Wha, hey where are we going?” Naruto asked as she grabbed his arm and forcibly dragged him into an alleyway.
“Get me out of here,” she growled at him once they were out of view in a tone of voice that he knew not to bother messing with so he simply put his left hand on her shoulder and triggered a standard teleport jutsu (the smoke shunshin that Kakashi uses when he shows up at the team 7 bridge in the anime) with his right, the standard teleportation jutsu was the easiest to use thus he was able take a passenger along using one-handed seals, it was notoriously tricky taking passengers along using the other, more complex forms of teleportation jutsu which is why it had been stressed in the instructions not to take passengers along using anything but the standard version unless you have mastered the more advanced one seallessly while taking a human analogue passenger, like a dummy or something and besides, the less complex the jutsu the less you have to concentrate and the more you can concentrate on where you want to go, which is why he preferred using the standard one for any teleportation over 500 metres anyway, and in this case they were going nearly 3 kilometres back to his apartment, Rika’s place was nearly 3 times that distance so he didn’t bother, especially seeing as, at distances beyond 5 kilometres the chakra requirement required grew by leaps and bounds, Rika already knew this so she wasn’t so surprised to see his apartment when the smoke cleared, even if she had never been there before she knew that the place was his simply because of the fact that Strabimon was currently absorbed in an online Age of Empires III game on the computer, which he appeared to be dominating, Strabimon didn’t even acknowledge the fact that they were there, but judging by the fact that there was a cold pizza next to him then Naruto and Rika highly doubted that he was aware of anything but the game at the moment.
Rika took a quick look around at the apartment, standard bachelors apartment, a little mess but nothing that couldn’t be cleaned up with a few minutes of work, before she turned back to Naruto and asked, “I don’t suppose that you’d have anything I could change into?”
“Hmm, well I’ve got a bunch of my ancestors clothes here,” Naruto said as he took off his jacket and activated the storage seal tattoo on his right arm, Rika was still new to chakra in general and storage seals in particular so she was still a little awed when a huge scroll (similar in size to the forbidden scroll in Naruto anime) appeared in a puff of smoke. Naruto laid the scroll on the ground and unrolled it at least halfway, the first quarter of the scroll were covered in standard storage seals which were below clan names from Naruto’s original dimension, this section was devoted to the clan specific jutsu and histories. The next section was split into 7 columns with spirit, healing, fire, water, wind, lightning and earth as headers with 6 storage seals below each one, each one bearing a title of S, A, B, C, D, or E, this was basically where all of the non-clan specific jutsu were stored. The section next to it had 4 storage seals in a column with chakra theory as the header, the 4 seals bearing the titles beginner, intermediate, difficult and expert, which was where chakra theory and control exercises were stored. The next column was just like the last only it had Seal Theory as the header, that was where all of the sealing texts went, It was after that that they finally got to the section Naruto was looking for, with a double heading of clothing this section was first split into sexes then into age groups, Naruto pumped a little chakra into the Female – Early teens seal, making a scroll a little bit bigger then a normal sized sealing scroll pop out which he gave to Rika saying that he trusted that she remembered enough of their last lesson on how to use seals in order to get what she needed then put everything she didn’t away when she was done with it, Rika nodded before grabbing the scroll and disappearing into the bathroom to get changed out of the monstrosity that her mother had forced her to wear.
While Rika was getting changed, Naruto opened his scroll a little further to show a much larger section with well over a dozen storage seals under the header, which was Weapons, every one of the seals had a title and when Naruto located the “chakra conductive weapons” seal he popped it out before unrolling the first 3 metres of the new scroll before he found what he was looking for, he had been thinking of an ideal weapon for Rika, because frankly she got into a lot of trouble and he’d feel a little better if she had a reliable weapon on her. The weapon he’d chosen was a Ninjato, a single edged sword that was shorter then a katana but longer then a wakizashi that had belonged to someone he knew had taken very good care of it and made sure that it was in excellent condition every time it was used, The infamous Red Death of Uzu no Kuni, Kushina Uzumaki Namikaze, his mother. If it were anyone else he would never let this blade out of his sight, the only weapon that came close to being the same value in his eyes was his father’s “Flying Thunder God” Kunai, but he had dozens of them, the blade of the Red Death was completely unique, made of true chakra steel the blade appeared to be made of transparent crystal, legend had it that this blade had seen his mother through so many battles that it became permanently stained by her enemies’ blood, turning it from the calm blue that it had been on it’s forging into the deep blood red it was now, it had been given the name the Demon Slayer, and for good reason as it was this blade that had taken the lives of so many lesser demons on the eve of the destruction of Uzu no Kuni, no other blade had taken so many demon lives that night.
Naruto knew that he was going to give Rika this weapon, but he had to make sure that she knew how to use it first, he would start training all of the tamers in the use of the weapons he had chosen for them this coming week, but Takato and Henry would be receiving standard weapons, bladed knuckle busters for Takato (Asuma’s weapons) and a metal bo staff for Henry, both of which would be chakra conductive but they were nowhere near the quality of the Demon Slayer.
Naruto re-sealed the Demon Slayer before taking out a Ninjato sized and weighted bokken as well as a scroll on the basic stances for the sword style he intended to teach her, might as well give her this stuff now seeing as he was going to give similar things to the others when he next saw them anyway, he wanted her to study the material and become familiar with the weapon, because she would have little time to do so once the training started.
Naruto turned around when he heard the bathroom door open and his jaw very nearly hit the floor, he knew she was attractive before but right now, she was the perfect combination of deadly and sexy, the epitome of what a kunoichi should look like. Rika was wearing a silk sleeveless black top with a silver and gold version of the Taoist symbol over her heart with an enlarged version on her back and form fitting but not quite 2nd skin pair of black silk pants with ghostly blue flames similar to Kyubimon’s foxfire at the bottom of the pant legs, she had steel capped boots on and she had fingerless gloves and bracers on her forearms which had the same Taoist symbol as the one over her heart on the back of the fists but otherwise they were dark purple, Rika’s hair was up in it’s usual spiky tail and her eyes glittered with mischief as she watched him try unsuccessfully to get words to form in his mouth several times, she normally didn’t dress to impress but she had fallen in love with the outfit the moment she had seen it, it had belonged to Naruto’s cousin on his mother’s side twice removed or something, and the best thing was that, according to the description, these clothes had an auto repair seal woven into the very fabric, not to mention the fact that there were several copies of the same outfit, she definitely wouldn’t do it under normal circumstances but she was going to ask Naruto if she could take all of them, it actually didn’t take all too much convincing, all he asked was that she leave one behind so that he would be able to get a seamstress to duplicate it, just in case.
Before Rika left with the bag containing the monstrosity, her spare outfits and the bokken and training scroll inside she kissed Naruto on the cheek as a thank you, for everything, before she fled down the stairs, blushing from the roots of her hair right down to her collarbone, damn hormones.
FLASHBACK END
Her Mother hadn’t been very impressed about her leaving that afternoon but even she admitted that the new outfit was awesome, at least, she did 3 seconds before she asked where it came from, Rika really hadn’t been paying attention when she said it had come from a friend who didn’t have any need of the outfit. Rumiko had leapt upon that little titbit of news like a pack of ravenous wolves, she might be a typical airheaded model in many aspects, but she was still Rika’s mother and she had been worried about her daughter’s lack of friends for the past few years, Rika had no choice but to tell her about Naruto, Henry and Takato, though she mainly talked about Naruto as he was the one that Seiko knew about the most, only having heard about Takato and Henry in passing and thus Seiko could confirm things, though neither Rika nor Seiko dared tell Rumiko about the mutual attraction between them.
During the 3 months of training not that many Digimon had bio-emerged and the only mention worthy ones were a Musyamon who Naruto took out in a sword fight on his own and a Harpymon which Rika torched with a Grand Fireball jutsu. All of them had gained a significant amount of ability since the start of their training, all of them having several C-rank and a couple of B-rank jutsu in their aligned element under their belts as well as several chakra control and elemental control exercises mastered. All of them had graduated from training weapons to the proper chakra conductive ones; though both Henry and Takato could tell there was something different about Rika’s Ninjato they said nothing. Though Rika’s reaction to the knowledge of who the original owner was wasn’t unexpected, she tried to give it back, saying that it belonged to him and should stay with him, especially seeing as it was one of the few things he had to remind him of his mother, but Naruto wouldn’t budge, he had his mother’s diaries and that’s all he needed, “and besides,” he told her, “The Demon Slayer belongs in battle, to have it as little more then a museum piece would go against everything my mother believed in, at least this way, I know that one of the greatest weapons of my world is by your side, protecting you.” Needless to say, she never tried to give it back again, but she did make sure to take care of it to the best of her ability, and to train to be able to use it as it should be used, to protect those she held dear.
It wasn’t until a decently powerful champion level bio-emerged in the middle of a multi-level car park that Naruto thought things might get interesting…
Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon
“Huh, a DarkLizardmon, wonder what she’s doing in the human world, both she and her cousin Flarerizamon tend to prefer the volcanic region in the digital world, she’s way out of her element here,” Strabimon commented when he saw the Digimon, he was secretly a little peeved, he and Renamon were supposed to be having a night on the town right now, they had gotten together the night of IceDevimon’s assault when she had dragged a few truths out of him about his actions against the insect type swarm, she had already known the answers but she wanted to hear it from him, when he admitted that he had come to care for her she simply kissed him on the cheek before wrapping him in a hug, neither had wanted to take things quickly so they were still dating thus far, kissing and light petting at the most, both of them acknowledged the fact that this relationship was different compared to their previous ones and they wanted to know why before they took things any further.
“Oh relax, you’ll get to Renamon quickly enough,” Naruto had known right away that something had happened when Strabimon had appeared in the apartment wearing the stupidest and sappiest grin he had ever seen his partner wear, at first he had assumed that Strabimon had gotten laid but when Strabimon had snapped that Renamon had more class then to sleep with a guy not half an hour after figuring how he feels about her Naruto had figured out that this was the kind of relationship that very few Digimon ever experience, this wasn’t lust, this was genuine love, needless to say he had apologized promptly and had done everything he could to help him out with the new relationship ever since.
“Make me stronger, Help me digivolve!” DarkLizardmon pleaded in her growling voice, that was the first concrete clue they got that something was wrong, DarkLizardmons are usually very chatty, in fact there were times when one of them had been deleted merely to shut them up, but this one was acting like a drone, either that or she was already highly injured and her data was in flux, Naruto got out his D-ark but before he could use it she leapt at them, trying to attack, though they both leapt out of the way in time. But again, she wasn’t attacking properly, DarkLizardmons are ranged fighters primarily, they usually only use close combat when they have little choice, but this one was acting more like a wounded beast then anything, lashing out at anything within range.
“Damn it, we have to knock her out, but I want her alive, if there’s something that is attacking those between the worlds then we have to know about it,” Naruto yelled to his partner, who nodded, having already come to that conclusion, unfortunately they never got a chance to enact their plan before a couple of gas grenades clattered to the floor between them and their quarry before the smoke from the grenades obscured everything from view. Naruto and Strabimon knew where the other was through their link thus they could hear that there were more people then just DarkLizardmon and themselves here, they decided through the link to hide, better to study your opponent from the shadows after all, unfortunately their plans were again foiled by the appearance of a helicopter beside the building which blew the smoke away, exposing Naruto and Strabimon standing next to each other looking towards a blonde man in a cheap suit wearing black sunglasses with what looked to be at least a dozen special forces government soldiers behind him, they also saw that DarkLizardmon was being loaded onto the helicopter inside a metal cable net, there was no way she was going anywhere.
“So, you’re one of the naïve little children who believes themselves to be a ‘Digimon Tamer’, Naruto Uzumaki, right?” Yamaki said, quoting what little intelligence his subordinates had been able to glean on this particular tamer as he looked at the child standing there with that abomination standing next to him.
“And you’re a low level Government flunkie that got shoved into a classified but not really important sector in the eyes of your bosses huh?” Naruto replied, enjoying the tick mark that appeared on his forehead, “Tell me, how many jobs did you fuck up to get stashed in an inane and unimportant job like this, what’d you do, give classified info to the wrong country? Sleep with the boss’s daughter? Sister? Wife? Mother?”
Judging by the numerous ticks on Yamaki’s forehead and the snorts and chuckles of the soldiers behind him, he’d either hit the nail on the head, or the SF’s were newbies and Yamaki didn’t take criticism well, personally he was betting on either just the last or maybe both.
“ENOUGH!” Yamaki roared, “I was going to let you go, little boy, but I think I’ll take you into custody as well as your digital pet, after all you don’t have any family that would come looking for you so if you disappear then nobody will question it,” he snarled out before being frozen by pure fear, there was something about this child, something … terrifying, something … inhuman.
Naruto had released enough pure killing intent to make a small animal die from it, he could tell that none of the men in front of him had either any real martial arts training nor any great amounts of chakra in their bodies because they were completely incapable of overcoming it, he kept it up for nearly half a minute before he eased off, “You and what army?” he asked, making Yamaki look behind him as every one of the SF’s except the pilot for the helicopter slumped over unconscious thanks to an excellent little genjutsu that one of his ancestors came up with for taking out civilians without any loss of life, it was actually quite a simple one and easy to control for someone with his level of training, only problem was that it didn’t work on anyone who had an active chakra system, which is why it fell out of use in his original universe, but here it was perfect.
At this point Yamaki was in a full blown panic, that was no child, it must be another one of those digital freaks posing as a human, yeah, regardless, he needed to get out of there. Yamaki ran onto the helicopter and ordered the pilot to get back to Hypnos, the pilot tried to object but when he saw the state his fellow SF’s were in he agreed whole heartedly with his boss, neither he nor Yamaki knew as they fled the scene with the DarkLizardmon aboard that those men were still alive and perfectly fine, merely unconscious, or that Naruto and Strabimon had used chakra/digital energy to stick themselves to the underside of the Helicopter in order to catch a ride, they had to know what Yamaki wanted with DarkLizardmon…
Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon
About 10 minutes after the helicopter had landed atop the Hypnos Tower Naruto and Strabimon were navigating through the air ducts of the building, both of them had commented of the stupidity of just about every building designer on the planet because air-ducts big enough for an adult to crawl through were a common feature in every government building pretty much every where except for the 3rd world countries, and the only reason they didn’t have them is because they didn’t have the buildings either, I’ve said it before I’ll say it again, there are only 2 things in this universe that are infinite, the universe itself and human stupidity, and I’m not too sure about the universe.
Finally, they found the room where DarkLizardmon was being kept in some kind of huge tank full of a clear liquid, though both of them would hesitate to call it water, suddenly one of the doors in the room opened and in stepped Yamaki himself, Naruto and Strabimon watched as DarkLizardmon was destroyed in an attempt to scan her data completely, from what they heard from Yamaki and the various scientists the reason DarkLizardmon was injured when she Bio-emerged is because of a Search and Destroy program that Yamaki himself designed called Yugoth which just barely clipped her, it was how they were able to find her so quickly, normally bio-emerging Digimon are able to hide themselves from Hypnos’s scanners in the real world because all it monitors is the border, nothing else, but the disturbance caused by Yugoth allowed her entry point to be easily tracked.
Apparently, even though some of the other scientists had their doubts, Yamaki believed Digimon to be nothing more then clever animated AI programs that had found their way to the real world through nothing more then a fluke, he didn’t believe that there was an actual digital dimension or even that Digimon were alive, and even worse, he would listen to and believe no-one but himself, he believed that Digimon were an accidental human creation and thus it his assigned duty to eliminate them, totally.
Yamaki also believed that the tamers were nothing more then children with an inflated view of themselves and that their partners were little more then rabid animals, despite evidence of their intelligence.
By this point Naruto had heard enough, he used his abilities granted to him by the digital energy flowing through his chakra system to hack into the Hypnos Mainframe using his D-ark and was about to plant a virus in their system before he saw a file titled … Juggernaut.
Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon/Naruto/Digimon
“… The damn thing is designed to act like a digital vacuum, sucking up any and all digital matter within range,” Naruto explained to the assembled Tamers and Digimon the next day inside his apartment, the shed was too risky, “Yamaki doesn’t know what he’s messing with, this Juggernaut could, and most likely will, open the gate between the worlds even further allowing not only a greater number of Digimon through, but also more powerful ones as well, I wouldn’t be the slightest bit surprised if an Ultimate is the first thing to come through the gate and if our luck holds, which I’m pretty sure it will, it’s first act will be to come after us.”
“Is there anything we can do?” Rika asked, she was still wearing her new outfit, which had gotten more then one raised eyebrow amongst the others but no comments, though now she had a black leather strap going over her right shoulder which held the Demon Slayer to her back.
“(sigh) I planted a virus, a nasty one which should take the next one or two months to remove from their system, but that won’t work a second time, Yamaki’s a shrewd one, he will have backups made once everything’s in working order, and backups of his backups probably,” Naruto answered her, “So we have one month to get in as much training as possible, I’ll be teaching you guys the Shadow Clone Jutsu first, that way you won’t be missed at home or school, we have one month and we have to make the most of it, because by the end of that one month, if we’re not ready for what comes through that gate…”
Rika finished the sentence, “We’re screwed.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
************************
AN: yes yes I know that it’s been too fucking long, believe me I’ve been trying to get back into it, but unfortunately my muse went on a vacation and I didn’t know were until yesterday when I finally tracked the little bitch down, I assure you she got plenty of lashings with the cat of nine tails, though I will admit that cleaning the blood out of the carpet was a bitch to do, I really should have done it outside.
PS I assure you that a either queasy or in law enforcement that my muse is not a real person, and therefore the things I do to her have no effect anywhere but in my demented imagination
PPS Oh, as for the vote as to whether or not I’m going to add more Naruto characters, it is now over since I honestly don’t know how much of a more resounding no I could have gotten, so no it is
This is Necros signing out, “BYE, EVERYBODY”
Sign up to rate and review this story